It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Koch Brothers Flout Law Getting Richer With Secret Iran Sales

page: 1

join
share:
Ex

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Koch Brothers Flout Law Getting Richer With Secret Iran Sales

www.bloomberg.com

A Bloomberg Markets investigation has found that Koch Industries -- in addition to being involved in improper payments to win business in Africa, India and the Middle East -- has sold millions of dollars of petrochemical equipment to Iran, a country the U.S. identifies as a sponsor of global terrorism.
Internal company documents show that the company made those sales through foreign subsidiaries, thwarting a U.S. trade ban. Koch Industries units have also rigged prices with competitors, lied to regulators and repeatedly run afoul of environmental regulations, resulting in five criminal convi
(visit the link for the full news article)

Ex

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
This is the an example of the slow death of American industry.The Koch brothers skirt the law, pay fines and penalties governments impose , while making millions
or should I say billions . Their involvment with the Tea Party
makes the entire movement ,the average member just a pawn in their quest for power and wealth.
When is America going to wake up and prosecute people like these for treason?

www.bloomberg.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Sounds like Dick Cheney. He did business with Iran as the CEO of Halliburton, then suddenly decided Iran was evil when he got in the White house.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Obviously government regulations are getting in the way again!
No regulation, no questions asked.
Ron Paul 2012.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I believe this is a good view of what it looks like when man is cut down to the core of things. For some like these 'people' it's all greed with little to no humanity left as we'd know it. I really believe that about many of these Super-Rich people. They sold their soul to get there and no one should be shocked when they prove by action, there is simply nothing there.

May the first shots of any war with Iran find the Koch brothers first.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
So what?

Sanctions against Iran have proved to be a failure, no body cares. Other countries dont care, whats the deal?

Oh yeah, oooooohhhh the big scary brown man wooooooooooo

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

edit on 2-10-2011 by Rockdisjoint because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Johnze

I don't think this discussion is about Iran. Its about the Koch brothers' contempt for the law. They don't sidestep laws on high moral platitudes; just greed.

The right or wrong of sanctions is another story I think.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by wayno

Oh right so if the sanctions didnt exist there greed, if you want to call it that, is ok?

But because of some rather moraly vague sanctions there greed is not ok?

LOL

Righty ho then!

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Johnze

Get your head out of the toilet, or whatever it is that is preventing you from seeing what is written. Greed as a motivator is always wrong. Sanctions are usually wrong too; as they are often motivated by someone's (or country's) avarice as well.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by wayno

What you are seeing are those who defend Koch because they tend to be conservative. If this was Soros I guarantee the thread would be bigger and 99% of ATS would be calling for blood.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Unfortunately most people have been trained well to see everything in terms of conservatives vs liberals instead of just looking at the facts as they are. Left or right have nothing to do with it, but then the media have this all figured out and have done their job well.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
reply to post by wayno

What you are seeing are those who defend Koch because they tend to be conservative. If this was Soros I guarantee the thread would be bigger and 99% of ATS would be calling for blood.

You know I hear this drival all the time and it's just not true. I heard the same crap about Obama fans calling him the messiah. I never heard any Obama supporter calling him the messiah, only right-wing pundits saying that his supporters did. Now this time around I do hear Paul supporters claiming he is the messiah. Good luck with that one.

Koch sucks and will sell everything you believe in down the road to strengthen their hold on American politics and believe me it's quite a hold.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
reply to post by wayno

I see all of us at ATS as more along the lines of 50/50. But...

If either the Koch Bros. or Soros do things like this, and they all do through shadow front companies…they should be punished.

They are fined millions, while making billions…sounds like a good deal to me.

I think that whoever employs these types of business, their Corp. or Companies should be seized, and liquidated on the private market.

I’m sure Soros would love to get his hands on the Koch Bros. assets, and visa-versa.

Knowing what could happen could very well keep them honest. Though it would probably just move them to a different country.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex

Not surprised in the least.

Too bad Good vs Evil is no more, now it's all shade's of grey.
edit on 3-10-2011 by EspyderMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Certainly are a ton of accusations in that article. If half those were true I'd expect to see them getting shut down and sued. I mean if Obama can go after a guitar company for suspected illegal use of wood can't he take down someone actually breaking laws?

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Aparently Gibson didnt donate enough...to the right party....heheheh
The business practices of most corporations are similar to this.
I dont care how you cut it, there is very little morality to seeking profits above all other considerations.
The very basis of law needs to be redefined in a way that actually restrains these businesses from skirting laws by creating foriegn subsidiaries and other nefarious dodges.
The spirit of the law is no longer even spoken about, these days.
Though i remember that it was stressed in years gone by both in movies and at home.
There are certain advantages which these organisations have bribed and lobbied (read bribed)into existance over time.
Competition of any kind is actually stifled rather than encouraged both by goverment and industry leaders.
I think the obvious reason for this is they are the same people just interchanged once in a while....
All the time they serve one master, that is the corporate /goverment /banker,cabal.
There is a certain class of people that predominate in all camps, and they, their clonies,(forgive the pun) and their offspring, trade positions of responsibility back and forth while keeping the attainment of reaching those circles at a minimum for any others.Regardless of merrit or qualification, or even intelligence.
We need a clean break from this corruption and favouritism, A reath of fresh air would be to mandate that nobody can hold a personal fortune of over so many millions of dollars.
After that plateau is reached, the rest of the profits or earnings go to the state.
Other than that a moneyless society may be what we need to attain in the next improvement to the social contract we have with goverment and the corporations we need to control.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex

It's a lot worse than just that Iran deal...A LOT worse! That is, unless you consider high gas prices cool

And now guess who's influencing the Tea Party the most with their "interest groups" and sponsorship deals?

new topics

top topics

join