It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now is the time to keep your eyes open (Occupy Movements)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by outsidethesquare

sorry bout that I think I'm just a bit tired lol

But I still hope for the best with this movement and no matter how it ends...at least something is finally happening...
edit on 3-10-2011 by here4awhile because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by here4awhile

The bankster's are not doing anything that the government has not let them get away with, triangulating only empowers TPTB to protect the ones you want punished. The public at large is already aware of the "occupy" movement.

I say get to the root of the problem which lies in Washington. Anything else will be marginalized, put-down or otherwise dealt with. I say Wall Street only has perceived power which is granted by paid-off politicians - when the pitch-forks are at their gates (metaphorically) in Washington maybe then they'll realize where the real power lies.

Only one thing motivates our current crop of politicians - STAYING in office - make it unequivocally clear they get the boot and watch how fast something happens from "Justus protection bureau" as they squirm.

Oh and just an opinion here, the platform should be one single item, arrest and prosecute the bankster's. If any other agenda is mixed in then the movement will be ripe for fracturing and disinformation.

Until then..........yawn

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by here4awhile

Originally posted by steveknows

reply to post by steveknows

that's ok...and what are these other ways?

You basically said that anyone with a different opinion to you or who might not agree must be an agent for the NWO or something. Sorry but that's just stupid.

How about you point out exactly where I said such a thing...because I didn't and you're just trying to put words in my mouth with your assumptions...

So do you think the best thing to do is to get out there with no real message other than "we can block the streets"?

There is an obvious reason for going out to these movements and actually participating...you don't have to block the streets to get your voice heard and you're just making assumptions again...

Well that is going to get the average Joe who's life is interupted on side isn't it. What is being asked for? Is there a plan other than to attract thousands pf protesters most of which won't understand or care what it's about?

I really don't know what you're talking about because you've already made so many vague assumptions based off of nothing...I'm merely asking people to keep their eyes open for any false information and to prove it wrong is all...

It also seems to me that the people who show up to a protest typically care what it's about...

Let me guess. I'm an agent and not someone who has his own opinion.

everyone is entitled to their own opinion...whatever yours is...seems rather negative and anti-protest...you might as well just come out and say that you don't want people voicing their opinions publicly...it doesn't make you an agent...it just makes you special in your own special way I guess...

Oh you still haven't answered the question I asked...what other ways have you done anything to change the direction our country is headed...or are you happy with the direction our country is headed?

You can avoid those questions too if you'd like I really don't care...as I said before...that's ok...

This is what you said.

"Just keep your eyes open as I have been seeing some odd snippets of negativity towards these movements such as "they're just trying to incite violence" or "they're attempting to install a totalitarian government"...whether it's disinformation, ignorance, or an attempt to sway people from standing up for what they believe in...I don't know..."

Now I say to you.

What you've said is anyone who has a different view is being negative or trying to feed disinformation or is uneducated in relation to how the world is working. No I'm not trying to put words in your mouth but as you can see I've had to point your own words out to you.

Everything you said there is a negative toward indipendent thought, Supposably one of the things people are fighting against.

What you've effectivaly said is either you're with us or you're against us and people need to keep an eye out for those who are against us.

There's alot more to think about than your view allows for.

Mass protests against institutions just play into the hands of those institutions and disrupt the lives of the average worker, the silent voter. Only a change from within will change anything. It needs to be done by a political party founded on the concept of constructive change. People want things to change right now and think that shutting down a city will do it however it just has a negative effect. These people who run the world didn't get there over night and the people who can disimpower them won't do it over night. change takes time and patience and the people to do it have to have a long term plan.

Control a government first then you have a chance of controlling the institutions. It's all about idiology and it's a long road. So many will go out and protest but so few will enter politics with the long term plan of change. All a mass protest does is a mass protests

edit on 3-10-2011 by steveknows because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

anybody who says something like what I pointed out isn't a difference of opinion, it's a flat out lie...that's my point that you don't seem to comprehend at the moment...you are entitled to an opinion of your own...but when your opinion goes from being a simple opinion to a flat out lie then I start to question the motives of said person...

I find it ridiculous that you think these movements are interfering with anything other than the police's time...they're not stopping anybody from doing their jobs and have remained peaceful...hell...the Occupy Montana meeting in Billings is being held in a coffee shop...they told us we can hold our meeting there and outside as long as we buy something...so in all actuality we're helping a local business...

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

anybody who says something like what I pointed out isn't a difference of opinion, it's a flat out lie...that's my point that you don't seem to comprehend at the moment...you are entitled to an opinion of your own...but when your opinion goes from being a simple opinion to a flat out lie then I start to question the motives of said person...

I find it ridiculous that you think these movements are interfering with anything other than the police's time...they're not stopping anybody from doing their jobs and have remained peaceful...hell...the Occupy Montana meeting in Billings is being held in a coffee shop...they told us we can hold our meeting there and outside as long as we buy something...so in all actuality we're helping a local business...

So you ask me to point it out to you and when I do you say it's an out right lie. The fact is that that you've been fingered and like alot of people who are brought to question you answer it with an accusation. It's there in print posted by you. I'm not telling a lie because it's there for the reading.

I'll show it again.

You said

"Just keep your eyes open as I have been seeing some odd snippets of negativity towards these movements such as "they're just trying to incite violence" or "they're attempting to install a totalitarian government"...whether it's disinformation, ignorance, or an attempt to sway people from standing up for what they believe in...I don't know..."

Enough said.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

good god dude you have reading comprehension problems...

I'M NOT CALLING YOU THE LIAR...I'M CALLING A PERSON WHO POSTS MISLEADING INFO THE LIAR...

that is all...

good day...

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

good god dude you have reading comprehension problems...

I'M NOT CALLING YOU THE LIAR...I'M CALLING A PERSON WHO POSTS MISLEADING INFO THE LIAR...

that is all...

good day...

The examples you gave as " misleading" are just other peoples points of view. By saying theyre misleading you are saying that they are making an attempt to distort the truth and you are basing that on the idea that your point of view is a the correct one.

It appears to be you who has in effect an all round comprehension problem if for the life of you you can't see what I mean.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

ok...if somebody says..."they are just trying to incite violence" when they aren't, and it's completely peaceful...that is not only an opinion but a lie...or "they are trying to install a totalitarian government" when they're not...is not only an opinion but a lie...which is only partially true according to that last video where that stupid kid was talking about forcing people to do things the way that the government wants them to...

I'm not saying anybody with a different opinion on going out and showing up to an event like this in their local area is a disinfo agent or a liar...but they like to distort the facts to make it seem like anybody who goes out and protests is automatically a bad person just the way you are attempting to do so with me...I want to go to my local event simply because I hold a positive attitude in regards to this and I aim at going to not only inform but be informed with other individuals, instead of a defeatist attitude saying "what's the point" or "you're not going to change anything anyways"...

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
The Left would like us all to believe that the cause of our economic problems is Capitalism. Repeatedly, they point to the loss of the "American Dream" as evidence of Capitalism's failure. This is a complete prevarication and disconnect from reality. If the loss of the American Dream is due to capitalism, then what created it in the first place?

The issue is not capitalism in and of itself, the issue is collusion between Government, Global Corporations and Financial Institutions to overtly steal the wealth of the people without their knowledge as they try to "blame it on moose and squirrel". Corruption has been legislated into every corner deliberately as an avenue to steal the wealth of countries and their people.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
A great quote,by a great man.I think it pretty much sums it all up.

"A great industrial nation is controlled by it's system of credit. Our system of credit is concentrated in the hands of a few men. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated governments in the world-- no longer a government of free opinion, no longer a government by conviction and vote of the majority, but a government by the opinion and duress of small groups of dominant men." -- President Woodrow Wilson

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrbarber
The Left would like us all to believe that the cause of our economic problems is Capitalism. Repeatedly, they point to the loss of the "American Dream" as evidence of Capitalism's failure. This is a complete prevarication and disconnect from reality. If the loss of the American Dream is due to capitalism, then what created it in the first place?

The issue is not capitalism in and of itself, the issue is collusion between Government, Global Corporations and Financial Institutions to overtly steal the wealth of the people without their knowledge as they try to "blame it on moose and squirrel". Corruption has been legislated into every corner deliberately as an avenue to steal the wealth of countries and their people.

Bravo. You hit the nail on the head. And I believe any political party who tries for office in any country with the goal of stamping this out will be the party that wins.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join