It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it illegal for 11 year olds to protest?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I was watching a live feed of the protest in wall street and saw the cops pull out a 11 year old girl and arrest her.

www.livestream.com...

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by 8ILlBILl8
I was watching a live feed of the protest in wall street and saw the cops pull out a 11 year old girl and arrest her.

www.livestream.com...

Any sources to verify that? And how did you know she was 11 years old? Thanks

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I don't think so, at 11 years old I looked like I was sixteen/seventeenish, how did you know how old the girl was? I lived next to a kid that was 11 and he was 175 metres.........so how do you know if she was 11? Can you verify ?
edit on 1-10-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I don't think it is illegal, but come on 11 years old protesting for what? If your going to protest you should have some knowledge of adult life. 11 year old kids don't pay rent, or have to deal with bills or anything of that matter. Honestly when you become 21 that is when you become a real adult, because you know more of the adult life after 18 which is joining the military or going to college, and working jobs to pay for college tuition. I don't agree that kids should be protesting because, it's putting the wrong idea in their young minds.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by 8ILlBILl8

Really? They arrested an 11 year old? Then how's does the WBC get away with letting children protest their hate?

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by KonquestAbySS
I don't think it is illegal, but come on 11 years old protesting for what? If your going to protest you should have some knowledge of adult life. 11 year old kids don't pay rent, or have to deal with bills or anything of that matter. Honestly when you become 21 that is when you become a real adult, because you know more of the adult life after 18 which is joining the military or going to college, and working jobs to pay for college tuition. I don't agree that kids should be protesting because, it's putting the wrong idea in their young minds.

Sweetheart,everybody should be protesting. Sad to say, mostly because we all have to live in this country. Little by little our freedoms are getting restricted.Our money is being stolen, if the kid's parent isn't out there, trying to get some of our freedom back. Why can't the kid be? If the parent is poor the child is poor.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
wreck-less endangerment? for the parents maybe, bringing a kid to a place where the cops may mace them? Maybe the Cop was removing the child so they could mace freely with out the bad press of macing a kid.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heartisblack

Sweetheart,everybody should be protesting. Sad to say, mostly because we all have to live in this country. Little by little our freedoms are getting restricted.Our money is being stolen, if the kid's parent isn't out there, trying to get some of our freedom back. Why can't the kid be? If the parent is poor the child is poor.

I think the child will barely comprehend the reality of the situation at 11 years old. Like the WBC, im sure alot of kids that are there are only there because of mommy or daddy and not because they feel in their hearts they are standing up for their rights. I think most children think of their rights as access to their toys and allowed to go out and play if their homework is done.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
They are showing it right now. They keep playing it back. Their is no doubt she is around 11 just by the stuff she is wearing. She is in middle school.
edit on 1-10-2011 by 8ILlBILl8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Heartisblack

Then allowing them to protest is like strapping a bomb to their body, and say go do that because that is what you believe is right. That is no different from other heinous things kids do internationally whether they fight in militias or become suicide bombers... If a child cannot grasp the concept of common sense then why is it worth something fighting for? Protesting is fighting, but without the hostility.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

reply to post by Heartisblack

Then allowing them to protest is like strapping a bomb to their body, and say go do that because that is what you believe is right. That is no different from other heinous things kids do internationally whether they fight in militias or become suicide bombers... If a child cannot grasp the concept of common sense then why is it worth something fighting for? Protesting is fighting, but without the hostility.

Wow I cannot believe you just said that. A child cant grasp concepts of common sense? Ha I was a activist at age 11, knew the in and outs of the 9/11 conspiracy, I could see the corrupt government and had a fire inside me just as every one of these protestors do.

Their was no reason at all to arrest that girl. She was well with in her rights to be their. She has every right FIGHT YES FIGHT for her rights just as you do. Just because she is under age does not mean she should be striped of her rights.
edit on 1-10-2011 by 8ILlBILl8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

I would love to see the 11 year old in a Q and A without parental guidance on why she would be protesting and what she hopes to see come of it, and why she feels she is obligated to do so. Simple questions for an adult and I would like to see a child answer them with the same comprehension.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

If you think that way then why don't we just lower the age limit of military personnel to 11? That's what I thought! Yes granted some adults don't grasp the concept of common sense and they are known as immature or ignorant. If little kids start evolving into a mindset that they are militant then its basically like a Clockwork Orange scenario...

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
My Junior High School closed when I was 11 for protests against the Viet Nam War. I participated, and my parents knew I had the day off to do so.

While I might have seemed a bit premature in doing so, my brother was an activist in San Fransisco for the SDS, we were already having the FBI at our neighbors door, and our own......what can I say??

It pissed me off to receive gifts from my brother already opened, even at that age. Being spied on, because our phones were tapped! We were the loonies in the neighborhood, because my brother got a draft deferment to stay in school.

If it happened then, it is most surely happening now. Nobody can escape scrutiny, even an 11 year old!

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

If you think that way then why don't we just lower the age limit of military personnel to 11? That's what I thought! Yes granted some adults don't grasp the concept of common sense and they are known as immature or ignorant. If little kids start evolving into a mindset that they are militant then its basically like a Clockwork Orange scenario...

Protesting and killing are not the same thing.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

i dont think its illegal for anyone to protest as long as its a peaceful protest

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

I guess your not grasping my concept. Peaceful or not what does a 11 year old have to do with the protesting that is going on now? They should be starting from a clean slate not something that is passed down from an experienced person to someone who isn't as experienced. If your all for mind control on the youth then best of luck on your behalf...

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

I guess your not grasping my concept. Peaceful or not what does a 11 year old have to do with the protesting that is going on now? They should be starting from a clean slate not something that is passed down from an experienced person to someone who isn't as experienced. If your all for mind control on the youth then best of luck on your behalf...

Do you know why she is their? NO she is their for her own reasons. Do you think she deserves to be a arrested? ITS NOW, its her future just as much as it is yours.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

I think we still need to establish that there was an 11 year old there who was arrested.
edit on 1-10-2011 by topherman420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Do you know why she is their? NO she is their for her own reasons.

No she is probably there for the WRONG reasons trying to fit in with the crowd because it's a trend now days. Trying to act adult when your not is the WRONG reason. Which is why kids aren't allowed to do things that adults do like drink alcohol and gamble!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join