It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA, DARPA possibly building interstellar starship.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
NASA and DARPA teamed up on a $1 million project called the 100-Year Starship Study, which consists in develop an interstellar spaceship:

Warp drives. Artificial gravity. Terraforming planets. These concepts might sound as though they're ripped from the pages of science fiction, but they're the topic of serious scientific presentations at a symposium this weekend sponsored by the Pentagon's think tank.

Called the 100-Year Starship Symposium, the public event runs Friday through Sunday in Orlando, Fla. For three days, scientists from universities, NASA centers and private institutions will discuss far-out ideas for building a spaceship to visit another star(...)

"Neither DARPA nor NASA are actually building a 100-Year Starship," DARPA officials wrote. "We are planting seeds for an organization. Consequently we are not taking starship crew applications at the present time.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

They say they are NOT building the spaceship, only "planting seeds" for the future... Well, I guess when they say it, is because they ARE building it or already have. So I wonder what are the odds of extraterrestrial intelligences allow Americans carrying weapons for another solar system??

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
meh.more interested in what lockheed does with them trillions.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

A whole million? Man... they're really breaking the bank in the R&D department. I'm more interested in the missing trillions, and what they're funding.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

$1 million on the starship market will probably get you a 1:18 scale model millennium falcon

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Garkiniss

Probably the 1,000,000 year generational starship headed...nowhere in particular.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
They won't build it..someone else will and they'll possibly give him a job as an adviser..

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha....HA! MSMBC reporting on a starship is like an earthworm developing free energy, LOL!

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I bet they already did this back in the 60's and are just seeing what the public thinks so they can compare and laugh about it because they have already done it and surpassed it.

Starship - check
Warpdrive - check
Antigravity - check
Terraform - still working on that one, but we need to hurry because we need a place to hide when the people learn to open their eyes...
edit on 1-10-2011 by SmArTbEaTz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
It's being discussed here;
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Duplicate Thread closed.

top topics

join