It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Foods do you stock up on now

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I've been a prepper for a while now and I'm just curious what foods you're stocking up on and how you store them.

I live in the country and have a large garden. I purchase most of my canned goods by the case. The same with pasta, rice, beans etc.

If there is a financial catastrophe what will be in short supply?

How do you store it?

How do you not appear obvious when you stock up?

I'm interested in your answers.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Jack daniels, Soco, Jose cuervo.. Who needs food when you can drink!

Best part it does not go bad, and it only gets better with age..

No need to thank me.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I'm on a Ramen Noodle budget so IF I were stocking up it would be steaks.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
A bunch of quinoa, rice and beans. Some pasta Oatmeal and caned fruit. I do not think I am that perpeared, rice quinoa and beans all need water.

link   

Originally posted by chrismicha77
I'm on a Ramen Noodle budget so IF I were stocking up it would be steaks.

That crap wont keep you alive it will do you more harm then good

link   

Originally posted by TechVampyre

No need to thank me.

Posts like these are really getting annoying. seems like ATS is full of people just posting stupid ''in-their-opinion-funny'' posts.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by White Haven

Originally posted by TechVampyre

No need to thank me.

Posts like these are really getting annoying. seems like ATS is full of people just posting stupid ''in-their-opinion-funny'' posts.

43 posts in and you have it all figured out..
.. Multiple threads like this one are becoming annoying.. So why not poke humor at it, It is as simple as using the damn search function..

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by 8ILlBILl8

I have a bunch of canned ravioli and spaghetti, along with canned corn and green beans and tuna and some black beans..I have them in my kitchen cabinet and when in use i rotate the stock. I hear the ravioli and spaghetti sauce is good for you,except for the salt.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Food? Alcohol, canned foods especially canned meats, noodles (think ramen here), rice, pasta, flour and grains, and dried beans. Seasoning items, especially salt, would be a great commodity. A hefty amount of oil and cooking fats (lard and vegetable shortening) will be needed, too.

Here's the kicker. You will also need plenty charcoal and propane to cook these items. Don't forget about lighter fluid and matches.
edit on 29-9-2011 by cry93 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
number 10 cans from mountain house

good for 25 years with the right storage temp

and never forget doesnt matter what you store or how you store if you dont take into consideration

of the amibent temperatures.

the right temp even canned food from the grocery store will last a couple of years
edit on 29-9-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Vermin traps, honey,syrup, powdered eggs, hemp protein shake powder,flour,sugar,beef jerky,salami etc, corned beef and lots and lots of salt as its very cheap and can help to keep meat and fish from going off for longer.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by lewman

I hadn't thought about salt. I have one of the quart size containers but perhaps I should get more.

I think that liquor would be useful as a barter tool. I do have a fair supply of wine because I make it and I age if for a couple of years. But that's for my personal consumption.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I am fortunate enough to have a few boxes of MRE's in the garage. I am also going to stock up on beans, ramen noodles, and oats. I think it's going to be hard to find good water to mix with these things though. Water is sure to run out fast.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

www.efoodsdirect.com has awesom meals that just require water. you could also stock up on MREs but you take the chance of being reported by the salespeople to the government if you order too much.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
yeah ive started the oh s**t pantry lol....ive got about 50 gallons of water, 200 can's of soup and veggies, I came home the other day with 2 vaccum sealed 50lb bags of rice my fiance' just about died
it was quite comical. ive got like i think maybe 75 cans of tuna. we have a habit of writing the exp. date on the top of the can and rotating it....its how ive manage to not worry so much about feeding my family not to mention I am one of those exetremely psycho coupon clippers i pay next to nothing for everything. last week i bout 500.00 for groceries one months for $8.36 i have to. I don't want to apply for food stamps because there are people worse off then me that need them.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
OK, I have some time to kill

Just for me and 5 cats...

8 extra cases of cat food
120 gals of water (changed every 6 months. Old water goes to garden.

canned food:
potatoes
carrots
beets
peas
green beans
black beans
red beans
potted meat
ham
corned beef
vienna sausages
chili
beef stew
smoked oysters
sardines
chicken
beef
turkey
ground beef
spaghetti sauce
applesauce
pears
pineapple
peaches
cherries

dehydrated meat and fruit

canned butter and cheese

flour
sugar
baking soda
baking powder
yeast
bisquick
honey
salt
pepper
various other spices
dried garlic
milk powder

pasta
dried beans of all sorts
pickles
black and kalamata olives
ketchup
mustard
mayonaisse

ha, that's a lot, I probably forgot a few things

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by MissCoyote

Oh and i have started stockpiling lol wasp spray. DONT ASK

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Wheat , barley , oil , wine . This is what the 'voice' in Revelation recommends . Makes pure sense to me .

If the container bears some use , the contents are probably worth having .

Milk (dried) and honey are luxury goods , but of known worth , especially honey , never goes off . I hate living without milk though.

Seeds , of any description which are also of edible value, these are targets . Flax , full of good stuff . Other types sunflower , alfalfa , radish , all easily sprouted but crucially resown when there is opportunity .

You can just about live on food state vitamins , a box of them and you will be laughing .
got to be 'food state' though , thats not a brand.

And , unleavened bread , has its place . Its flat , easily packed and stays fresh a long time if sealed. I go for tortilla or chapati . with mayonaise and salad , they go with anything.

Salami / dried meats / chorizo sausage / always good , travelers food needs no fridge .

Bar having a cow I dont know what to do about cheese. I really like it , but the whole thing is a bit of an industrial process . I would miss cheese and fresh milk in a shtf scenario

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by eeks4

they sell low sodium stuff.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by MissCoyote

WOW! Where do you get all those coupons?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join