It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People Rounded up Like Cattle @ NYC, Riots Imminent: Occupy Wall St Turns Sheer Police Brutality!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
The whole problem with this mess we are in IS due to wall street. There is nothing wrong with capitalism, but there is something wrong with a shell game called stocks and bonds. When this whole stock market scam was introduced, people started making money from nothing. It is nothing more than legalized gambling. It was invented so people like bankers could share in the wealth of companies that make a profit, without actually doing any work. If these "public" companies did not have stocks, they would not be paying dividends, hence more money to hire workers and less overhead. To truly fix things wall street and the whole scam needs to be dismantled. This includes the FED who supports the whole thing, they are the bookie. Outlaw the stock market and let companies fail or succeed on their own merit and income. Stop allowing then to steal peoples money by promising an income from nothing but odds speculation!

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Directed @ User: Nuttin4U

Newsflash: business owners have to do what's best for their business....NOT YOURS! It's nothing personal...it's just business! The real problem is this: people have been FOOLISH with their lives, and now....it's biting them in the ass!!! Perhaps people should stop blaming OTHERS for their woe's. (His words)

Corporations don't have to stay in a place, that is SUCKING THEM DRY. Face it.....the rest of the people in this world...work for pennies on the dollar, and put in 16 hour days...while Americans sit on their FAT LAZY ASSES and do nothing...while making tons of money. - (His words)

Yeah right.. Americans are sucking corporations dry, that's how it always works or they realized they could get cheap labour off the bat in a poorer country and sell everything more expensive over in a richer country. if Americans are sitting on there fat lazy asses and doing nothing while making tons of money I think you need to reevaluate yourself because this "Tons of money" might actually be a lot of money to a third world country but to an American citizen who is getting say 250 dollars a month sitting on his ass on benefits because he can't get a job due to whatever reason.. has to pay how much out in expense leaving them with possibly little left to survive till they get there next payment hence they are in a constantly battle of poverty because the government said "You can live on this amount"

Sounds to me...like the scales are being balanced. The reason why these corporations have left...is because Americans are way too expensive and demanding to keep. -

If americans are too expensive and demanding to keep, then why does the majority of products that come to the country i.e clothes come from sweatshops and are made for less money than they are sold, does the American people deiced on the prices that products go out? .. No that's the government jobs.

They actually sue their employer because they got 29 minutes for lunch...and not a full 30....like the law says. They use ANY excuse to make a quick buck. Now, you tell me....who's right and who's wrong?! -

Who wouldn't do anything to make a quick buck these days? It's all about money if you have money you have power, if you had say 5 million in your bank you could live off it for the rest of your life.

Do you believe that life is just work 9 till 5 every day of your life, until the end of your days and your locked up in a home because no one has time for anyone because they are all too busy and too involved in there materialistic life to give a dam about that.

How do you feel that corporations are holding your body against you, you need food, so you have to pay for food, you need shelter and you have to pay for your shelter, you need clothes so you have to pay for clothes, it works both ways. You are their little worker drone for some guy sitting in an office you've never met before making him more money and hes avoiding tax but guess what.. your not. You go lick their bum holes and see how far you get when it comes to an economical crises because it wasn't us that put every country in the world in debt, it was them and your just another one of there close minded followers.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by kellynap43
Must be nice to spend all day protesting for weeks. I for one have to work for a living and dont have the luxury to stand out on a street and do nothing all day long.

The reason they are protesting is because...they don't have a luxury of employment.
Your not keeping up, are you

Must be nice to spend all day posting on ATS instead of doing your job while at work though..some don't have the luxury to sit at work getting paid to mess around on ATS being condescending towards those whom don't have as good employment.

See how that works? Now, would you like to add something to the convo, or just voice your self proclaimed superiority over an entire group of people?

Hate to break it to you but this is my scheduled time off, not at work, at home enjoying some free time to myself with a nice cup of coffee. That is what happens when you start at a entry level position, work hard, are promoted 4 times and receive paid time off.

As far as jobs. There are jobs. Just ones that dont pay 75,000 dollars a year your first year. I have an easy solution. Find a job, any job, work hard and see where it takes you. Its more productive and more respectful than crying on the streetside all day long.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by haarvik
The whole problem with this mess we are in IS due to wall street. There is nothing wrong with capitalism, but there is something wrong with a shell game called stocks and bonds. When this whole stock market scam was introduced, people started making money from nothing. It is nothing more than legalized gambling. It was invented so people like bankers could share in the wealth of companies that make a profit, without actually doing any work. If these "public" companies did not have stocks, they would not be paying dividends, hence more money to hire workers and less overhead. To truly fix things wall street and the whole scam needs to be dismantled. This includes the FED who supports the whole thing, they are the bookie. Outlaw the stock market and let companies fail or succeed on their own merit and income. Stop allowing then to steal peoples money by promising an income from nothing but odds speculation!

I could not agree more.
It amazes me that these parasites operate by "short selling" stocks/shares they feel might fall in value, and profiting from this - as you say - they have not performed a service, created a good, nothing of value has been done by these leeches yet they supposedly generate income for themselves.
All made up money from legal gambling.
Great post indeed.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by havenvideo

Originally posted by stereotype
Why isn't occupy wall street bring questioned?

Oh thats right, we've been being led this path with all the other countries doing it. The american dream is not dead just the american work ethic.

You REALLY think this is about people not wanting to work anymore?

Do you not realize that one of the main points of this protest is about corporations TAKING JOBS FROM AMERICANS AND SENDING THEM OVERSEAS?

THIS IS THE OPPOSITE OF THE DRIBBLE YOU ARE SPEWING! Do you honestly not realize that? Do a little research before you "stereotype".

As far as I'm concerned, these people are working their asses off to ensure that all Americans get back their right to make a living.
edit on 2-10-2011 by havenvideo because: (no reason given)

Hi, just wondering, where did anyone get a right to make a living and why would people in America have that more than people in any other country?

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Must be nice to spend all day protesting for weeks. I for one have to work for a living and dont have the luxury to stand out on a street and do nothing all day long.

The reason they are protesting is because...they don't have a luxury of employment.
Your not keeping up, are you

Must be nice to spend all day posting on ATS instead of doing your job while at work though..some don't have the luxury to sit at work getting paid to mess around on ATS being condescending towards those whom don't have as good employment.

See how that works? Now, would you like to add something to the convo, or just voice your self proclaimed superiority over an entire group of people?

Hate to break it to you but this is my scheduled time off, not at work, at home enjoying some free time to myself with a nice cup of coffee. That is what happens when you start at a entry level position, work hard, are promoted 4 times and receive paid time off.

As far as jobs. There are jobs. Just ones that dont pay 75,000 dollars a year your first year. I have an easy solution. Find a job, any job, work hard and see where it takes you. Its more productive and more respectful than crying on the streetside all day long.

Great, that sounds good for you. Glad all has worked out. But that doesn't work for many, many out there that followed that plan, then got poured down the drain like a stale pot of coffee, no appreciation, or even notice of the hard work or sacrifice they made to the company, all because the stock owners of Wall Street wanted the profit margins to be a little higher....that's the real world............

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by RoyalBlue

We can always make excuses and rationalize are failures. That is a human trait. However it does not better us for the future. There are solutions, there are opportunities. Not always easy to obtain, and my heart goes out for most of them who are searching and trying the hardest they can.

Life, liberty and pursuit of happiness. When this country was created, no one said that there is a guarantee for happiness, only the pursuit......

Star, Good post.

edit on 3-10-2011 by kellynap43 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

If these public companies did not go public, yes, they would not have to pay dividends, but they wouldn't have any more money to hire or do other things as you suggest.

I don't understand why you say money is made from nothing. It is made by investment of the dollars you spend on your stocks. If by going public a company is able to break into a new market, the dividends you are paid are a direct result of profit on your original investment. It's not fake or free money. It's real money made from real profits.

Companies go public to generate revenue to re-invest in their own company or corporation. So this is in fact the opposite of what you suggest. If confidence in a company is high, people will buy stocks. This allows a company to grow. Without going public, a company has to rely on it's own revenue or new investments from owners or partners. Stocks are simply a way of people buying in.

It may be gambling in a way, but if a person is educated, much of the gamble is removed. I have done quite well on the stock markets.

edit on 3-10-2011 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by nightbringr

I disagree. Prior to wall street and stocks, businesses did quite well. It's a sham so those who do not wish to engage in direct labor or in ownership of a business directly to profit from anothers work. If a business makes a product people want, then they sell more and then can re-invest those profits back into the business to grow it more. Stocks are simply a vehicle for the greedy to skim money from a business when they had no direct effect on the end product. Ban stocks and bonds, money markets and all the derivatives that come from this scam and free market capitalism can flourish as it was meant to. There would be more jobs due to business owners actually controlling their business instead of fat cat bankers who elect their friends to corporate boards without regard to the effects their greedy decisions have on their workers who produce the products. Get rid of board of directors and let business owners run their businesses.

Sorry, but even though I own stocks, and 401k, I still believe it is a corrupt scam that allows those who have less than scrupulous tendencies screw the rest of us. Think about it. Some guy who sits in a office gets paid $50-$100k or more whether your stocks make money or completely devalue. They do not go broke when the market tanks, but everyone else does. And they are usually the ones who cause it to begin with!

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

I disagree. Prior to wall street and stocks, businesses did quite well. It's a sham so those who do not wish to engage in direct labor or in ownership of a business directly to profit from anothers work. If a business makes a product people want, then they sell more and then can re-invest those profits back into the business to grow it more. Stocks are simply a vehicle for the greedy to skim money from a business when they had no direct effect on the end product. Ban stocks and bonds, money markets and all the derivatives that come from this scam and free market capitalism can flourish as it was meant to. There would be more jobs due to business owners actually controlling their business instead of fat cat bankers who elect their friends to corporate boards without regard to the effects their greedy decisions have on their workers who produce the products. Get rid of board of directors and let business owners run their businesses.

Sorry, but even though I own stocks, and 401k, I still believe it is a corrupt scam that allows those who have less than scrupulous tendencies screw the rest of us. Think about it. Some guy who sits in a office gets paid $50-$100k or more whether your stocks make money or completely devalue. They do not go broke when the market tanks, but everyone else does. And they are usually the ones who cause it to begin with!

If you think it is all a corrupt scam, why do you buy into it? I would think if you feel so strongly about this matter, you would refuse to feed the beast.

It's easy to take a stand against somthing, but somthing else entirely to do something about it. Not to be rude, but I'd respect your opinion a lot more if you lived the way you preach.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   

I bought into it before I realized what a scam it was. I have these stocks until I can get rid of them for what I bought them for, then I'm out. Not even looking to make anything off of them. As for 401k, my job provides it I do not contribute, they do.

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join