It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The man who predicted the market collapse TO THE DAY in 2008 predicts October 24, 2011 as a collapse

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by rancher1

No worries, and thanks for the info! So question, the ticker is showing the s&p at 975 I think it was, does that mean that people are betting the s&p will fall to 975? Or is that the price to place a put or a call?

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by KaginD
reply to post by rancher1

No worries, and thanks for the info! So question, the ticker is showing the s&p at 975 I think it was, does that mean that people are betting the s&p will fall to 975? Or is that the price to place a put or a call?

K. A put option is for a individual stock. not the whole market like the S&P or the Dow. K. let me give you a link so you can see a chart that shows Puts and Calls on the same page and the price for them..

finance.yahoo.com...

You will need to PM me. and i can send more links...

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
You can buy index options.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by eldard
reply to post by GodofWar411

And what does rapture have to do with this thread?

it was corresponding time frame..... like i said i have my doubts but but it's kind of interesting where all these predictions are starting to fall ...

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by SmArTbEaTz

Right. Because another group of sly people won't replace them.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Don't y'all notice the panic in this forum? It's reminiscent of the panic from July-Sep. 2008.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I believe that the stock market is going to collapse very soon.

(Mods please don't delete this just because I'm discussing an illegal substance. Thank you!)

Yesterday on the show Sunday Morning, they ran a piece about Prohibition and they stated that the stock market collapsing is what ended it.
As I was flipping through the channels about 8pm last night, I saw there was a documentary (on a local channel) discussing Prohibition.

Why the sudden interest in discussing this topic and alligning it with the stock market?
I believe that when the stock market crashes, we're going to see the deregulation of marijuana.

Both shows discussed how prohibition was tossed as soon as the stock market crashed because the revenue from alcohol was needed by the government.

I honestly believe that we're being conditioned to believe that the stock market is going to crash, but that they're going to help us stay happy by allowing people to smoke. The simple fact that this topic is being run on regular cable and local channels is designed to grab the attention of the general population who cannot afford more channels.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

NOT DRUID,JEWISH HOLY DAYS!

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Oct. 24th is actually Jewnited Nations Day.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bluesquid
I have been watching R for the last few years. He did call the last big drop to the day.

And many since. He was correct on one, and not so on many.

If you are a seeker of the truth in economics and how money moves, he has a ton to teach. He is spot on as far as labor goes. I highly suggest reading his free content. As for his paid content? Mixed reviews over the years. Some say they lost money, some say they made money. Also, as far as I know he isnt legally able to give financial advice, hence the indirect delivery via a pay to see blog, and all the mystery and intrigue.

R was a bright star in my sky at one point. But as they say "All that shimmers in this world is sure to fade...", and he did. But i did learn quite a bit from him. he is borderline brilliant,has great taste in women, and a great sense of marketing.

he is not above shameless self promotion on a forum such as this.

Bluesquid - you said it all my friend. Take what he says seriously, but keep a skeptical open mind. The biggest thing R has ever done was to open a lot of people's minds to a lot of things.

Ignore Reinhardt at your own peril, but at the same time, don't automatically buy into his shiit without doing your own thinking. He is but a man, with all things that that entails....

Learn History. Learn about labor and trade routes and railroads and bridges (of all sorts). Follow big projects and note their completion dates. look how the overall market corresponds.

"the only thing new in the world is the history you don't know" - Harry Truman

"the primary function of government is to pretend to fail" - R

someone on this thread mentioned that R is a poet -- that's actually a great analogy. He is almost a composer -- he repeats and rhymes the themes of history and thus opens a lens on the cyles of the future. i for one thank him for opening my eyes to a lot of things. I am not and have never been a subscriber.

oh, and May 2 was indeed the top, wasn't it? good stuff R!

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
It's also because of R that I've ever heard of Global Crossing and it's $3.5 billion fiber optic network to India. That they practically gave away to the latter at 96% discount in 2003 under the guise of bankruptcy. Care to guess the purpose of that network?

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I am going to sell every stock I own tomorrow. I am thinking of going all in with silver.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   

It's also because of R that I've ever heard of Global Crossing and it's $3.5 billion fiber optic network to India. That they practically gave away to the latter at 96% discount in 2003 under the guise of bankruptcy. Care to guess the purpose of that network?

You have me curious.
What do I need to search to research this myself?

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by coop039

You have me curious.
What do I need to search to research this myself?

My guess is an infrastructure for outsourcing (call centers etc.)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by jondave
I am going to sell every stock I own tomorrow. I am thinking of going all in with silver.

Make sure you get the physical metal and keep it in a secure place. You cannot afford to have any counter party risk during this period of time. Please forgive me if you are already aware of this.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Lehman brothers declared bankruptcy on Sept 15, 2008. The markets pretty much plummetted straight downwards for the next 6 months after that. The whole Vatican brew fest idea is comical at best.

Does anyone realize that the Dow is about even for the year?

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
If that is the day then I will eat my hat.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Well two more days and the occupy protests are going strong, what is everyone's take with October 24th the Occupy protests and well everything else in correlation to this ?

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
He never said the market was going to collapse on Oct 24th. He linked the video of the train in the hurricane and said the markets in October would be like the :55 mark of the video, where the train sways back and forth a bit. It falls apart later in the video.
Why is there is so much sensationalism here?

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
i covered this earlier in another thread...
the 24th was supposed-to-be the Merkel & Sarkozey PLAN

but the Frensh & Germans have since delayed the announcement of the 'PLAN' to save the EU banks and EU soverign Debt issues

look for Monday the 24th to have all markets up...
Tuesday to perform within the limits...
but wednesday, if the public can react swiftly---that will begin the 1500 point fall of the DOW & the significant drop of the Euro-Dollar ratio...
the EU probably dropping to $1.20 by Friday from the current $1.35+

the hedge funds & the PPT are the ones doing all the market & Euro shorts both in the DOW & all the Euro markets (cac, dax, Yen)
edit on 22-10-2011 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join