It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Morality Of Saving People From Hell

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ashira
I knew that stealing, killing, lying and the like was wrong because it made me feel bad.

It is socially unacceptable.

Knowing wrong behavior has nothing to do with god.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

I knew that stealing, killing, lying and the like was wrong because it made me feel bad.

When I was 10 or 11(I might have been Younger) my friend and a group of kids outside were in a group throwing little rocks and sticks and things at a little bird that couldn't fly for some reason, it was just walking around, the bird fell down after someone threw a big rock at it but it was still alive, someone coxed me into picking up a big cinder block and throwing at the bird crushing it, I wanted to be a part of the group so I did..... I looked at the bird, it looked like it's brains were spilling out, I felt horrible, I didn't have the right, I felt like crying(but I didn't because they were watching) and I felt like puking at the same time, I just stared at it, the next thing I knew I felt someone tapping me on the shoulder so I turned around and my "friend" shot me in the face with one of those plastic pellet toy shotguns and he was laughing, I started to cry and I ran away while they all laughed.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   

It has everything to do with God. God created everything. God created good and bad, science, and even atheists.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder

It has everything to do with God. God created everything. God created good and bad, science, and even atheists.

YOUR Belief.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   

When I was 10 or 11(I might have been Younger) my friend and a group of kids outside were in a group throwing little rocks and sticks and things at a little bird that couldn't fly for some reason, it was just walking around, the bird fell down after someone threw a big rock at it but it was still alive, someone coxed me into picking up a big cinder block and throwing at the bird crushing it, I wanted to be a part of the group so I did..... I looked at the bird, it looked like it's brains were spilling out, I felt horrible, I didn't have the right, I felt like crying(but I didn't because they were watching) and I felt like puking at the same time, I just stared at it, the next thing I knew I felt someone tapping me on the shoulder so I turned around and my "friend" shot me in the face with one of those plastic pellet toy shotguns and he was laughing, I started to cry and I ran away while they all laughed.

Sorry - - not really getting your point from that story.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Sorry - - not really getting your point from that story.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Ashira

Flyleaf is a Christian band. Please stop responding to me with Christian propaganda.

Humans are not clones - - and neither are animals - who also show varied personalities (even in the wild) - - from shy - to aggressive.

We are all individual mixed soup. We are as we were born from how the "soup" was mixed.

I wanted to commit suicide when I was 9. I wanted to return to God because he loved me unconditionally and no one else did. I could not relate to this world and wanted peace. Today I know (or suspect) I'm probably on the Autism spectrum. With determination I worked through it.

People are as they were born - - - its just how my individual wiring is.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

I wanted to commit suicide when I was 9. I wanted to return to God because he loved me unconditionally and no one else did. I could not relate to this world and wanted peace. Today I know (or suspect) I'm probably on the Autism spectrum. With determination I worked through it.

Spoken like a true hypocritical atheist.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

in all fairness.. annee had stated that she came from a religious background, and after studying it long and hard decided that it seemed false to her..so i don't see how that is being hypocritical..

Now when you say things like this..

followed by laughing.. it can appear that you maybe are the hypocritical one... no?

be careful in your attempts to show that there is a God and he is love, that you don't come off as vindictive, and just arguing for arguments sake..

edit on 8-10-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Replied back like a true hypocritical Christian.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

I don't get your point.

I've stated more then once I was raised Christian. As a child I very much believed.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by novastrike81

Replied back like a true hypocritical Christian.

Maybe he's just a jerk.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

Thank you gabby.

I do try to be sincere and very straight forward.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

reply to post by gabby2011

Thank you gabby.

I do try to be sincere and very straight forward.

You come across as sincere and straightforward to me, and I do believe you have your views because of experience,and wisdom gained through it, as well as studying, and looking for truth.

I am still on a path of trying to understand what is truth, and may never truly "find" it, or fully comprehend it, within my years on this planet.

I wish everyone success, when they sincerely look for answers to the mysteries of life.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   

reply to post by Ashira

Flyleaf is a Christian band. Please stop responding to me with Christian propaganda.

Humans are not clones - - and neither are animals - who also show varied personalities (even in the wild) - - from shy - to aggressive.

We are all individual mixed soup. We are as we were born from how the "soup" was mixed.

People are as they were born - - - its just how my individual wiring is.

Lyrics:

Amy says she's all alone
Says the world doesn't even know
About the pain she hides inside
Says happiness is just a lie
Smell the roses, throw them down
Just whisper, don't make a sound
Don't want the world to know the truth
You've been broken and abused...by you

And Amy says
"I see you laughing at the rain that hits your face
With your arms stretched open soaking in the love
In a world I find so hard you find so beautiful
There's a hope in you deep inside for me."

The colors of her mind
Bleed into each other
And as the morning melts the night
And the stars enchant another
While her eyes are still held shut
She can hear you breathing softly
Your words echo in her mind
And your words are clear
And she knows that you are here
You are here

I see her laughing at the rain that hits her face
With her arms stretched open soaking in the love
In a world she found so hard she finds so beautiful
There's a hope in her deep inside from you

I see her laughing at the rain that hits her face
With her arms stretched open soaking in the love
In a world she found so hard she finds so beautiful
There's a hope in her deep inside from you

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Ashira

Thank you. Those are very lovely words. Can't say I'm impressed by the singing.

And just so you know I'm not hard core - - I do like the song: "Mary Did You Know" (its a beautiful song)

My music of choice is Electronica/Ambient.

But Please - - no more videos as an argument.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

edit on 9-10-2011 by redstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011

I am still on a path of trying to understand what is truth, and may never truly "find" it, or fully comprehend it, within my years on this planet.

Man desires to be happy; it is in his nature so to do. Only he has not obtained complete happiness, and that this happiness, but for which result progress would have no object; for where would be the value of progress for him if it did not improve his position?

But when he shall have obtained all the enjoyments that can be afforded by intellectual progress, he will perceive that he has not obtained complete happiness, and that this happiness is impossible without security in the social relations; and as he can only obtain this security through the moral progress of society in general, he will be led, by the force of things, to labor for that end, to the attainment of which, Spiritism will furnish him with the most effectual means.

edit on 9-10-2011 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

You have some very good posts. I would say, it depends on the choices of how to progress, for there were always two ways, not just one, and also on if this is Scarsity Theory/Kabbala type info, for there is more than this, and the fastest way was always, unity. Overcoming war and starvation, and living like a caring united family, respecting both freedom, no forcing, and sharing, equality equally, without pyramids, but inverting them, would have been an extremely fast level one obtained. The curtain would have lifted in no time.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Why do you post such a sarcastic comment in reply to someone who posted something very personal?

new topics

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40 >>

join