It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I believe I was unlawfully arrested...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by xrevxoltx
reply to post by Revolution9

Well, we are under constant assault by the tyrannical members of our society. And lately, they appear to be winning. It's common knowledge that while our Supreme Court may have ruled against a certain police activity, you should understand that if your local police department chooses to arrest you for that same activity, you'll maybe beat the charge, but you will not beat the ride/stay in jail. The police know they will rarely be fired, let alone charged.

Even in states where it is legal to resist a false/illegal arrest, you'll be lucky to escape unharmed. Our government has a near 100% monopoly on force. We're expected to submit to their demands without resistance or face beatings/imprisonment/death.

Regardless, the UK may not be a keystone of brutality, but your police and prosecutors still make some terrible decisions on a routine basis. I've read about people being arrested for simply using deadly force to protect themselves and their families from others using deadly force. However, it does seem that these prosecutions have become rarer since your people have elected a more "conservative" government. The riots of the last few months were only a recent example of the BS that goes on in the UK.

With all of the above being said, it's not impossible to lead a normal, unobstructed life in the US. The most dangerous situations most of us get in are being pulled over by the police for a perceived traffic violation. March in order and obey without question, and you'll be fine. =\

Thanks for the info there. I am glad it is still possible to live a life. It is that way, too, in the UK.

Think we both have our social problems and anxieties. Well, I like to keep the link with you guys. I have talked and read so much written by Americans and I can report back to you that you are a great people for being alert and asserting yourselves. I admire that.

Just very sad to see the West in such a mess.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Revolution9

Originally posted by xrevxoltx
reply to post by Revolution9

Well, we are under constant assault by the tyrannical members of our society. And lately, they appear to be winning. It's common knowledge that while our Supreme Court may have ruled against a certain police activity, you should understand that if your local police department chooses to arrest you for that same activity, you'll maybe beat the charge, but you will not beat the ride/stay in jail. The police know they will rarely be fired, let alone charged.

Even in states where it is legal to resist a false/illegal arrest, you'll be lucky to escape unharmed. Our government has a near 100% monopoly on force. We're expected to submit to their demands without resistance or face beatings/imprisonment/death.

Regardless, the UK may not be a keystone of brutality, but your police and prosecutors still make some terrible decisions on a routine basis. I've read about people being arrested for simply using deadly force to protect themselves and their families from others using deadly force. However, it does seem that these prosecutions have become rarer since your people have elected a more "conservative" government. The riots of the last few months were only a recent example of the BS that goes on in the UK.

With all of the above being said, it's not impossible to lead a normal, unobstructed life in the US. The most dangerous situations most of us get in are being pulled over by the police for a perceived traffic violation. March in order and obey without question, and you'll be fine. =\

Thanks for the info there. I am glad it is still possible to live a life. It is that way, too, in the UK.

Think we both have our social problems and anxieties. Well, I like to keep the link with you guys. I have talked and read so much written by Americans and I can report back to you that you are a great people for being alert and asserting yourselves. I admire that.

Just very sad to see the West in such a mess.

It's unfortunate, but a few decades of subjective morals and perceived social debt have led us down a horrible path. It seems our leaders and a lot of our countrymen are unable to realize that wrong is wrong if you look at it from an objective perspective.

You don't want your home invaded, you don't want your family victimized, you don't want to be robbed, you don't want to be assaulted: don't do it to anyone else. It's simple.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by FFS4000
reply to post by xrevxoltx

Since we had a change (sic) of government, this issue is starting to be a little clearer, we have had a couple of cases recently where someone broke into premises and have discovered a owner/tennant who is not afraid to stand up to them. The do do has hit the fan and said lowlife has come off worse ie life now expired, granted they arrest the owner /tennant but have dropped the charges after the facts have been sorted ie dead person broke in shouldn't have been there.

I concur that the lines have become clearer in the UK, and I mentioned that in the post you're referring to.

I can only hope that all states will realize that once you violate the rights of others without provocation, your rights should be forfeited, specifically your right to life. I'm not saying you agree with that, but that is my position.

Live and let live. Earn your own way. Do not terrorize other people through home invasion or implied violence (breaking into a home suggests you're willing to do violence).

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Unfortunately, I don't have any legal advice for you. I can however say thank you to you and your girl for pulling off the road during an argument. To bad it had to be at a bank which had a bunch of nosey people looking out a window at you.

I was taught at a young age by my parents to do what a police officer asks and be very polite to them. Yes sir, no sir. It has got me out of a few tickets by doing this but I always pull off feeling a little disgusted at myself.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
here in ontario,(canada?) you have to provide proof of i.d.,tat is all. this is so they can run your name for any warrents and the like.most times when the police tack on the 'obstructing a peace officer' charge,its cause you didn't co-operate with them. its there ace in the hole,and they now have reason to bring you in.if you would have co-operated,they still probably got you with disturbing the peace! you can't argue with your girl in public,because every one knows the man will murder her afterwards. thats how the police percieve it!

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
This stuff happens all the time.

1. Banks have a internal policy of not leaving said bank when suspicious persons are out in the parking lot when its time to go home. even though the bank services the public they need to be safe. what if you where a bank robber waiting for them to come out, you could have easily stopped the manager made him go inside after hours, which is better for the criminal. hence the police were called.

2. you refused to leave in your angry state. i understand why you refused to move but at this point you should have just went around the block to a more accepted place to be arguing in car....maybe supermarket parking lot.

3, by arguing in a car and not your house you put the cop involved in a predicment. you refused to leave when they asked you, your refusing to give i.d........in any normal circumstance this would have been ok but you admitted to the cop you where having a argument and stopped to cool down. so then by admitting you were arguing it gave the cop authority to see your i.d. because this now turned into a criminal case and not just a case of you just refusing to leave a bank parking lot.

so when you continued to refuse i.d. it made the cop angry and he threw you in his patrol car. so without any one being harmed he really couldnt slap you with a domestic violence charge and he was allready irked at you, so he hit you with an additional charge in case the 1st dosnt stick in court you would be found guilty of something.
its one of their favorite tactics is to charge people with at least with 2-5 charges. the cop knew that this case would probally be dropped by the d.a. so hence additional charges. it harder to drop charges when you have multiples against you.

honestly your charges are quite trivial and any street person woudnt flick an eye at em. in my eyes just go to court speak to the d.a. and the prosacuter im sure they will drop the whole thing.

A little peice of advice in the future about not showing i.d. and standing up for your rights. there is a time and place. this time you where wrong and the charges are valid. imho......sorry...

just be glad they didnt hit you with a domestic violence charge, your lucky, stay out of trouble and keep your head up.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by InshaAllah

Thanks for the advice. Domestic violence charge though? Nobody hit anyone. It was all verbal. You're the second one to come to this conclusion. Is the world truly that prejudice towards a man and woman having a disagreement. I love my girlfriend/fiance deeply I'd never do anything to physically hurt her. It truly was all verbal.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by av8r007
reply to post by InshaAllah

Thanks for the advice. Domestic violence charge though? Nobody hit anyone. It was all verbal. You're the second one to come to this conclusion. Is the world truly that prejudice towards a man and woman having a disagreement. I love my girlfriend/fiance deeply I'd never do anything to physically hurt her. It truly was all verbal.

LOL

in case you didnt pick up the fact im a little more a streety person rather than cut and clean. with that being said ive been arrested at least 10 times, ive been stopped and harrased countless times and i do mean countless. i suppose if i had to put a number on how many times ive been harassed has to be around 200 idk its alot.

Also ive been arrested for domestic violence before almost same situation as you. i never hit my girlfriend i pushed her and either way throught my 38 week anger managment classes alot of those guys did nothing to be there. a few actually hit the gf's but from what i learned even yelling can be considered a crime. also while doing my classes in almost every situation if a cop is called over a domestic dispute they have a policy that someone is going to be charged with a d.v. and almost always going to jail.

so im not accusing you of hitting her at all just laying out the facts is all. so just be lucky you didnt get charged with a d.v.

now i cant own a gun even though i never been charged with a felony. if found guilty of d.v. for even a misdemeanor means you cant own a gun legaly

edit on 29-9-2011 by InshaAllah because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
So was it worth it to not provide your ID as requested? I'd guess not. Ultimately, it is obstruction if you refuse to provide ID when asked. You don't have to like it, but that doesn't change the fact that you should have simply provided the ID. The bank called the cops because they felt threatened and you were being an a-hole. You can admit to that. The bank has every right to do so. Your aggitation continued when the police arrived and they took note. You probably didn't need to be arrested for anything, but you didn't do yourself any favors by being so defiant just for the sake of being defiant.

Would you have done things the same way if you had a do-over? If you say you would, then you deserved everything you got.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
You can't fight the cops, i know, my run in was a bogus traffic violation, and don't forget it is your word against theirs. not going into it but i met with the prosecutor and was able to get the points waived, but they still wanted their fine money. down and dirty, the cop lied just to make his quota. word of advice provide your id if asked you could have probably avoided this whole mess. Maybe the bank saw that you were yelling and being animated in your gestures and were concerned with your gf's well being. i agree with the strategy to plead your case before you go to court, hopefully if you are pinned with 1 of the multiple charges it doesn't ruin your life. Background checks are everywhere and will kill your future.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join