It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bank of America to charge $5 monthly debit card fee

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
well now it looks like I'm gonna switch banks this year after all...choosing BoA was one of the worst decisions I ever made.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
If you use bank of america you deserve to be charged 10000 dollars a week.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
BoA isn't the only one. I just returned from closing a few Regions accounts.

They were free checking accts. Now they want $10 per month for each, plus $4 per month to use an ATM or check card. You also get charged $4 if you want to pay your bills online.

Good bye Regions. Now it's cheaper to spend the money for cashing the check without an account.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
After the Frank/Dodd Bill, who couldn't see this coming?

Democrats try to mess with the banks, then banks turn around and mess with us worse.

Thanks a lot. Next time Democrats just need to mind their own business.....wait their business is messing with the American people. nevermind.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

Come on. Why does everything have to distill to a Dem v. Rep argument? The banks have been hosing us for ever and they get a bit reigned-in and they desperately move to replace the lost income anywhere they can. They're in trouble, they know it and they're up-shifting rape-and-pillage mode.

Again, if there is anyone on ATS who is still banking with BoA or any of the other mega-banks that have been systematically screwing us, shame on you. We should have all moved to credit unions and community banks years ago. We need to vote with our feet.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
i love digital cash , sadly. It's probably the nwo's goal to make all cash digital but, w/e..i'ts great.

I use BOA just because, i managed to bypass monthly fees and what not but, i won't pay 5 bucks a month no matter how insignificant 5 dollars may seem. I will try to see what are my options.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I hope they fall and fall big!

Looks like their website is down today.. a result of hacking? They seem to think not.. but I might think otherwise.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Artlicious

there homepage is down, that's it. Online banking is up

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Citizens Bank which I have always loved is also now being shady. You will now be charged 5$ a month for a savings account if your balance is ever below 300$. I have always refused to have a checking account because of fees and deal with the hassle of having to go to the bank in person to make deposits and withdrawals but I just prefer to deal with cash and unfortunately you have to cash checks somewhere. I will now be looking for a new bank. For sure it wont be BoA (Bunch of Asses)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by wlord

Go to a local credit union or community bank. I did. I get free online bill pay, an ATM network (not every 25ft like BoA's but no major inconvenience), free checking and I even earn rewards points. Seriously. Last summer I had my debit card number hacked and they had every dime back in my acct within 48hrs and a new card. NOONE needs BoA.

And 'Citizens Bank'??? I love their ads all founding-fathers and stuff. But you do realize that 'Citizens' is Royal Bank of Scotland, right?

Come one people! Local banks. Community banks and credit unions.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

Exactly local banks is the way to go, they waive fees and now they are doing a killing with all the unsatisfied customers from the big to fail banks.

Just make sure that your small local bank didn't took bailout money, they have to tell you if you ask, because this means they could face trouble in the future if another crisis arises.

Just remember that most of this fees from big banks goes to pay the big rats CEOs bonuses it doesn't even go to pay better salaries for the employees

Also they need millions to keep pimps lobbyist buying out whores in congress.

Do not give them the satisfaction.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I ditched this corrupt bank a few months ago and joined a local credit union, I had been with BOA since I was a kid. I couldn't be happier, that bank %#$ed me around many times over the years. While 5 dollars a month is really nothing, it's a matter of principle to me. I also heard on the radio yesterday a case of a guy who was making very large deposits. The bank actually told him that if he makes huge deposits of cash they will have to charge him some stupid fee. Yes, a fee for making a deposit into your account.....awesome. If you're still with this bank you need to wake up, it's not about 5 dollars, YOU have a MORAL responsibility to not to support an organization that has shown itself to be corrupt to the core time and time again.

other notes: People with premium accounts will NOT be charged 5 bucks.

BOA years ago would sell off shares of my apple stock quarterly to pay some BS fee they came up with because I didn't hold 50,000 dollars worth of stock. ?!?!??!??!??!??!?? I ended up selling off all my stock before it was gone, had I hung on to it for a few more years I'd have made A LOT of money. I have no sympathy for that bank, anyone who works for it, and I certainly have no sympathy for anyones finances who still bank with them.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
hope my thread wasn't the reason for the hack
no i don't bank with boa but included in the rob the public scheme is wells and chase......I would get out but they want 25 bucks to cancel my account so................................................................I will suffer

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Great. A $5 fee to use my own money.

Time to find a new bank. Better yet, maybe I will just take all my money and hide it in the mattress.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrderYou are basically saying Bitcoin is too efficient and makes it too easy to send money around the world.

No not at all.

What I am saying is that Bitcoin is no more benevolent than any other Money Exchange system.

If you want to think of them as the "google" of money with the Don't be Evil as their driving principle then you are just being naive and it will eventually bite you in the buttocks.

Because Google isn't even "google" anymore!!!

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

So you put your faith in the benevolence of an offshore exchange house who's primary customers are drug dealers international arms traders and human slave traffickers???

Isn't that what banks do anyway?

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
After the Frank/Dodd Bill, who couldn't see this coming?

Democrats try to mess with the banks, then banks turn around and mess with us worse.

Thanks a lot. Next time Democrats just need to mind their own business.....wait their business is messing with the American people. nevermind.

When someone is abusing you, no one should try to stop it because they might abuse you more? Sounds like you like the sound of your chains.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Simple enough solution.......GO TO ANOTHER BANK

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MissCoyote

That's the thanks we get for bailing them out. I worked for a bank years ago that was bought out by boa. At that time debit cards were just starting to become popular. Tellers received incentives for getting customers to sign up for debit cards. Between direct deposit and debit cards, customers didn't need to come to the bank as often. The result was that instead of having almost all full time tellers, they cut all tellers but one to part time. I see two scenarios happening here.

!. People are going to leave boa and they are going to lose business.
2. People are going to start using cash and checks again. Then people will have to use their bank branches more often and banks will have to have more tellers on duty.

Either way they are only hurting themselves. I'm glad I don't bank with them, but if I did, I'd be closing my account real soon and finding another bank/credit union. Boa fees are so high I don't really understand why anyone would want to do business with them. If my bank decides to do the same I am going to a credit union.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
good may be now people will start to boycotting banks, we will see how this goes >:]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join