It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Banks - Screw Them!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
It's not only your BoA which charges $60/year for using a debit card.

Actually, your banking fees in the states are ridiculously LOW compared to banks here in Europe.

I am with an European bank which charges me about

EU (Euro!) 40 each quarter JUST FOR USING their fricking bank, debit card etc.
If i take money from an ATM here in Spain (from another bank since my bank doesnt have a branch in Spain) i have to pay EU5 *each time* i take money from the ATM.

If we cash an international check i pay OUT OF THE *** on fees just for cashing the check on my bank...in addition to the already horrible fees i pay each 3 months...for literally nothing!

So...what you get in exchange for paying those insane fees?

NOTHING! I don't even have a courtesy overdraft allowance or something - i thought by getting a business account and paying EU40 each 3 months i at least have some overdraft allowance...but NADA.

In other words: Here in EU you pay out of the *** for literally NOTHING and for horrible service...if you cash an international check it takes a month to clear etc...

So...your $60 per year fees are nothing because ALL/MOST of the banks are raping us left and right!

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Have no fear, for the economy is going to fail hard pretty soon.

edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique
Have no fear, for the economy is going to fail hard pretty soon.

edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

fingers crossed. that day cant come soon enough

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I left banks behind. I deal strictly in cash or precious metals. When a customer requests my service I inform them upfront that I deal strictly in cash. I have lost very little business with this policy. If you must cash a check, do so at wally world, it is only $3. When I used to accept checks, I told those customers that there would be a service charge for accepting checks. Most customers then requested a "cash price" which I happily negotiated with them.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Burn the banks, and have nooses and boiling oil prepared for the rats that scatter out of them!!

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I stopped using banks 3 years ago and have never been better. F the BANKS. If everyone stopped paying them and the IRS and the Feds, life would be better here because they would actually start doing as we want not as they want. To bad most people are too chicken @#$!

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Start your own bank then, or find a bank that treats you nice.

You're the consumer here..... so you kinda have all the power.

new topics

top topics

join