It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy Nibiru

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Demonstrators, you might as well give it a go because it’s more realistic.

What is the real expected outcome of all of these new demonstrations? Surely it cannot be some utopian idea whereby all of a sudden humans stop acting like idiots and overnight develop morality and ethics. Surely it’s not a utopia where greed no longer exists and everyone is equal because if it is I’d be taking the Nibiru option simply because it is less of a folly.

Demonstrations are the lazy option, laaaazy. If you want to change a system you need to infiltrate and populate but that takes time, a long time, and it is the hard option, the very hard option. It actually requires hard work; it requires patience and it also requires you to have a solid ideology that the majority actually want to live with which is the hardest part of all.

Should the demonstrators choose the hard road then they will gain my respect however in the meantime let’s not forget that we live in a democracy and to fight an illness you need to treat the cause not the symptoms.

Cheers

Edit. OK, I'll spell it out to avoid any confusion. The system is the Political System all of the sickness you see is a symptom from the cause which is Politics.

edit on 3-10-2011 by myselfaswell because: as noted.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Thank You!

People, in a small mass, believe this enlightenment is going to happen over night where peoples ethics instantaneously go towards the better. The only solution or cause that can make this happen will not come from a protest but an event.

The event will either be someone being killed or the structure/system fails and people are left with nothing.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
So let me get this straight. You complain when people aren't doing anything about the corruption, and then you criticize and belittle them when they begin an attempt to challenge the corruption.

Ok...makes sense...makes a lot of sense.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

The statements in the post are clear enough. We have a system that at times has proven to work. Wall Street is a symptom not the cause.

Cheers

Edit: And by the way at what point have I been complaining about corruption, exactly.
edit on 3-10-2011 by myselfaswell because: pretty obvious

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
lol @ occupy nibiru

But I have to dissagree about your point about protesters being lazy. Infiltrating this system, wouldn't have any luck what so ever. If you were to get "inside", you'd still have toget to the very top of the banking carterls before you could even begin to make a difference. And then you've got to persuade those in charge that they need to change. (good luck with that!) That wouldn't just take years, that would take generations. We haven't got that time to spare. The world is in need of an extreme makeover, the goverments are greedy criminals, the banks and big businesses have far too much power, and the police are set in place to protect this position of power. It's all control, and that control needs to stop. And yes, this will start out with small groups, but hopefully it'll grow, you have to plant a seed before you can take a crop. It's far from lazy, and it's far from pointless. It's the exact opposite of those things. Being lazy, would be to sit there doing sweet FA while others get a baton strike to the head. Trust me, if i hadn't broken my ankle and my leg last weekend, I'd have been in London on the 15th for Occupy London. Because I feel that it is a worthy cause, our freedoms are worth fighting for.
edit on 3/10/2011 by Acidtastic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
My thoughts exactly. These marches and what not have been going on for some time now. For the past week there has been a gathering in my city everyday and it has done nothing. I even went as far as to ask one of them "What is it you are trying to do exactly" all I got was "I dunno".

This whole thing is very messy, very unorganized, and to be honest, doesn't even have one set goal. Half the people don't know what they are doing, why they are there, or what's going to happen.

If you really want to change America that much, go to school, learn politics, run for governor/senate/or president and slowly make your voice heard and change the policies that stand. Simply sitting around won't solve anything.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
History again repeats! Why do we not change our system?

Oh, because we're not banks.

I would like to believe that this is the dawning of a new age for humanity. History is fascinating in the sense of human evolution. Violence is inevitable. It's instilled in our DNA, only because for countless years we have tried to solve our conflicts through bloodshed.

I don't wish death or cruelty upon others because we have a choice. Though, you can argue this in nature. Is there a Pride of Lions that live only to take what they WANT from the ecosystem? Nay, they take only what they NEED. Our distorted instinct has blinded us. Thanks world, for leading me on all these years.

Please, anyone; What is one flaw in nature found here on Earth?

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Celestica
My thoughts exactly. These marches and what not have been going on for some time now. For the past week there has been a gathering in my city everyday and it has done nothing. I even went as far as to ask one of them "What is it you are trying to do exactly" all I got was "I dunno".

This whole thing is very messy, very unorganized, and to be honest, doesn't even have one set goal. Half the people don't know what they are doing, why they are there, or what's going to happen.

If you really want to change America that much, go to school, learn politics, run for governor/senate/or president and slowly make your voice heard and change the policies that stand. Simply sitting around won't solve anything.

People like us can give out little flyers...source

We the 99% will not be silent and we will not be intimidated. This Saturday thousands more of us will march together as one to show that it is time that the 99% are heard. Join us on the 2nd week anniversary of your new movement. This is a call for individuals, families and community and advocacy groups to march in solidarity with the #occupywallstreet movement on Saturday, October 1st at 3 p.m. We are unions, students, teachers, veterans, first responders, families, the unemployed and underemployed. We are all races, sexes and creeds. We are the majority. We are the 99 percent. And we will no longer be silent. As members of the 99 percent, we occupy Wall Street as a symbolic gesture of our discontent with the current economic and political climate and as an example of a better world to come. Therefore we invite the public, our fellow 99 percent, to join us

edit on (10/3/1111 by loveguy because:

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
First off the system DOES NOT work. If the system worked, we wouldnt have to worry about collapse.....seriously though, wake up. You really think it works?! Its quite obvious at this time that it is failing miserably. Do you have an urge to fill your pockets with cash? Err paper

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by loveguy

Originally posted by Celestica

People like us can give out little flyers...source

We the 99% will not be silent and we will not be intimidated. This Saturday thousands more of us will march together as one to show that it is time that the 99% are heard. Join us on the 2nd week anniversary of your new movement. This is a call for individuals, families and community and advocacy groups to march in solidarity with the #occupywallstreet movement on Saturday, October 1st at 3 p.m. We are unions, students, teachers, veterans, first responders, families, the unemployed and underemployed. We are all races, sexes and creeds. We are the majority. We are the 99 percent. And we will no longer be silent. As members of the 99 percent, we occupy Wall Street as a symbolic gesture of our discontent with the current economic and political climate and as an example of a better world to come. Therefore we invite the public, our fellow 99 percent, to join us

edit on (10/3/1111 by loveguy because:

That didn't really tell me what the purpose is though, we will be heard, we are everywhere, ok and? we have always been here? WHATS THE POINT?

Ya'know things like this will continue till the end of time. No one will ever be happy with our government, or any government. There is no way to appease all 6.7 billion people on the planet. sometimes we should just be grateful for what we have that other countries don't. sure, there are many problems in america. but there are also many liberties that we have that other countries lack. we have the freedom to bad mouth our own country and all those that live in it.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
The seeds of change are always sown by the intellectuals of the society. I have been watching the protests with great interest. At the moment they seem like a disparate group of people with no realistic plans 'only a desire for change'. As the economic situation worsens in the U.S its easy to imagine the protestors gaining more and more public support. Once that happens, political movements and unions may jump on board. So at the moment it may feel like what they are doing has little credability and may fizzle out to nothing, but the potential exists for it to likewise become a very large and loud voice for change. Which is of course a good thing.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Thank's to some of those who have contributed to this "discussion".

To the others I will say this. Read the posts, read what I have actually written. At what point have I complained about corruption
and where in this post have I stated that the system works

There has so far been a clear, demonstrated lack of understanding of how thing's work. There is a hierarchy of control and wall street is not at the top. Yes they have influence however the system that governs them is the Political System. That is the system that is dis-functional. If you think that big bonuses for bankers in a time of difficulty is the biggest problem then we are doomed.

The reason you see wall street standing on the balcony laughing away and drinking champagne is because they see that people just don't get it. They know that people are barking up the wrong tree and nothing will happen, and the status quo will remain.

What I'd like to know is how many of the demonstrators have contacted their politicians and outlined the problems as they see it. I'd be fairly sure if the demonstrators had done this on mass PRIOR to demonstrating then maybe there might have been progress.

You don't put out fires by attacking the flames any fireman will tell you that.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by myselfaswell

The goal of the protests is simply, you just have to be a little intelligent to figure it out.

The protests are to stop the Orwellian state we're all living in.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by myselfaswell
The reason you see wall street standing on the balcony laughing away and drinking champagne is because they see that people just don't get it. They know that people are barking up the wrong tree and nothing will happen, and the status quo will remain.

I can bet you the nobles thought the same in France 1789

Point is, change comes with revolution, peaceful or forceful. And the bankersters can continue to think they've got a grip on the 300 million people in America, but the tides are slowly changing, and they will only continue to change.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
People should be aware that there is a line drawn that is plain to see.

It's the 99% of us standing against the oppressors who are the 1%.

It's telling anyone who wipes their butt with petty salaries 99% of us wish we could bring home in a year.

It's simple and straight-forward...just like Dubya said;

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

you need to infiltrate and populate but that takes time, a long time, and it is the hard option, the very hard option. It actually requires hard work; it requires patience and it also requires you to have a solid ideology that the majority actually want to live with which is the hardest part of all.

THIS times a hundred thousand trillion

edit on 3-10-2011 by Nastradamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

Equality

2nd

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

So is the suggestion then, Wealth Distribution ?.

I agree that the yawning gap between rich and poor is utterly obscene. That can be fixed and it can be done so with ease.

Install politicians who have the intelligence and backbone to develop the political system and more specifically the tax system to reflect the balanced equality that we are looking for.

The suggestion that you don't tax the rich because they are the people who generate jobs is, by quite some margin, one of the most absurd things I have ever heard of.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

reply to post by loveguy

So is the suggestion then, Wealth Distribution ?.

I agree that the yawning gap between rich and poor is utterly obscene. That can be fixed and it can be done so with ease.

Install politicians who have the intelligence and backbone to develop the political system and more specifically the tax system to reflect the balanced equality that we are looking for.

The suggestion that you don't tax the rich because they are the people who generate jobs is, by quite some margin, one of the most absurd things I have ever heard of.

Cheers

Yes. Having to be compensated for what we'd normally do as a species is absurd -isn't it?

It's a big box we're in.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

Actually it's a Cube that we are in.

The Cube

Compensation is not really the word I would use. While in principle it is a better sentiment than "Earnings" the reality of the systems that have been developed have been done so without account of the concept of life. At best your earnings are a measure of your contribution to society and at worst paid slavery.

Going back to the OP and having reviewed some of the demands from the protesters I am now more convinced than ever that either this is totally misguided or being driven by others for their own ends. Either way it's doomed to fail.

Cheers

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join