It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The man who predicted the market collapse TO THE DAY in 2008 predicts October 24, 2011 as a collapse

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Drew99GT

I predicted a collapse in 2002 when our homes value went from $80,000 in 2001 to $320,000 in 2002. I knew immediately that we were headed towards disaster. Now the home is "valued" at $64,000. Personally I refuse to let a market dictate what my stuff is worth.
I didn't predict it would happen in 2008 though. I kinda thought it would be around '06/07 but the balloon kept filling up. It reminded me of the Southern California Housing collapse in the late 80's along with the savings and loan scandals. (Hint) cross reference the names of the executives and their associates from the savings and loan scandals with some our current big players, bailout recipients, and politicians and you (might) be surprised.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Odd seeing as how their pilgrimage starts on Oct 12, which is the day after we are supposed to have our pole shift according to this thread: Warning from the Benevolents
Just a thought...

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by BooBetty
It wouldn't be the first time a major financial event happened on such a date:

Today is the Feast of Trumpets, or Rosh Hashanah. And the German parliament has approved the new massive bail-out fund, the ESFS (European Financial Stability Facility), trying to fool the markets into believing that this the panacea for all current financial ills.

The dates for this Legatus school outing to see the Pope coincide with the Feast of Tabernacles or Succoth.

I don't believe in coincidence any more.

Hey your post interested me, can you explain more.

regards,

L

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by AMANNAMEDQUEST

Their 2009 Summit was in February, the DJI dropped over 1,000 points to it's bottom shortly there after.

seeker401.wordpress.com...

This is interesting as well from earlier this year. There's perhaps a correlation about the number of events Legatus holds each year and the current market and economic trends. The big sell offs correlated to Legatus obviously happen when the market is expecting to to go down. But the players involved might have enough money to really make the market move.
edit on 29-9-2011 by Drew99GT because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
You might find this article interesting, the Illuminati plans to crash the market.... www.cuttingedge.org...

As Bill Cooper stated in his book, "Behold A Pale Horse":

"It is true that without the population or the bomb problem, the elect would use some other excuse to bring about the New World Order. They have plans to bring about things like earthquakes, war, the Messiah, extraterrestrial landing, and economic collapse. They might bring about all of these things just to make ... sure that it does work. They will do whatever is necessary to succeed. The Illuminati has all the bases covered ... Can you imagine what would happen if Los Angeles is hit with a 9.0 quake, New York City is destroyed by a terrorist-planted atomic bomb, World War III breaks out in the Middle East, the banks and the stock markets collapse, Extraterrestrials land on the White House lawn, food disappears from the shelves, some people disappear, the Messiah presents himself to the world, and all in a very short period of time?" [Page 177]
edit on 29-9-2011 by kwell because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Morons, that date isn't when the market collapsed. Nor is it the day in 2008 that the stock market fell the most.
The global "collapse" really started in 2007, some would argue 2006. The masses didn't realize we were in a recession until they spelled it out in big bold letters for you. Yes, the stock market fell a lot in 2008, but this guy didn't predict jack. Everyone knew the economy was tanking...the real economy started to tank in 2006.

I suggest you learn history, before believing someone predicted an event in history.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by DangerDeath

Basically his book is about the history of the world that dates back to Egypt, where he laid out the first ever currency debasement. Whenever he says Enron he means a crash. Or more correctly a deliberate crash.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by eldard
reply to post by DangerDeath

Basically his book is about the history of the world that dates back to Egypt, where he laid out the first ever currency debasement. Whenever he says Enron he means a crash. Or more correctly a deliberate crash.

I know. I just wondered if the other guy bothered to take a look at R's "enrons" or 9/11 chronology

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

Reinhardt found out one relevant group of businessmen, masked as religious "pro life" organization, which does critically affect acute crashes of the market. This is how he "predicted" the crash of sept. 2008. Of course, it doesn't mean everything depends on these Legatus people, and R never claimed that. He just connected some dots.
For this autumn, he didn't predict anything, simply posted dates of next Legatus meetings, and we shall yer see what happens. Lets not pretend that Vatican isn't simply one big, global bank. All churches are banks. In God We Trust, yeah really...

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drew99GT
How many of the people you cite predicted a 500 point collapse 3 months in advance TO THE DAY?

The Dow dropped over 500 points on August 4th, he seems to have missed predicting that. Besides, it's an extremely volatile market. Daily swings in the hundreds are (unfortunately) normal these days.

Originally posted by St Udio
i posted this info on another thread...

shtf.com is a host to a raft of people/economists/ trends specialiats and the 50-50 accurated guy Celante has a blurb which is titled that October is when the great 'unwinding' begins... but still in the text he backpeddles and says that is just a guestimate...

a lot of posts have already laid down the treacherous path that Legatus & Rhinehart have... both are fanciful constructs based on flimsy & nostradamus 'cloudy' info...

i would trust the contemporary and less sullied guy called Celente

Do yourself a favor and read up on Celente's track record. He makes his money on the talk show circuit spreading his doom and gloom. Internet forums were on fire with his predictions of a US collapse by the end of the year, he predicted people would be living in storage rental units and that it would be the first Christmas ever where people abandoned retail gift buying and instead would make gifts to exchange. He predicted America would begin the next year as a completely different country, that people would return to farming and doing the wash by hand. There's just one problem, these are predictions he made 4 years ago for that year. Oops. Since that time he has continued to beat the same drum, insisting that he is still right and that only his timing is off. Yet people still herald him as some kind of prophet
By the way, I'm reporting this not as something I read but as a witness, I was a forum moderator back then (not on ATS) and we were trying to decide how far to allow the Celente doom and gloom threads to go. People were flat-out scared by his rhetoric. Looking back we should have deleted them all, people would have slept better at night!

edit on 29-9-2011 by SavedOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by DangerDeath

This is how he "predicted" the crash of sept. 2008.

I see you missed the entire point of my post...
The stock market did not crash in September 2008. It crashed in October 2008. But the global financial crisis actually began back in 2006.

3 years later and people completely forget what actually happened. See why I used the 'm' word. I don't use it often. Actually, I've never used it on this website.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
i am have my doubt is HC but i thought i would shine a light on the subject

i know this is a can of worms but does any one remember harold camping???? the national nut case from the media.....

remember rapture well remember he said it would actually end WHEN?????

Camping teaches that a Biblical calendar has been hidden according to Daniel 12:9, Revelation 22:10 detailing the imminent end of the world (with alleged Biblical evidence pointing to the date for the Rapture as May 21, 2011);[16] of the "end of the church age" (which asserts that churches are no longer the vehicle used by God for salvation, 1 Peter 4:17);[17] and of predestination (Ephesians 1:4–5), according to which God determined before the beginning of the world which individuals are to be saved. In Camping's latest publications, he stated that May 21, 2011 would be "the first day of the Day of Judgment"[18] andOctober 21, 2011 would be the end of the world.[19] Critics call Camping a "date-setter" following his own method of Biblical interpretation. Camping maintains that he follows the Bible's method of Biblical interpretation.[20]

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by SavedOne
The Dow dropped over 500 points on August 4th, he seems to have missed predicting that.

We were talking about Sept. 15th, not August 4th.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
The stock market did not crash in September 2008. It crashed in October 2008. But the global financial crisis actually began back in 2006.

he actually predicted that as well. He advised everyone not to wait until Oct. 6th. 2 trillion was wiped out of the markets that week. Guess who wrapped up their meeting Oct. 5th?

The global crisis began on Sept. 15th. The events that lead to that wasn't the crash itself.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by GodofWar411

And what does rapture have to do with this thread?

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Wont happen. Flag it

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

This is how he "predicted" the crash of sept. 2008.

3 years later and people completely forget what actually happened. See why I used the 'm' word. I don't use it often. Actually, I've never used it on this website.

Ghost, you are such a hair splitter.
Look at the numbers. From 6.000 in October 2008 to 12.000 in 2010 and 2011 (price of gold gives a better clue). The economy in America didn't double, as people believe is expressed in DOW numbers. It only depicts inflation, because since that obvious crash in 2008, the market is under control and used strictly as a display of political will. It has nothing to do with reality any more. It raises and falls on "hope" uttered by POTUS, Bernanke, Merkel or some such important members of the Global Central Committee.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
damn right on my birth day, that's some bull.....

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
September 15th 2008 was a very bad day and in fact was the day Lehman Brothers went under. He also predicted another crash in october. But what I found most impressive is his ability to correctly predict tops and bottoms in markets which he has done numerous times with precision I have never seen before.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

For this autumn, he didn't predict anything, simply posted dates of next Legatus meetings, and we shall yer see what happens. Lets not pretend that Vatican isn't simply one big, global bank. All churches are banks. In God We Trust, yeah really...

Thanks for clarifying that. He didn't specifically predict the 24th of October, just that Legatus is having their Pilgrimage (a very important one) in late October.

My point was the fact that this coincides with such heavy options trading for October. I sincerely doubt the 24th itself will see a dramatic sell off, but i won't be surprised if October is a rough month for the world markets.

Another thing: since this potential connection between the markets and Legatus was discovered, I've seen R state that they're probably a bit more nonchalant about making big coordinated moves in the market, such as the day after a big meeting!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join