It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrorists take credit for Downed Russian planes!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   

The Arabic-language statement, whose authenticity could not be verified, threatened more attacks.

"Our mujahideen in the Islambouli Brigades were able to hijack two Russian planes and they were successful despite the obstacles that faced them at the beginning. There were five (mujahideen) in each plane," the statement said.

Sour ce

So people, what do you all think?????

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Heard on the radio today it was two muslim women. No other information was provided.

[edit on 8/27/04 by SomewhereinBetween]

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   
the only thing I heard was that two muslim women bought tickets within an hour of takeoff and one woman was on each flight.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Yeah, I heard about the two women, but these guys are claiming that there were 5 terrorists on board each airplane.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 05:12 PM
link   
So what do you all think the Russian response will be? Thats what I want to know. Because if people think that americans are gung ho, and war hungry, I really want to see the restraint that Russia will exercise.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 05:22 PM
link   
it was one Chechnyan female rebel per plane with between 1 to 2 ounces of an explosive called Hexodine.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Time for the russian bear to whup some @$$

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealisticPatriot

My thoughts exactly. Do you think that this could lead to a greater alliance between the US and Russia (at least in dealing with terrorism)?

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I dont know about any alliances coming just yet, Russia seems to be well acquainted with terrorism. I just hope we scratch each others backs on info regarding terrorism and I hope they crack down on their black market arms where the terrorists seem to be getting a lot of their weaponry from. Hopefully they have not sold nukes to them.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I dont think anything will happen. Do we know who the terrorists were and who funded them?
Or will that come out within i week as usual? I sure hope they werent funded by anybody we know.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 06:18 PM
link   
It seems that they are Chechnyan Islamic terrorists

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man

Originally posted by RealisticPatriot

My thoughts exactly. Do you think that this could lead to a greater alliance between the US and Russia (at least in dealing with terrorism)?

- Excuse me?

Have you the slightest idea what is and has been going on in Chechnya?

This kind of 'toughen things up' attitude does kind of ignore the fact that when the full weight of the military is already being applied in battles with the so-called Chechnyan rebels there really isn't much further up the ladder of threat to go, is there?

The Russians already use air-strikes, tanks etc etc.

Have you not seen the film of the ruins umteen towns have been utterly reduced to?

This seems as daft to me as those who advocate 'getting tough' in Iraq.....as if B52 air strikes, cruise missiles and all the rest is somehow taking it easy.

So what's left? What exactly does 'toughening up further' really amount to? Indiscriminate genocide?

new topics

top topics

join