It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama impeachment a possibility, says Ron Paul

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

he held a yameni passport, got 20k for college, applying as an immigrant from yemen when he was born in los cruses NM.

entertained 2 of the 9/11 hijackers as an iman in colorado, fort hood dude, underwear bomber,

all these things are documented.

i like obama for taking out these guys but it's scary.

bush, i would really applaud doing this since you would expect it from him.

makes me wonder what obama is really about.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Flint2011

holy god,

what do you care?

are you a bad guy?

give me a bleeding heart break.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
reply to post by The Old American

None of those you mentioned ever declared war on the U.S.A., or were part of a group which did.

That is the difference that you, and many others, seem to be struggling to grasp.

Remember the Underwear bomber? The U.S. citizen who strapped a bomb to himself and got on a plane in Amsterdam and tried to blow it up? He was even influenced by Al-Awlaki.

Jury selection in his trial is set to begin today. Would it be better had we just rained hellfire down on him the second we got him off the plane? One's gut instinct and initial reaction might say, yes! But, we have rules in place for a reason.

And think of the intelligence that could have been gathered had we captured Al-Awlaki alive and put him to trial.

- Underwear Bomber story here.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by kalunom

well, that was the only window we had to get him.

seems like we are not risking lives anymore and have the tech to do it, good.

screw these guys. they don't need the archaic eye to eye valiant worrier BS from the past.

kill em and forget it.

by gone c ya!

lol, ron paul is over.

sorry guys.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

If your attitude is reflective of this country, which I don't believe it to be, this country is over. Not Ron Paul, as you say.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

" There is plenty of evidence of his involvement in terrorism. "

Evidence is that which has been found credible & relevant in a court of law..

..which court vetted this evidence you speak of?..None.. he wasn't even charged with a crime.

You trust politicians to issue secret death sentences, others would rather courts & due process decide.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
Reply to post by kalunom

People will stop at nothing to lynch our president, even when it comes to offenses like this.

Where was Ron Paul when the Bush administration had a part in Saddam's death? Feel free to point out anything that Paul might have said at the time.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

He's not my "president".. I don't need a leader or to be led.. he's a stranger who tells lies on television.

Allowing some dear leader to extra judicially execute innocent people is the exact same fascist insanity that plagued 1930s Germany..

The rule of law is doomed with people like you around.. by design

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
reply to post by kalunom

How is killing an enemy of the United States treason? Or how does it warrant impeachment?

It would fall under a violation of the Constitutional Oath. The president cannot just label a person a terrorist, then order his death based on that alone. Americans have a right to due process, and a trial by jury, even for Capital Crimes. Under this policy, Obama can order the death of anyone he sees fit to kill. Suppose he labels you, or your wife a terrorist with connections to Al Qaeda?

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by GovtFlu

You trust politicians to issue secret death

No, i trust our leaders to do what is necessary to protect us.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

I am pretty sure that when you openly betray the country and engage in terrorism(actual terrorism, he wasn't a protester or anything) against its citizens, you lose a lot of rights offered.

There is a process in America that will revoke citizenship for people like al-askjdasdaswhatshisname and Obama couldn't be bothered with this process because its "time consuming"

Boo F***ing Hoo, its his job, lots of things are time consuming, being president of the most corrupt and corportized country is ... hard, but thats what he signed up for, now he DIRECTLY disobeyed the constitution he swore to uphold,

I cant beleive more people dont see a huge problem with this, We have the right to assemble and abolish our government if it is corrupt, now this opens the door for anyone who trys to organize to be labeled as a terrorist and executed with out due process.

Like al-whatshisnameterrorist-scumbag, or not he was still an american citizen, and he has rights, if he went to trial, there is no doubt in my mind he would have been found guilty, and executed for treason, and it would have sent a hell of a better message then sending a drone to shoot a bomb up his dirty butthole.

yeah thats noble.

edit on 4-10-2011 by sicksonezer0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Here is a video I found showing Herman Cain being questioned about Al-Awlaki. In the video Herman Cain says that he, as an American citizen, should be charged, tried, and brought to justice.

So it is not just Ron Paul who thinks this way.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

fooks, you really need to simmer down with your insults. I won't apologize for having thought or emotion and being on the fence about this issue. Have you ever been torn by a situation where you are stuck in the middle? Take some of your own advise. Maybe if you expressed yourself as an individual rather than insulting others who do then you wouldn't get so much grief. Maybe that is your intention and I am just guilty of playing into your troll like posting behavior. Either way, you have a great day

edit on 4-10-2011 by Flint2011 because: Typo. OOps Typo

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by kalunom
Here is a video I found showing Herman Cain being questioned about Al-Awlaki. In the video Herman Cain says that he, as an American citizen, should be charged, tried, and brought to justice.

So it is not just Ron Paul who thinks this way.

I'm so proud of Ron Paul and Herman Cain for speaking out against killing American citizens without due process. I hope more will realize just how troubling this is to all Americans.
We need more public figures speaking out against this.
A couple of friends at work are Obama supporters simply "because he's black"! They support anything Obama does regardless of what it is. Thats pathetic and I hope I never fall into that kind of thinking with anyone I might support for potus.
I have to wonder about that homegrown terror list and just how long it is.
This is a very serious and scary subject that shouldn't be excused.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

Should it matter if he was found out before or after? To all accounts this cleric did not renounce his citizenship to the US. And ultimately, that is the problem in itself. John Walker renounced his citizenship, so therefore, if we had killed him, it would not have been such a big deal, but in this case, no it does matter.

The laws are there to protect the people of this country, both the guilty and the innocent. And the last time we all checked, one is presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. Or is it now, one is guilty until proven innocent in a court of law?

If we are so willing to violate a persons rights and legal standing, cause they are guilty in our eyes, that is no better, than one person being judge, jury and exocutioner, to which that is exactly what the President of the United States did, and he should not have even took on all three roles. That is a form of tyranny, and ultimately, it was wrong back when it was done, at the time of the founding of our country, and it is wrong now.

Just cause we do not like the suspect, does not give us the right to strip his rights away or suspend due process. And ultimately, what did he do, there is talk of what he is supposed to have done, or inspired doing, but that is a matter for the courts to decide, if he violated his right to the Freedom of Speech,. And that is what he ultimately used, his very freedom of speech, to which it could be argued that there are thousands, if not millions of citizens who do the exact same thing every day. And their followers, feverant fanatics, take aim and do what they are told by the person. Yet they are not killed, after all the most famous of individuals is still in prison, Charles Manson, he inspired his followers to commit murder, yet did not lift a hand to do any of the murders himself. So why did we not execute Manson, yet found it correct to murder this guy?

Cause he was in a foreign country? There should be no difference, and it sets a dangerous precedence for both other administrations and other countries. We have yet to see the fall out from this, and it is coming.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
The problem is that he was *technically* an American. Does he deserve to be called an American? In my mind, no. But the fact remains he was *technically* an American. Therefore, his right to trial by a jury of his peers was violated. That said, I'm not shedding any tears over his death. What makes me uncomfortable is that it approaches the point where they don't use the evidence, and all the government has to do is call you "enemy" to take you out.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by EPH612
The problem is that he was *technically* an American. Does he deserve to be called an American? In my mind, no. But the fact remains he was *technically* an American. Therefore, his right to trial by a jury of his peers was violated. That said, I'm not shedding any tears over his death. What makes me uncomfortable is that it approaches the point where they don't use the evidence, and all the government has to do is call you "enemy" to take you out.

Al-Awlaki was technically an American, yes. And Obama should recognize this and, as President, set the standard for justice. What does he do? Orders a strike which kills this American citizen outright. No attempt at capture that I am aware of.

For those who are saying this guy deserved and Obama is protecting us...look at it this way. Obama is violating the rules laid out in our Constitution. Does that make you feel safe?

Thanks for sharing EPH.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Well Mr.Paul what about the Illegal "Kinetic military action" in Libya, that Obama still hasn't gotten congressional
approval for? would that not be grounds for impeachment? That would be more of a war crime than bush's "war crimes" that EVERYONE was supportive of.

and when Gun walker/F&F are finally figured out, he very well may be in the middle of that scandal too.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Also, I don't give a flying [SNIP] about him being an American citizen, preaching and inciting harmful actions against fellow Americans in the form of terrorist attacks is like an act of treason, Punishable. By. Death.
edit on 4-10-2011 by Kingbreaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
reply to post by kalunom

How is killing an enemy of the United States treason? Or how does it warrant impeachment?

“The death of al-Awlaki is a major blow to Al Qaeda’s most active operational affiliate,” Obama said at a military ceremony Friday morning in Arlington, Va. “The death of Awlaki marks another significant milestone in the broader effort to defeat Al Qaeda and its affiliates.”

www.politico.com...

Sounds like he was doing his job.

Because of other law or bills passed by these guys, They can literally name anyone they want as a terrorist, because they've included domestic now, and then kill that person and ake up a cover story that they were going to kill so and so and then that person gets no trial and could be 100% innocent but the gov can do what it wants to who it wants.

That is not why we formed a federal government. We formed them to help lead us STATES in UNITY as ONE NATION. They work for the people. for the states.

At some point it grew only to serve itself and maintain greater power.

All it takes is a few bad apples to ruin bunch.

THen we let these bad apples run everything and pay off whoever because we allowed the to make us think we need tons of money.

We are not smart.....get it

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join