reply to post by pixiekaram
Heres the list of demands that anonymous has released in regards to ocw
1. INVESTIGATE, ARREST AND TRY THE WALL STREET CRIMINALS who clearly broke the law and helped cause the 2008 financial crisis in the following notable
cases: (insert list of the most clear cut criminal actions). There is a pretty broad consensus that there is a clear group of people who got away with
millions / billions illegally and haven't been brought to justice.
2. CONGRESS ENACT LEGISLATION TO PROTECT OUR DEMOCRACY BY REVERSING THE EFFECTS OF THE CITIZENS UNITED SUPREME COURT DECISION which essentially said
corporations can spend as much as they want on elections and no disclosure is required about who's giving to who. Corporations should be highly
limited in ability to contribute to political campaigns no matter what the election and no matter what the form of media.
3. ACTION ON GLASS-STEAGALL en.wikipedia.org...
–Steagall_Act --- Wiki entry summary: The repeal of provisions of the Glass–Steagall
Act of 1933 by the Gramm–Leach–Bliley Act effectively removed the separation that previously existed between investment banking which issued
securities and commercial banks which accepted deposits. The deregulation also removed conflict of interest prohibitions between investment bankers
serving as officers of commercial banks.
4. CONGRESS PASS THE BUFFETT RULE ON FAIR TAXATION SO THE RICH AND CORPORATIONS PAY THEIR FAIR SHARE & CLOSE CORPORATE TAX LOOP HOLES INCLUDING
PROHIBITION ON HIDING FUNDS OFF SHORE. Pass the Buffet Rule on fair taxation so the rich pay their fair share. (If you really had a good negotiating
position and had the place surrounded, you could actually dial up taxes on millionaires, billionaires and corporations even higher.
5. CONGRESS COMPLETELY REVAMP THE SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION AND STAFF IT AT HIGHEST AND LOWEST LEVELS WITH PROFESSIONALS WHO GET THE JOB DONE
PROTECTING THE INTEGRITY OF THE MARKET THEREBY PROTECTING THE AMERICAN PEOPLE AND INVESTORS. Also, this agency needs a large staff and needs to be
6. RE-ESTABLISH THE PUBLIC AIRWAVES IN THE U.S. SO THAT POLITICAL CANDIDATES ARE GIVEN EQUAL TIME FOR FREE AT REASONABLE INTERVALS IN DAILY
PROGRAMMING DURING CAMPAIGN SEASON. The same should extend to other media.
7. CONGRESS ENACT SPECIFIC LAWS THAT EFFECTIVELY BUILD A WALL BETWEEN THE DEFENSE INDUSTRY AND THE U.S. MILITARY. If we're going after corruption and
also trying to reduce all the unnecessary wars that are costly in so many ways (most importantly costly in terms of human life on both sides), then
this is the GRANDDADDY OF ALL REFORMS. Any of you who have seen the award winning widely popular documentary "Why We Fight" will realize the HUGE
impact of this. Here's a snippet of Eisenhower's brave speech.
I think theres 22 in all just type occupy wall street list of demands
Whats lost in all the hype is that these are very valid demands, and will make a world of difference if acted upon.
edit on 3-10-2011 by DrunkNinja because: (no reason given)