It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden : Blame Obama for the state of the economy, not Bush

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Sanndy

WOW!! That link is a major crock - o - you know what.

Voluntary disclosure of White House visitors for the first time in US history

After a 3 year court battle, and a Judge's order, he "voluntarily disclosed."

Promoted social responsibility through creation of serve.gov, a national database of volunteer opportunities

OK, that is nice. It could have been done by any number of private organizations, and in fact has been done repeatedly, but its nice to know instead of looking out for my safety, or fixing the economy, he was instead still doing his community activist job.

Signed the Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act, giving the FDA the authority to regulate the manufacturing, marketing, and sale of tobacco for the first time

Gave a huge failing government entity more money and power to fail at regulating more things where they don't belong? Ok, I'll give him that one. Nobody wants it, but he did it.

Increased average fuel economy standards from 27.5mpg to 35.5mpg, starting in 2016

Really? Come on, he did this? I think the consumers did this in 2005 when they quite buying $5 gas!

Signed the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act, restoring basic protections against pay discrimination for women and other workers

Really? We already have this. I work in human resources, and this didn't change one iota of a thing we do in practice. More useless legislation.

Developed stimulus package, which includes approx. $18 billion for nondefense scientific research and development

So he campaigned on innovation and change, but he earmarked a whole 1.8% of a Trillion Dollar package to innovation? WOW, I'm unimpressed.

Issued executive order to close the prison at Guantanamo Bay

What? Really? So it is closed? No? I don't understand.

OK, I'm bored now, I hope that is a parody site, I couldn't make it all the way to the end, but I'm guessing there is a punchline.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Just exactly what has he accomplished besides driving us to the brink of bankruptcy?

Not arguing with you, but he has accomplished a lot. From displacing dictators to civil rights, he is on the ball. No to mention the Osama bin Laden fiasco. And technically, the American people AND their representatives deserve blame for driving us to the brink of bankruptcy.

I agree about the Republicans though; except Ron Paul. I think he's our only hope. Kinda like a fiscal Dr. Who.

Ya, i like him too. If not only for the fact that he is consistent and actually cares. But, i dont like the idea of states being on their own. It reminds me of the situations that led to the civil wars. He was great on The Daily Show the other night.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

What?

The dictators went out on Bush's watch, except for Ghaddafi which France mostly handled.

Civil Rights? The country is more racially divided than any time since the 60's and his solution was to have a beer with a black racist homeowner and an overzealous white cop?

He is no Truman, Eisenhower or MLK, Jr.

Try harder. Maybe go to that site linked earlier and try to keep your cookies down all the way to the end. I'm dying to know what the punchline is.
edit on 29-9-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed
Ok, they can knock the crap off.

At this point, it really does not matter whose fault it is.

The damage is done. Acknowledge the damn problem and fix it!!! After it is fixed, then we can point fingers.

DAMN!!!

but, but.. buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut then we can't play the "It's Bush's fault-Hope and Change-Republicans are eeeeeeeeeevvvvvvvvvilllllllllll-Dems rule!-You are a hater and racist if you ever looked at a tea bag in your life game..

j/k.. kinda sorta.

Serioiusly, I am finding it highly entertaining watching them turn on themselves. This is gonna get good, really good.

link   
reply to post by Sanndy

First of all, that was something called a joke.

As for your link, it's wonderful. It includes things like "appointed more openly gay officials," and "appointed the first latina to the supreme court." Race/sexuality shouldn't matter. Appoint people because of their credentials not because you want to look good... There are plenty of awful examples in there, like the stimulus in 09, but my favorite is that he allowed the FDA to control tobacco. Yes, thank you for handing more power to the FDA, the worst government agency out there...

link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
reply to post by OldCorp

Not arguing with you, but he has accomplished a lot. From displacing dictators to civil rights, he is on the ball. No to mention the Osama bin Laden fiasco.

HE did not do it, we have been looking for OBL for years and have been displacing dictators for years.

HE did not do it, HE was just in the right place at the right time and it just so happened to be on his watch.

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then.
edit on 29-9-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Aka Bush and Obama right?

No.

Sure he has. He has given weapons to drug cartels. He has bombed Pakistan, Somalia, Yemen, Libya, Afghanistan. He has put more troops in Afghanistan. He has increased the deficit to record levels.

He has not increased deficit to record levels. The country has. I am also pretty sure that the drug cartel thing was so they had a way to track them. i.e. the gps devices that didn't work. At least something was tried.

Libya loves Obama, and from what my friends in Pakistan say- they love him too. Afghanistan is a no brainer, we have been in a war since the beginning of the previous administration. Duh some fighting's gonna go down.

Obama is AT LEAST Bush, and even worse in a lot of parts.

Sorry, which parts?

A lot of BAD stuff.

Being intellectually dishonest does not convince me to agree with you.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

HE did not do it, we have been looking for OBL for years and have been displacing dictators for years.

Weird that you wont give him credit for that, but place blame on him for everything else that he has no control over.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

No, I am not going to give him credit for something that is business as usual, whether it was him or not in the White House.

Just like I do not blame him for the economy, it was screwed before he got here. He just has not done anything to help it, and has only made it worse.
edit on 29-9-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Drunk Uncle Joe speaks the truth when he's had a couple. Must've been a special at the 7-11 on that day.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TheSnowman

es, thank you for handing more power to the FDA, the worst government agency out there...

Thats ridiculous. The FDA is there to make sure that companies dont engage in harmful practices with our food supply. De-regulation is not the answer.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by Sanndy

WOW!! That link is a major crock - o - you know what.

WOW! Then I would have expected you to actually debunk them all instead of trying to pick at less than 5% of the items listed.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

I can at least respect your lack of hypocrisy. Star-ed.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheSnowman
reply to post by Sanndy

First of all, that was something called a joke.

Jokes are funny.

As for your link, it's wonderful. It includes things like "appointed more openly gay officials," and "appointed the first latina to the supreme court." Race/sexuality shouldn't matter. Appoint people because of their credentials not because you want to look good... There are plenty of awful examples in there, like the stimulus in 09, but my favorite is that he allowed the FDA to control tobacco. Yes, thank you for handing more power to the FDA, the worst government agency out there...

You cannot debunk that list either than?
Shame.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Please tell me something Obama has accomplished?

Started a illegal war, alienated many of our allies, alienated Isreal.
Suffered the worst mid-term elections than any President.

Not sure what to make of WTF Joe's statement? Either way it is pretty lame for Obama himself to not make the comment.
edit on 9/29/2011 by mugger because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

He has not increased deficit to record levels. The country has. I am also pretty sure that the drug cartel thing was so they had a way to track them. i.e. the gps devices that didn't work. At least something was tried.

You have really no clue do you? There was no GPS and since the guns were going over the border there was no way to track them!
Did you also know that the gun program was paid for via the stimulus? His so called accomplishments were all PR drivel. First Latina Justice, ohh wow big whoop!! Sounds more like a prelude to how he wants to be put in the history books
It's not about the wowing of the masses with sparklies, it about actually doing something productive!

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Sanndy, would you please tell me your position on Obama providing $1.3 Billion dollars to terrorists? (Hamas)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by mugger
Either way it is pretty lame for Obama himself to not make the comment.
edit on 9/29/2011 by mugger because: (no reason given)

Probably because he already did it when he first got in office. How many times do you need him to say it and where were you when he said it last time?
Obama takes ownership of economy

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp
Sanndy, would you please tell me your position on Obama providing $1.3 Billion dollars to terrorists? (Hamas)

In this thread?
No.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sanndy

Originally posted by OldCorp

In this thread?
No.

Why not? It's an economic issue.

How about this one: See What Obama Promises Arabs If He's Re-elected In 2012.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join