It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama impeachment a possibility, says Ron Paul

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Im sure he was a terrible man and got what he deserved, but the law is the law and must be followed.

What if he really wasnt that bad and the media made a boogie man out of him? We all know they are well capable of doing so.

What if hes really not even dead and was made up the whole time? Kinda like the bin laden conspiracy.

What if the Wall St. fat cats pay the POTUS enough money to call protesters terrorists?

What if they start calling conspiracy theorists (which means everyone on ATS) terrorists?

I'll bet you wish you stuck to the law and impeached while you had a chance.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Not trying to butt in, but this man was an American citizen and was never convicted of anything in the court of law.

I am pretty sure that when you openly betray the country and engage in terrorism(actual terrorism, he wasn't a protester or anything) against its citizens, you lose a lot of rights offered.

and then killed without any evidence being presented

There is plenty of evidence of his involvement in terrorism.

Well now, how very interesting. Even the president is not providing evidence to justify his crime. (by his, I mean the president's) So, how about providing us with this evidence you claim exists. If in fact you have proof of his crimes to present to use, then please follow up with sufficient reasoning to deny an American citizen with due process.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Ronny is just using scare tactics and misinformation methods.
Obama is going to get his second term which is already resevered
for him.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
...yeah just like they wanted to impeach BUSH for various reasons.........O.K Ron riiiiiiiiiight i really see that happening to Obama.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by cosmicexplorer
Obama was a constitutional lawyer i think.
And Ron Paul's balls clank when he walks.

Sen. Obama, who has taught courses in constitutional law at the University of Chicago, has regularly referred to himself as "a constitutional law professor," most famously at a March 30, 2007, fundraiser when he said, "I was a constitutional law professor, which means unlike the current president I actually respect the Constitution." A spokesman for the Republican National Committee immediately took exception to Obama’s remarks, pointing out that Obama’s title at the University of Chicago was "senior lecturer" and not "professor."

He was not a Constitutional lawyer. And "senior lecturer" is much different than a tenured professor. And his statement that he "actually respect(s) the Constitution", ....is clearly not accurate.

Source

Think harder. Especially on your second-line off-topic remarks.
edit on 4-10-2011 by kalunom because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-10-2011 by kalunom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by kalunom

There are two different problems.

1. The moral problem.
It seems uncontroversial that torture is something the US should not be doing to anyone. But killing is something the US should be doing to anyone? If torture is wrong, killing is even more wrong.

Even in a war, you give your enemy an opportunity to surrender when on the battlefield. There is some evidence he may have been an enemy (though nothing solid that I've seen). But even if I accept that evidence, where is the evidence that he was given the opportunity to surrender on the battlefield? Did the military phone home and say: "Hey, we're about to send over a missile to kill you. This is your last chance to surrender. Yes or No?" I'd like to hear the audio of that.

2. The unconstitutional problem.

Amendment 14 - Citizenship Rights. Ratified 7/9/1868

1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

You could say that the so-called terrorist was involved in war against the United States. Congress is the branch of the government that authorizes war. So, I challenge anyone who thinks this was an act of war to point to the passed piece of legislation authorizing war against him in specific.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

reply to post by kalunom

How is killing an enemy of the United States treason? Or how does it warrant impeachment?
Its treason because you can't kill an enemy until congress declares them to be an enemy. (Unless they attack you first obviously). That is how the US legal system works. Show the videotape of the alleged enemy attacking America. The audio? A copy of the investigative report?

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by seachange

reply to post by kalunom

How is killing an enemy of the United States treason? Or how does it warrant impeachment?
Its treason because you can't kill an enemy until congress declares them to be an enemy. (Unless they attack you first obviously). That is how the US legal system works. Show the videotape of the alleged enemy attacking America. The audio? A copy of the investigative report?

Ding ding ding, we've got a winner. I don't see how people can just brush it aside like it's nothing.

I have no doubt our government has been doing assasinations like this for years. But to do it OPENLY, and with zero worry of consequences.

Our children and grandchildren will look back on these days like we look back at Germany in the early 1930's. Shoulda coulda woulda, we need to keep standing up.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by alienreality

What about serial rapists? Serial murderers? As far as I am concerned they are terrorists. They strike fear in women and men alike.

They are still granted fair trial. Most are sentenced life in prison, but there is still potential for release. al-awaki has been linked to plots of terror but has never actually committed a terror-related crime, as far as what has been shown publicly.

And as others have mentioned, Ron Paul is too logical and honest to make it. I feel like the gen pop does not take our future seriously. Not when iPhone upgrades are more important than tyranny or protests. If the right minds got together and pushed hard enough, Obama could be impeached. Too bad the right minds aren't on the mind of MSM.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

reply to post by kalunom

“The death of al-Awlaki is a major blow to Al Qaeda’s most active operational affiliate,” Obama said at a military ceremony Friday morning in Arlington, Va. “The death of Awlaki marks another significant milestone in the broader effort to defeat Al Qaeda and its affiliates.”

www.politico.com...

Sounds like he was doing his job.

During wartime according to the laws that are in place....legally he has not done anything against the law. He won't be impeached.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Why don't you complain about the war on terror itself? Instead of blaming Obama for everything. You're letting your hatred of that man blind you from the truth.

What Obama did was constitutional...just because you disagree with it, doesn't mean it's against the constitution.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by kalunom

Did Ron Paul escape from the looney bin again? That guy. He alwasy cracks me up with his crazy and wacky comments.

Vote Herman Cain 2012
edit on 4-10-2011 by kellynap43 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Plus. i dont think the world will miss the guy to much. Not like he tried to promote world peace or anything.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by kalunom

I would have to agree with Ron on this one. There is more to impeach Obama for then just killing the American born Al-queada member. It seems as though he was doing his job but then again it seems he has committed acts of treason. If Obama is to be impeached it should be for other things and not this even though many people including Ron paul thinks he could possibly be impeached for this. Obama could be impeached for war crimes against Libya or many other things. I am not sure what the grounds for being impeached are but i would really like to know. This was a very interesting thread and i thank you for the information i have now learned.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by kalunom

I wonder if the guy was black or a muslim would we be having this conversation? This world is funny.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by LogiosHermes27

Well, bush was white and no one really said anything about him when he did things people did not agree with. There are racists people who do not like Obama and there are people who do not like his original religion but he was the person the nation chose to be president so why is a lot of people suddenly turning on him? Probably because America has decided to wake up and realize the things the people in higher office is doing.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
lol

they don't have the votes in the senate and Mr. paul knows that of course

this is absurd political pandering at it's worst

ronnie has jumped the shark
edit on 4-10-2011 by syrinx high priest because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by demonologist842012

Mis read, please ignore.

edit on 4-10-2011 by kellynap43 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
don't impeach him, cause I think obama is a pretty cool guy. eh kills Muslim terrorist and doesn't afraid of anything.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join