It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now is the time to keep your eyes open (Occupy Movements)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
With movements seeking to better the country for the people finally creeping into every state...I think now is the time to watch for the disinformation in regards to these movements...most of these are going to be springing up from the OccupyWallStreet movement and it is making ground in most of the states including mine...I have already signed up for the Occupy Montana Billings Event which will be october 21st and 22nd...

Just keep your eyes open as I have been seeing some odd snippets of negativity towards these movements such as "they're just trying to incite violence" or "they're attempting to install a totalitarian government"...whether it's disinformation, ignorance, or an attempt to sway people from standing up for what they believe in...I don't know...and i certainly don't believe it to be true...but if you think that what they're saying is true then I appreciate the conversation...

Let's prove the naysayers wrong and keep things peaceful the way they should be...Just thought I would speak my mind and give you all my thoughts on this as I think it's important...thanks for your time...

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by here4awhile
With movements seeking to better the country for the people finally creeping into every state...I think now is the time to watch for the disinformation in regards to these movements...most of these are going to be springing up from the OccupyWallStreet movement and it is making ground in most of the states including mine...I have already signed up for the Occupy Montana Billings Event which will be october 21st and 22nd...

Just keep your eyes open as I have been seeing some odd snippets of negativity towards these movements such as "they're just trying to incite violence" or "they're attempting to install a totalitarian government"...whether it's disinformation, ignorance, or an attempt to sway people from standing up for what they believe in...I don't know...and i certainly don't believe it to be true...but if you think that what they're saying is true then I appreciate the conversation...

Let's prove the naysayers wrong and keep things peaceful the way they should be...Just thought I would speak my mind and give you all my thoughts on this as I think it's important...thanks for your time...

Or perhaps people might just have a point of view and not actually work for the NWO or be against the movement but just have other ways of doing things. Yep I think that might also be it.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I have and will go to my local occupy this Tuesday.
My main message is corporate greed and lack of ethics.
www.occupytogether.org...

The reason for it all.

edit on 2-10-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by steveknows

that's ok...and what are these other ways?

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by here4awhile

Contact your local congressman,get involved in your local government.
Look up telephone numbers and email addresses for them.
It's a start.
Become knowledgeable of the issues and how this affects you personally.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

I was specifically asking him to be honest...but contacting local congressmen has already been done and it's always the same automated letter they send back so i'd rather be a little more active than writing or calling because those are largely ignored

I guess every little bit helps though...thx for pointing that out

edit on 3-10-2011 by here4awhile because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Exactly why we are hitting the streets!!!!!

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by shadowmyst

No,No,No!!!!!!!
No Obama!!!!!!!!!!
Bush screwed it up,Obama made it worst.
Time For Ron Paul.
Time to get business out of the pockets of politicians.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   

I could only make it 6 minutes into that video before I had to stop watching.
Sadly, I think our young are disillusioned.
"honk if you have student loans" ?
Did someone force them to take out loans or go to school?
If they had good paying jobs they wouldn't be there.
So what's the real issue for them?

I don't think they get the importance of what Kokesh was saying about the murder of Anwar Al Alawki.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   

You basically said that anyone with a different opinion to you or who might not agree must be an agent for the NWO or something. Sorry but that's just stupid.

So do you think the best thing to do is to get out there with no real message other than "we can block the streets"?

Well that is going to get the average Joe who's life is interupted on side isn't it. What is being asked for? Is there a plan other than to attract thousands pf protesters most of which won't understand or care what it's about?

Let me guess. I'm an agent and not someone who has his own opinion.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals

Sadly, I think our young are disillusioned.

I think that some are...but I think because they don't really understand the problems and would like to offer horrid solutions to those problems due to a lack of understanding and maybe a little bit of brainwashing from their parents who shove their beliefs onto them...but that type of stereotyping makes me kind of mad, maybe it's because I myself am young...our young aren't the ones who are sitting in corporate high chairs as CEO or the ones up in Washington ruining the country with a heaping pile of bureaucracy and bad policies...I hold the opinion that the younger generations are the ones who will help change this country's future for the better along with the older generations...

I hardly see how a couple interviews with obviously retarded college kids who don't even know why or what they're protesting for can really set the bar for the rest of us...and I can say that bar is pretty low considering the responses from those drones...

sorry I don't mean to rant but thanks for the convo...

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by steveknows

You basically said that anyone with a different opinion to you or who might not agree must be an agent for the NWO or something. Sorry but that's just stupid.

How about you point out exactly where I said such a thing...because I didn't and you're just trying to put words in my mouth with your assumptions...

So do you think the best thing to do is to get out there with no real message other than "we can block the streets"?

There is an obvious reason for going out to these movements and actually participating...you don't have to block the streets to get your voice heard and you're just making assumptions again...

Well that is going to get the average Joe who's life is interupted on side isn't it. What is being asked for? Is there a plan other than to attract thousands pf protesters most of which won't understand or care what it's about?

I really don't know what you're talking about because you've already made so many vague assumptions based off of nothing...I'm merely asking people to keep their eyes open for any false information and to prove it wrong is all...

It also seems to me that the people who show up to a protest typically care what it's about...

Let me guess. I'm an agent and not someone who has his own opinion.

everyone is entitled to their own opinion...whatever yours is...seems rather negative and anti-protest...you might as well just come out and say that you don't want people voicing their opinions publicly...it doesn't make you an agent...it just makes you special in your own special way I guess...

Oh you still haven't answered the question I asked...what other ways have you done anything to change the direction our country is headed...or are you happy with the direction our country is headed?

You can avoid those questions too if you'd like I really don't care...as I said before...that's ok...
edit on 3-10-2011 by here4awhile because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Another link on occupy.
occupymanifesto.proboards.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Here goes..

I'm all for freedom of speech, and people expressing their dissatisfaction with the current state of play. However, being able to see it from both angles as I sit here, it strikes me as a rather ironic situation. The movement is perpetuated by anonymous among other groups for what are stated to be peaceful intentions. Some of the goals I've heard are bordering on fantasy. The 'suggestions to occupy' strike me as anarchistic rather than peaceful protest. I'm still yet to understand why they released the names and details of one of the worlds most highly respected police forces recently. Then again they are a huge body of individuals, acting as such, as I guess any one person can commit an act and fly under the flag of Anon. Whether their motive be good or bad, this is the sticky part:

Rumours/reports of martial law forces being trained around the states, and giant camps sitting empty, so on and so on. People are seemingly paranoid about this 'impending' declaration of martial law. Well, on here anyway. Do you not see that by creating mass protests seemingly not well co-ordinated or headed, with unclear solutions to the problems being protested against, you are playing right into this alleged motive of declaring martial law? If, and it's a big if, the protests become large enough to create governmental panic, don't you think that's precisely what's needed to invoke this state?

I just don't see that large, peaceful protests are going to balance out the division of wealth and quality of life. In fact I see it tipping further against those protesting.

Of course I'll be accused of being in on it, or a dis-info agent, or the Antichrist, possibly even Elenin? But as someone else said here, if you're not agreeing with whatever the unclear motive and solution is, you're automatically part of what Zach de la Rocha sang about in the early 90's.

Have fun, though.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Sticking my neck out,

Seems to be wrong target overall as the Government is the perpetrator and enabler here. The "Justus department" has been running interference for these crooks and the Fed.

It is the Federal Government who has used OUR money to keep the crooks afloat and allowed laws or lack of legal standing to protect the bankster's from being prosecuted and jailed for the fraud committed against the people of this country.

Yawn.............Let me know when it's "Occupy Washington" by the millions then I'll sit up and take notice.

Right now I see the symptom being addressed but not the underlying disease.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by outsidethesquare

well...i'm not going to accuse you of anything other than being misinformed...it isn't spearheaded by anon or being led by anon or anything...anon has made some suggestions and released the name of a police officer who pepper sprayed some women...anon has just piggybacked themselves into the occupy movement...

as far as I'm concerned...the occupy movement is an idea...and just that...it isn't being led by any one person group or organization...

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix

I know you might think that it might be a stupid idea or whatever you may think to go out to the places in your area that are sponsoring these movements...but the more places and the more people that show up and voice their opinion...the more our voices will be heard...it will receive even more media attention and even more people will become informed on the issues at hand hopefully...that alone makes it worth it to me...

end the fed and stop corporate greed and outsourcing...

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

I can well understand peoples anger and frustrations...
but I can also see this event and other's like it making some very powerful people very nervous...

don't be all that surprised of those PTB don't enact COIN strategies... that's a polite way of saying... counterinsurgency ops BTW

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

reply to post by outsidethesquare

well...i'm not going to accuse you of anything other than being misinformed...it isn't spearheaded by anon or being led by anon or anything...anon has made some suggestions and released the name of a police officer who pepper sprayed some women...anon has just piggybacked themselves into the occupy movement...

as far as I'm concerned...the occupy movement is an idea...and just that...it isn't being led by any one person group or organization...

You just re-iterated exactly what i typed. I already said there was no clear leadership, and I also said anon was only one of the groups in the movement. You also didn't catch the incident I'm talking about regarding the details of police being released, i was talking about Austria:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

So no offence, but you didn't read my post very well, and ignored the message I was putting across. As i said already, I'm all for free speech, however I don't see this movement ending well.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join