It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Morality Of Saving People From Hell

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by FloatingGhost
I'm sorry that was mean and had nothing to do with anything....I'm leaving...but still snickering to myself.

You mean when intentionally coloured Saint Aug. in orange to signify his quote?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder
reply to post by Annee

I love your cat.

Very cute.

But I have Chihuahuas. Can you find a mystic Chi?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

The transformation of the human race has been predicted from the most ancient times, and you are now approaching the period when it is destined to take place. All those among you who are laboring to advance the progress of mankind are helping to hasten this transformation, which will be effected through the incarnation, in your earth, of spirits of higher degree, who will constitute a new population, of greater moral advancement than the human races they will gradually have replaced.

The spirits of the wicked people who are mowed down each day by death, and of all who endeavor to arrest the onward movement, will be excluded from the earth, and compelled to incarnate themselves elsewhere; for they would be out of place among those nobler races of human beings, whose felicity would be impaired by their presence among them.

They will be sent into never worlds, less advanced than the earth, and will therein fulfill hard and laborious missions, which will furnish them with the means of advancing, while contributing also to the advancement of their brethren of those younger worlds, less advanced than themselves.

info
edit on 6-10-2011 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

Every person and creature that every was born on the earth will be in new transformed world, ALL WILL. Those who have still to face healing or consequences, whatever perspective one has, mine is healing, will also be returned to the new earth and choices given to them as well. There is no one less equal or worthy, though there are acts less equal and worthy.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

reply to post by Annee

I love your cat.

Very cute.

But I have Chihuahuas. Can you find a mystic Chi?

Come on .... say it!
edit on 7-10-2011 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I have said it once and I will say it again

Christians are the worse advertisement for Christianity possible
The thought of having to spend all eternity in the company of the true believers ™ is very unappealing

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by racasan
reply to post by Annee

I have said it once and I will say it again

Christians are the worse advertisement for Christianity possible
The thought of having to spend all eternity in the company of the true believers ™ is very unappealing

That is kind of true.

Those I've met that I can say truly "Walked in his Footsteps" - - I can count on one hand.

I remember going to Catholic church with my gramma. She tried to make me Catholic. I was only 5. But I do remember the people as very rude. There was zero compassion - - but a lot of pettiness. Also the rituals were so unnecessary. I remember asking my gramma "does God really need all this"?

I am serious when I say Mormon's are the closest I've ever experienced in a Christian religion - - that actually come close to how Christians should be.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Come on .... say it!

Very cute.

They may be small - - but they sure have attitude.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tresker

If there is a creator out there forcing us to believe in any religion, why have we got numerous religions to ‘choose’ from? Seems like a human thing, made up over time to explain existence. I don’t buy any of it.

Have you ever considered that you are correct? God is not interested in religion or dogma. If you were God you would want some way for people to know you are real. All estimates for the number of bibles printed are in the billions. No other religious or non religious book can make this claim. It continue to be the most published book in the world every year. Maybe God is not telling you to choose a religion but he may be hinting at the book you should read. The numbers are staggering, sounds like something a loving God might do for his creation.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
7l.k
Evil can't enter into the Lord God's kingdom, evil is blind and deaf because they don't want to see the light and hear the Word, they are willingly ignorant.

1The same day went Jesus out of the house, and sat by the sea side.

2And great multitudes were gathered together unto him, so that he went into a ship, and sat; and the whole multitude stood on the shore.

3And he spake many things unto them in parables, saying, Behold, a sower went forth to sow;

4And when he sowed, some seeds fell by the way side, and the fowls came and devoured them up:

5Some fell upon stony places, where they had not much earth: and forthwith they sprung up, because they had no deepness of earth:

6And when the sun was up, they were scorched; and because they had no root, they withered away.

7And some fell among thorns; and the thorns sprung up, and choked them:

8But other fell into good ground, and brought forth fruit, some an hundredfold, some sixtyfold, some thirtyfold.

9Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

10And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?

11He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.

12For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath.

13Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.

14And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:

15For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

16But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear.

Matthew 13

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ashira
7l.k
Evil can't enter into the Lord God's kingdom, evil is blind and deaf because they don't want to see the light and hear the Word, they are willingly ignorant.

YOUR Belief.

I really hate when people debate Atheists with bible verses and videos of Jesus belief.

Is there really any point?

I hear a noise. Oh wait! It's nonsense blowing in the wind.
edit on 7-10-2011 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

7l.k

YOUR Belief.

I really hate when people debate Atheists with bible verses and videos of Jesus belief.

Is there really any point?

I hear a noise. Oh wait! It's nonsense blowing in the wind.
edit on 7-10-2011 by Annee because: (no reason given)

Ok, I'll explain it this way: When the body dies the energy of that person returns to it's source like a magnet, good energy is attracted and collected at the pool of good energy, evil energy is attracted and collected at the pool of evil energy, the energy is a sentient being with a mind, will and emotions that it has developed during the time it has spent in the body on the earth.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Ok, I'll explain it this way: When the body dies the energy of that person returns to it's source like a magnet, good energy is attracted and collected at the pool of good energy, evil energy is attracted and collected at the pool of evil energy, the energy is a sentient being with a mind, will and emotions that it has developed during the time it has spent in the body on the earth.

A wee bit confusing.

What exactly is evil?

Someone has both evil and good energy - - which is separated after physical death - - and divided into 2 separate holding containers?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

A wee bit confusing.

What exactly is evil?

Someone has both evil and good energy - - which is separated after physical death - - and divided into 2 separate holding containers?

You must keep the 10 commandments perfectly or go through someone who has, the 10 commandments are laws of physics. Anyone that can't perfectly follow the 10 commandments is evil, thats why You have to go through the one people call Jesus Christ(Yeshua means salvation), Yeshua will make You clean.
edit on 7-10-2011 by Ashira because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

A wee bit confusing.

What exactly is evil?

You must keep the 10 commandments perfectly or go through someone who has, the 10 commandments are laws of physics. Anyone that can't perfectly follow the 10 commandments is evil, thats why You have to go through the one people call Jesus Christ(Yeshua means salvation), Yeshua will make You clean.

You mean these 10 commandments from Solon the Athenian. Solon was born, we believe, around 638 B.C.E., and lived until approximately 558, but the date in his life of greatest importance to us is the year he was elected to create a constitution for Athens, 594 B.C.E

Let us now turn to the Ten Commandments of Solon (Diogenes Laertius, Lives of Eminent Philosophers, 1.60), which run as follows:

1. Trust good character more than promises.
2. Do not speak falsely.
3. Do good things.
4. Do not be hasty in making friends, but do not abandon them once made.
5. Learn to obey before you command.
6. When giving advice, do not recommend what is most pleasing, but what is most useful.
7. Make reason your supreme commander.
8. Do not associate with people who do bad things.
9. Honor the gods.
10. Have regard for your parents.

I keep hearing this chant, variously phrased: "The Ten Commandments are the foundation of Western morality and the American Constitution and government." In saying this, people are essentially crediting Moses with the invention of ethics, democracy and civil rights, a claim that is of course absurd. But its absurdity is eclipsed by its injustice, for there is another lawmaker who is far more important to us, whose ideas and actions lie far more at the foundation of American government, and whose own Ten Commandments were distributed at large and influencing the greatest civilizations of the West--Greece and Rome--for well over half a millennia before the laws of Moses were anything near a universal social influence. In fact, by the time the Ten Commandments of Moses had any real chance of being the foundation of anything in Western society, democracy and civil rights had all but died out, never to rise again until the ideals of our true hero, the real man to whom we owe all reverence, were rediscovered and implemented in what we now call "modern democratic principles."

www.freerepublic.com...

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

A wee bit confusing.

What exactly is evil?

You mean these 10 commandments from Solon the Athenian. Solon was born, we believe, around 638 B.C.E., and lived until approximately 558, but the date in his life of greatest importance to us is the year he was elected to create a constitution for Athens, 594 B.C.E

Let us now turn to the Ten Commandments of Solon (Diogenes Laertius, Lives of Eminent Philosophers, 1.60), which run as follows:

1. Trust good character more than promises.
2. Do not speak falsely.
3. Do good things.
4. Do not be hasty in making friends, but do not abandon them once made.
5. Learn to obey before you command.
6. When giving advice, do not recommend what is most pleasing, but what is most useful.
7. Make reason your supreme commander.
8. Do not associate with people who do bad things.
9. Honor the gods.
10. Have regard for your parents.

I keep hearing this chant, variously phrased: "The Ten Commandments are the foundation of Western morality and the American Constitution and government." In saying this, people are essentially crediting Moses with the invention of ethics, democracy and civil rights, a claim that is of course absurd. But its absurdity is eclipsed by its injustice, for there is another lawmaker who is far more important to us, whose ideas and actions lie far more at the foundation of American government, and whose own Ten Commandments were distributed at large and influencing the greatest civilizations of the West--Greece and Rome--for well over half a millennia before the laws of Moses were anything near a universal social influence. In fact, by the time the Ten Commandments of Moses had any real chance of being the foundation of anything in Western society, democracy and civil rights had all but died out, never to rise again until the ideals of our true hero, the real man to whom we owe all reverence, were rediscovered and implemented in what we now call "modern democratic principles."

www.freerepublic.com...

No, the 10 commandments that has been written on man's heart since the creation that the Lord God brought back to the remembrance of Moses on tablets at Mount Sinai.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

No, the 10 commandments that has been written on man's heart since the creation that the Lord God brought back to the remembrance of Moses on tablets at Mount Sinai.

Yeah Right!

Back to YOUR belief.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Yeah Right!

Back to YOUR belief.

People instinctively know not to break any of the 10 commandments(outlined in the Torah) without ever having been told about them, guilt will tell You if You've broken one and joy will tell You if You've kept one.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

People instinctively know not to break any of the 10 commandments(outlined in the Torah) without ever having been told about them, guilt will tell You if You've broken one and joy will tell You if You've kept one.

Really?

When have you not been Christian and known about the Moses 10 commandments.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Really?

When have you not been Christian and known about the Moses 10 commandments.

I've just recently been born again but I had a Christian experience when I was 13, before 13 I didn't even consider Christ and I knew that stealing, killing, lying and the like was wrong because it made me feel bad.

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40 >>

join