It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High School Student Suspended Over Border Patrol Shirt

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Schools love illegals, they can earn more tax dollars per student, that is why you see them doing stuff like this to anyone that would point out the fact they allow illegals to abuse our system. The only way to make schools or the state to care is to only allow schools to receive tax payer money by submitting detailed enrollment papers. Anyone who doesn't have a US birth certificate shouldn't be allowed to enroll into public schools or apply for welfare benefits period..

That would be one hell of a start to make it a lot harder for illegals abuse the system. If they can't get free health care, access to free public schools and free welfare how long do you think they will stay in this country illegally. Let them go back where they came from and come here the legal way or deal without having hand outs funded by tax payers.

This crap about the poor illegals just trying to make a better life for themselves is a load of bull. They come to the US to take advantage of our system and all the freebies they receive from it while tax payers get stuck with bill. One of the main reason public schools are in such bad shape, class rooms with too many students thanks to Federal Government unwilling to enforce the laws or do more to make it harder for illegals to abuse the system.

Those students are not racist for wearing a Shirt that says Border Patrol. The only people offended by that shirt is people who won't accept the truth that we have a major problem in this country with illegals milking the system.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
So some boys going to a game against a mostly hispanic school decided to wear border patrol shirts. I am pretty everyone is smart enough to know they did this just to cause trouble. And the school moved to avoid trouble. Wow thats just crazy a school trying to avoid trouble. What is this world coming to.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
So, if the boys were going to play against a mostly Islamic school, should they be forced to NOT wear NYPD or FDNY shirts? How about Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps.? Would those be off limits too? Certainly, any Muslim who is a U.S. citizen would LOVE the military and NY firefighters and police, right? Or, would the Muslims be the "racists" or "nationalists" or what's the word...."xenophobes"?

Whether you like it or not, there are plenty of hispanic people who are CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants. Painting all hispanics with the same brush is....well, absurd to say the least. Any hispanic who has a problem with the Border Patrol is the person with the problem, not the other way around. If they get violent over a T-Shirt, that says a hell of a lot about their character and potentially "legal" status. It sounds to me like the people struggling with the race issue are the ones who don't want the shirts.
edit on 4-10-2011 by navy_vet_stg3 because: Corrected a spelling error....

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I'm on the fence about this.

I truly feel bad for the kids who's parents stormed the border and popped out children rapid-fire, according to the game plan.

But also, children get teased. The kids who wear glasses that make their eyes look huge, the girls w/chest hair, the kid w/two daddies. It happens. It's not all entirely unhealthy. The strong minded poke right back and are accepted. Where is everyone when ol' four-eyes and werewolf girl gets made fun of? All of sudden people get special treatment because they are brown?? I don't think anyone should necessarily be excluded, and wearing a shirt that says 'border patrol' hardly constitutes hate speech.

Where were all of you bleeding hearts when I was in a school overrun by children of illegals that just showed up for the free lunch and to start fights and bully white people in numbers? They would single out the skinny runt w/no friends and take turns exerting physical dominance. Only when a jock-type stepped in a crushed a few jaws did it ever stop--and of course the student was suspended. It happened so often, and only when we got a Hispanic inner-city principal from LA did he finally kick them out for good.

School is a hectic place, we should be making exceptions for the kids that bring weapons and drugs to school, inflict physical harm and generally make school an unsafe place. The rest needs to be dealt with personally, within the family. Until a crime is committed, we don't have the resources to deal with it.

While I don't like direct finger pointing, I dislike robbing our citizens of freedom of speech even more so

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3

Whether you like it or not, there are plenty of hispanic people who are CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants. Painting all hispanics with the same brush is....well, absurd to say the least. Any hispanic who has a problem with the Border Patrol is the person with the problem, not the other way around. If they get violent over a T-Shirt, that says a hell of a lot about their character and potentially "legal" status. It sounds to me like the people struggling with the race issue are the ones who don't want the shirts.
edit on 4-10-2011 by navy_vet_stg3 because: Corrected a spelling error....

No one has a problem with the shirt at all, I love the Border Patrol and have a couple of close friends that patrol along the New Mexico border. The issue with these kids wearing these shirts is the timing and how it blatently shows that it is jab at people that aren't typical white Americans. The principal was right in not wanting his school associated in this jab. I commend him for having the intestinal fortitude to do so.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Procession101
No one has a problem with the shirt at all, I love the Border Patrol and have a couple of close friends that patrol along the New Mexico border. The issue with these kids wearing these shirts is the timing and how it blatently shows that it is jab at people that aren't typical white Americans. The principal was right in not wanting his school associated in this jab. I commend him for having the intestinal fortitude to do so.

So, "free speech" only applies when YOU say it applies, and the principal says it applies, right? It's all about "timing". When is the right "timing" to wear a Border Patrol shirt? Can you wear one in the mall? What if the mall has hispanics? Can you wear one at a professional football, or basketball game? What if there are hispanic fans? When, EXACTLY, is the "timing" right to wear a Border Patrol shirt? When, EXACTLY, is the "timing" right for the 1st Amendment?

Okay, Obama, what exactly is a "typical white American"?

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

So, "free speech" only applies when YOU say it applies, and the principal says it applies, right? It's all about "timing". When is the right "timing" to wear a Border Patrol shirt? Can you wear one in the mall? What if the mall has hispanics? Can you wear one at a professional football, or basketball game? What if there are hispanic fans? When, EXACTLY, is the "timing" right to wear a Border Patrol shirt? When, EXACTLY, is the "timing" right for the 1st Amendment?

Okay, Obama, what exactly is a "typical white American"?

Free speech applies when the kids are on their own time, like I stated in a earlier post as long as they aren't attached with a school program of any sort they can drive down to Pueblo and wear their BP shirts all they want. Hell they can wear a shirt saying "I HATE MEXICANS" for all I care. The school has a dress code and if they want to interact in it's activities they need to obey it BOTTOM LINE.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Free speech applies when the kids are on their own time, like I stated in a earlier post as long as they aren't attached with a school program of any sort they can drive down to Pueblo and wear their BP shirts all they want. Hell they can wear a shirt saying "I HATE MEXICANS" for all I care. The school has a dress code and if they want to interact in it's activities they need to obey it BOTTOM LINE.

Okay, so as I asked in an earlier post as well, what if they had a Che Guevara shirt? How about a La Raza shirt? What if they had a GOP, or DNC shirt? Army? Navy? Are those not allowed? This isn't about a dress code, and you trying to make it that is absurd.

So, the "BOTTOM LINE" is that the shirts did NOT violate any dress code. (See PDF below, pages 19-20)

School's Dress Code

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Okay, so as I asked in an earlier post as well, what if they had a Che Guevara shirt? How about a La Raza shirt? What if they had a GOP, or DNC shirt? Army? Navy? Are those not allowed? This isn't about a dress code, and you trying to make it that is absurd.

So, the "BOTTOM LINE" is that the shirts did NOT violate any dress code. (See PDF below, pages 19-20)

School's Dress Code

The shirts violated the dress code when the principal had the sense to realize it was intended as an insult for the people they were about to play.

About the shirts you listed if any of them can be used in a situation clever or not, where it would be an insult to any other party I'm sure the principal would have reacted the same. Why don't you understand this!?

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
My school has suspended for dumb things also. For instance, my friend was bored in class when some upper classmen were talking about Harry Potter. My friend tried to be funny and said he was a wizard and was going to cast a spell on them. He received 3 days of OSS for threatening other students. I have been on the bad end of this as well. Back when we had dress code we were required to wear a collar. My vice principle said that jackets were fine. My jacket wasn't zipped up therefore it didn't count and I received Saturday school for it.

Also, I think the whole fighting policy is corrupt too. If someone attacks you and you are the victim you still get suspended.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

The shirts violated the dress code when the principal had the sense to realize it was intended as an insult for the people they were about to play.

Again, we go back to the point that the principal gets to decide when the 1st Amendment applies? Funny, I thought you liberals were champions of the 1st Amendment. Apparently, it only applies when someone tells a Muslim woman she can't wear her burka in prison. That's the only time the left cares about the 1st Amendment. It's becoming clear now.

About the shirts you listed if any of them can be used in a situation clever or not, where it would be an insult to any other party I'm sure the principal would have reacted the same. Why don't you understand this!?

People have the right to be insulted in this country, and people have the right to insult someone else. As I've said before, if the people in Pueblo would have a problem with the shirts, then they are the ones who have the psychological problem. It's no different than a SWAT shirt, or a "Broomfield PD" shirt. If THEY have an issue with Border Patrol, then THEY are the ones with the problem. Why don't YOU understand this?

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ultinium
Also, I think the whole fighting policy is corrupt too. If someone attacks you and you are the victim you still get suspended.

This happened to my son 4 years ago when he was a Freshman. He had black belts in Taekowndo, Hapkido, and Yudo at the time (started training when he was 5). He was sucker punched, didn't fight back (only blocked the rest of the assault), and he was suspended for 2 days. I wound up getting it expunged from his record, but nearly went to prison to prove how serious I was about it.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I found the FBI shirts (female Boob Inspector) shirts more offensive, my school never stopped people from wearing those very offensive to females but they sent someone home early for wearing a bart simpson "eat my shorts" t shirt, that's ludicrous!!!!
Also should I be offended if an arab walked into a football game wearing a BP (british Petroleum) T-shirt? After all I live on the gulf coast and well Arabs a lot of them have made public their distaste for Americans! But would I frikking get offended? NO!!! IT's totally retarded.
What if they have family who work in Border Patrol...where did they get the t-shirts? Maybe a school function or college function like they were there to recruit and handed out shirts? So maybe these boys are stating their future goals about their careers much like our ROTC go around wearing army and navy shirts when I was in school.
To assume anything makes and A$$ out of U & ME...duh!!!!
edit on 4-10-2011 by ldyserenity because: spelling

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Again, we go back to the point that the principal gets to decide when the 1st Amendment applies? Funny, I thought you liberals were champions of the 1st Amendment. Apparently, it only applies when someone tells a Muslim woman she can't wear her burka in prison. That's the only time the left cares about the 1st Amendment. It's becoming clear now.

People have the right to be insulted in this country, and people have the right to insult someone else. As I've said before, if the people in Pueblo would have a problem with the shirts, then they are the ones who have the psychological problem. It's no different than a SWAT shirt, or a "Broomfield PD" shirt. If THEY have an issue with Border Patrol, then THEY are the ones with the problem. Why don't YOU understand this?

If you are too dumb to understand the difference between wearing those shirts and the situation with the BP shirts, I honestly don't have enough time to explain it to you and quite honestly feel REALLY bad for you.
Ok so using your logic then kids can pretty much speak out of turn while in class and pretty much wear anything they want any time they want. Hey, the 1st Ammendment trumps every rule a school has in place right? Apparently that is what you believe. I don't believe the kids should have been suspended but I believe they should have had to turn those shirts inside out if they wanted to compete in a school sport or project or what have you.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ultinium

This happened to my son 4 years ago when he was a Freshman. He had black belts in Taekowndo, Hapkido, and Yudo at the time (started training when he was 5). He was sucker punched, didn't fight back (only blocked the rest of the assault), and he was suspended for 2 days. I wound up getting it expunged from his record, but nearly went to prison to prove how serious I was about it.

This happened to my friend last week except that he's not the person that's just going to stand there. He was sucker-punched and he defended himself by slamming the kid on the ground. He was told by several administrators that he did a good job but there was nothing they could do to not suspend him. What was really bad was that the day before him and a friend were talking outside an hour after school and my friend said wth. A teacher wrote him up and he had to serve 3 days of ISS when his suspension was over.

It's always good to see parents being active with this kind of stuff.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Procession101

interesting to note.
In my life, i have seen probly 10-1 more racism directed towards whites than the other way around.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

If you are too dumb to understand the difference between wearing those shirts and the situation with the BP shirts, I honestly don't have enough time to explain it to you and quite honestly feel REALLY bad for you.

Huh? I think you replied to the wrong person, and are getting your messages crossed. I rest my case at this point. About the only thing you didn't do is say "your a moron".

Ok so using your logic then kids can pretty much speak out of turn while in class and pretty much wear anything they want any time they want. Hey, the 1st Ammendment trumps every rule a school has in place right? Apparently that is what you believe. I don't believe the kids should have been suspended but I believe they should have had to turn those shirts inside out if they wanted to compete in a school sport or project or what have you.

I think you meant this for me, but I'm not sure anymore. No, kids don't get to wear whatever they want. There is a dress code. I provided the dress code. NOWHERE was there a "No Border Patrol Shirts" section. Did you read it? Seriously, did you read the dress code?

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Huh? I think you replied to the wrong person, and are getting your messages crossed. I rest my case at this point. About the only thing you didn't do is say "your a moron".

I think you meant this for me, but I'm not sure anymore. No, kids don't get to wear whatever they want. There is a dress code. I provided the dress code. NOWHERE was there a "No Border Patrol Shirts" section. Did you read it? Seriously, did you read the dress code?

BP as in Border Patrol, it's pretty commonly used.
So do you really not understand the difference between those two situations or are you just trolling?

I guess you just skimmed the dress code but see #5 for WHERE the dress code would apply in this situation.
edit on 4-10-2011 by Procession101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

BP as in Border Patrol, it's pretty commonly used.

My bad....

So do you really not understand the difference between those two situations or are you just trolling?

No, I don't see a difference between Border Patrol and SWAT or any other federally funded law enforcement agency. And, I stand by my opinion that if someone has a problem with any of them, then THEY are the ones with the problem. Border Patrol also works on the northern border, AND they have a large number of hispanics that work for them. Try watching Border Wars on History Channel once, and have a look. It's funny how a white principal can speak for an entire hispanic community. Don't you find that strange? I sure do.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Interesting how times change. I was pretty young, but I remember my brother being suspended once for wearing a 'Budweiser' shirt to school (my parents owned a local tavern). I must how cool it was that my parents immediately called their lawyer, went to the school, and demanded my brother NOT serve suspension as the shirt was his 1st amendment right to free speech. The school backed down, and they agreed to disagree. He wore the shirt the rest of the day, but I don't think he ever wore it to school again.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join