It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OFC: Obama Fried Chicken Pops Up In China...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas
reply to post by guohua

I can tell you right now, If they tried those tactics in China, They would not get very fair at all.
The Chinese would be making fun of the Rev. Al Sharpton.

No they won't change the name and Copy Rights Means Nothing!

Wasn't it China where that knockoff 'Apple' store was, recently? Or was it Japan? Nope, it was China.

mishigas, YES,, IT WAS

Copy Rights
That something you just made up,,, Mr. Round Eyes

China's iClone Cellphones, microchips, cars, even iPhones—there's virtually no high-tech Western product that China's cloners can't copy. Pretty soon, you might even prefer their work.
Source: www.popsci.com...

edit on 2-10-2011 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

cool, haven't seen that one yet.

the change talked about was that was a fish sandwich not chicken.

so that's a pretty good way to promote fish in a chicken house.

i've seen that engrish.com site, pretty funny stuff.

we call it chinglish, even my wife, who is chinese.

the problem with that stuff is doing literal translations, word for word. their sentence structure is pretty different
than english.

i have to help with translations sometimes as to not have them sounding like old HK movie subtitles.

eta; but of course you would know that.

edit on 2-10-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Obama Fried Chicken... wow. This is the greatest thing to ever happen... ever.

I want some.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

i don't have much to say about the rip off except that i'm not surprised, lol!

and it doesn't bother me at all.

it would be amusing if OFC got as big as KFC but i doubt it.

it probably will be sued for copyright infringement if it ever left china.

but KFC operates in china too. sooo, time will tell.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by RSF77
Obama Fried Chicken... wow. This is the greatest thing to ever happen... ever.

I want some.

RSF77, Well I can tell you this,,,,, I have not tried Obama Fried Chicken, But The last time we were in Beijing visiting some of my old friends, We did stop by to pickup a Bucket of KFC and the Line was Around The Corner, The Average Waiting Time Was 45 Minutes to an Hour and They had people out taking orders from customers waiting and serving us all free Sodas or Water.
Now Every One,,,,,, Close Your Eyes,,,,,, Yes, Can you see it,,,,,,,, All those Little Chinese People in the Park Eating Buckets Of Greasy KFC Chicken

edit on 2-10-2011 by guohua because: spelling

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
A typical Kentucky Fried Chicken meal in the U.S. features original, extra crispy and a Pepsi.
But in China

And what do you get at a KFC in China? Chicken with Sichuan spicy sauce and rice, egg soup, a "dragon twister" (KFC's take on a traditional Beijing duck wrap), all washed down with some soybean milk.

And Just How Popular is This Business in China?

With a new location opening its doors in China every 18 hours, few here can conceive of a world without KFC.
Source: www.cbsnews.com...
I think They have a Winner and if Obama Fried Chicken is even close to being as good

That's Money In The Bank!
Now how about: KFC China to Offer Irish Cream-Infused Chicken. America, You Snooze You Lose.

This unique item is part of the “Taste of Ireland” campaign being run by KFC China and involves “splashing” standard KFC chicken (according to the video) with Bailey’s Irish Cream, which is essentially dumbed down whiskey. Chicken and whiskey. Yum.

source:www.weirdasianews.com...

Edited to Add:

In Shanghai, Beijing, Qingdao, and Guangzhou, the phone number 4008-123-123 will connect you to English-speaking operators to take your order and coordinate delivery.

edit on 2-10-2011 by guohua because: Edited to add:

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I think it was more like Obama Fried China...or was that Orange Fried Cat-yum!

Originally posted by guohua

OFC: Obama Fried Chicken Pops Up In China...

drudgereport.com
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Is Obama abandoning his bid for a second term in the White House and is giving Colonel Sanders a run for his money by opening a chain of fried chicken joints?
Now that's change you can't really believe in.
But in Beijing, China, a restaurant is actually calling itself OFC with a logo that looks alarmingly like the President dressed in the colonel's clothes.
The Obama Fried Chicken could be a response to the U.S. filing a complaint with the World Trade Organization about Chinese tariffs on American chicken exports.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.dailymail.c o.uk
edit on Sun Oct 2 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: added link

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Ah engrish - I love it. My favorite piece of engrish is that restaurant in Beijing called Server Translate Error (google it).

That said if I could speak a language half as well as a lot of asians speak and comprehend English I would be happy.

I was messing around with some bar tenders in Yangshou (china) last year and practicing mandarin - I asked them if they could tell me where the nearest bus was and they brought me a girl. Funny stuff.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I'm not a racist but stereotyping Obama is a good thing.. the shoe fits him. I don't hate him because of the color of his skin or the race he was born into, i hate him and think he should be stereotyped for his policies. He's George Bush in disguise as well as every other president republican and democrat going back years who have been the puppets of the real shadow government.

Obama Fried Chicken. I like it. Won't eat the chicken, northerners have no clue how to make real fried chicken. bad fried chicken suits Obama well.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by guohua
reply to post by juveous

The man who caused a stir by calling his fast-food restaurant Obama Fried Chicken no longer plans to change the name, despite a growing outcry from protesters who say the name conjures up disturbing racial stereotypes.

On Monday, about 20 people, including the Rev. Al Sharpton, protested outside the restaurant, at Rutland Road and Rockaway Parkway in Brownsville, Brooklyn

Source: cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com...

No they won't change the name and Copy Rights Means Nothing!

I am sure the name Obama is not copyrighted as there must be other men in the world named Obama. It's like to Al Sharpton, the only black people in the world live in the United States. And Barack Obama is not from American blacks at all, he is from Africa. I suppose we could say Barack Obama is indeed an African-American.

Black people here are very culturally different than Africans. I am not saying this to make a racist statement, but from an Anthropological view. Black people here have a social community culture formed during slavery times. Today many still live within that expression of community because they have a sense of community that is different than Whites, Asians and Hispanics. And each Asian group of people have a different sense of community than each other.

I think Al Sharpton needs to say "Let's become the best that our community can be".

But Obama fried chicken, let people eat there and if Al Sharpton wants to address stereotypical racial images, he could perhaps criticize Uncle Ben and Aunt Jemima instead.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Great post and comical too. There is nothing racist to find here so I would be surprised if people called you that. Its just humor and advertising using a face everyone knows. I did not notice that it was an impersonator either but then I'm not an American and wasn't really looking for that either. I hate fast food with a passion, especially KFC (inhumanely slaughtered chickens) and don't eat it but their advert is good. (I'm also a vegetarian but used to eat meat plenty years ago, just to be clear). What I just don't get in a country with enough "good food" of its own is why the fast food and some of the more popular fast food is "American". Like Chinese people can't make good chicken dishes quickly? Or there are no Chinese versions of McDonalds and the like there? I'd rather have a bowl of chop suey but thats just me I guess. Good find!

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Obama Fried Chicken..

"Chicken you can believe in*"

*contents 99.99% male cow feces with chicken flavoring

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Can you handle this?

Obama Bin Lying.

Just an idea/franchise I'm Putin out there. All hail our glorious leaders...

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

Thank You For Your Reply, As I'm sure you know, Chinese people have some very Good All Vegetable Meals and Soups.
For years Meat was a Luxury that maybe you had once a month with your steamed or boiled rice and vegetables.
You asked why do Chinese like American Food,,,, Because, It's American, The Chinese Like All things American, Cars, TV's Radios, Computers and the List Goes On!
The food as a Tastes That is Very Strange and New.
We went home in 2009, Flew into Beijing to visit my brother at his work, Now, We are taking the train to my home city, 14 hours by train in the winter time. There is no Restaurant car on the train, you bring your own food or buy off the small food cart.
My husband wanted Pizza Hut Pizza, It's good that we went early to order, it was a 1 hour and 10 minute wait for our PIZZA,,,, YUP, Chinese like Pizza to!
It's American,,,,,

edit on 3-10-2011 by guohua because: spelling

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Its strange how we all (regardless of where we come from) like foreign things. I'm a Brit and hate the food they have there apart from Sunday Dinner (roast chicken). Being a vegetarian and one that doesn't really like vegetables, that is off the menu so I turned to Indian food. Plenty of herbs and spices. It has flavour, instead of say cabbage that has had the ass boiled out of it for 30 minutes and looks like soggy .

Now this is where it gets political... If Chinese like American things, and American's like Chinese things and Brits like Indian things, why do our politicians keep claiming that the communists, capitalists, hindus/muslims, etc are such a danger to each other? Food for thought. And yes, Pizza Hut Deep Pan Pizza truly rocks although when I say that to my Italian friend she almost cries.

14 hours on a train sounds like a world trip in itself. 1 hour and 10 minutes gives a whole new meaning to fast food too but I'm sure it was great nonetheless. Difference is something to be celebrated imho, just as much as the things we have in common.

Thanks for the explanation. It makes a lotta sense.
Ni hau. (Hope I spelt it right, Good Day in Chinese I have been told)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

Now this is where it gets political... If Chinese like American things, and American's like Chinese things and Brits like Indian things, why do our politicians keep claiming that the communists, capitalists, hindus/muslims, etc are such a danger to each other?

I think it all has to do with,,,, What for it,,,,,, MONEY and RELIGION! That's just my take on this.
Remember, I was Born and Raised a Communist a Maoist. I am a Buddhist. I Love America and I still eat mostly only Traditional Chinese. I Do Like Pizza
and Honey Baked Ham
and Baked Turkey
I don't like Greasy Fried things like my husband does.
I do not drink any kind of Soda, Water, Tea, Warm Milk and Boiled Corn Water for Kidney and Bladder infections. Never, Never Boil Cabbage that long,,,,,
Your Mandarin Chinese is Good.

Yes, NiHoa pronounced Knee How in English, Yes, This is Hello.
XieXie is Thank You Pronounced SheShe Thank You.
NiHoa Ma? Is How Are You? Pronounced KneeHow Ma?

edit on 5-10-2011 by guohua because: spelling

edit on 5-10-2011 by guohua because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join