It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baking Soda Cures Cancer

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by auraelium

Originally posted by chr0naut
reply to post by centrifugal

Sodium Bicarbonate is alkaline.

Baking Soda consists of Sodium Bicarbonate and Tartaric Acid.

When an acid and an alkaline combine (in this case in the presence of water) the result tends towards being a neutral salt.

The fact that those behind this don't seem to realize there is a difference between Baking Soda and Bi-Carb Soda would tend to support the idea that they are quacks who are lying about the wonders of their "cure".

I have not heard of Sodium Bicarbonate curing Candida fungal infections before either but that may be because I haven't researched it enough.

Baking Soda does not contain Tartaric Acid, thats baking powder, different product all together.

Oh, that's probably my misunderstanding there.

Apologies to all.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

How much did they recommend taking and in what manner? Baking soda mixed with water?

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

I understand cancer cells cannot live in an alkaline environment. But I have only read that. I personally think it is good to eliminate anything that has chemicals in it. Use only natural products, i.e. vinegar, baking soda, borax, ammonia. I use Dr. Bronner's soap a lot...

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Oddly and most bizarrely enough I was going through my Pantry cupboard only just yesterday and happened to notice I had a nearly full packet of McKenzies Baking Soda which only contains Sodium Bicarbonate?!
I now might look in to taking a spoon full of this medicine everyday....

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Always listen to the older generation. They seem to be innocent of the sh** were fed these days.

My mother in law takes bicarbonate of soda everytime she feels ill or a bit off, and guess what? cured. Swears by it, reckons everyone used to take it years ago.

Got me to take it a few times but the burp smell makes me vomit, yuk.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Sodium Bicarbonate is alkaline.

Baking Soda consists of Sodium Bicarbonate and Tartaric Acid.

Baking powder has tartaric acid. Baking soda is only sodium bicarbonate.........(read the label!)

When an acid and an alkaline combine (in this case in the presence of water) the result tends towards being a neutral salt.

Agree....for baking powder on its own and baking soda in the stomach..

When you wet baking soda, the acidic and alkaline components combine and react, releasing carbon dioxide gas (the bubbles), especially if you input sufficient heat which helps to liquify the ingredients so they can mix more fully. This is why it is used in cooking, the heat & water causes the solution to bubble which creates light fluffy baked items.

Your talking baking powder again. However, baking soda can do the same job when the baking mix is acidic, for example milk has lactic acid.

The fact that those behind this don't seem to realize there is a difference between Baking Soda and Bi-Carb Soda would tend to support the idea that they are quacks who are lying about the wonders of their "cure".

Yet again baking soda is sodium bicarbonate. Now it is interesting about the language you use "quacks" when in fact you have your baking materials confused......typical ATS

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons

How much did they recommend taking and in what manner? Baking soda mixed with water?

First I would suggest following the links provided since I am not an MD and I don't want you to have ill effects based on my advice.

However from what I recall it was a teaspoon of baking soda in a glass of water everyday for 3 weeks.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by malcr

Ok, I admitted my mistake and you are right.

One thing I do know, Bi Carb (teaspoon in water) cures indigestion!

Cheers

edit on 29/9/2011 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Also I should point out that both of the doctors mentioned are in disagreement as to why baking soda helps, and what cancer actually is.

Dr Coldwell believes that tumours are created by the body to protect itself from acidic toxins. Which does make sense since fat cells have also been known to store acids to protect the body when necessary. So by raising your ph level to neutral(7) or higher your body will stop producing tumours and the cancer cells will die. This is a very simplified explanation, so if I made any mistakes let me know.

Dr Simoncini believes cancer is caused by a fungus and that by killing the fungus you kill the cancer. He mentions that he does not know why baking soda kill the fungus, but from observation he can see that it does.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

No, I wasn't planning on trying it, I was just curious. You never know when you could get the big "C". I don't like the idea of chemotherapy after seeing my sister in-law go down hill after starting her therapy with ovarian cancer. Even her doctor told her that chemotherapy could kill her.

I just wish the FDA would allow people who have no other therapy options to let them sign-off on liability forms so they can try therapies that have shown promise. I mean what do people have to lose? If you're going to die, you might as well die fighting to save your life. It may also help future cancer patients get these drugs or therapies that are in the testing phase to the public much sooner.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Not sure I believe any of it...

Smoking cigarettes causes lung cancer; really...
I know people in their 80's (including my Mom) who smoked most of her life, never get lung cancer.
People who have never smoked in their lives have lung cancer....oh that would be Radon gas...right?
why then do all people in the area of radon gas not have lung cancer?

They even say that eating hot dogs (containing nitrates)...causes stomach cancer, really...
how come everyone who eats hot dogs on a regular basis not have stomach cancer...but others who
don't, do get it. Yet, Nitrates are found in many food products and no one says they cause cancer.

Now melanoma, I might actually agree with since the sun does emit radiation and that indeed has been proven to alter the DNA in a way that mutates the cells, and over exposure is a risk.

And what pray tell is the cause of brain cancer, I ask...thinking of these things too much...

No, my understanding is that it is a recessed gene, folks...if you have this gene most likely your inclination to develop some form of cancer is increased compared to the GP.

Just a thought.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Andronian
Not sure I believe any of it...

Smoking cigarettes causes lung cancer; really...
I know people in their 80's (including my Mom) who smoked most of her life, never get lung cancer.
People who have never smoked in their lives have lung cancer....oh that would be Radon gas...right?
why then do all people in the area of radon gas not have lung cancer?

They even say that eating hot dogs (containing nitrates)...causes stomach cancer, really...
how come everyone who eats hot dogs on a regular basis not have stomach cancer...but others who
don't, do get it. Yet, Nitrates are found in many food products and no one says they cause cancer.

Now melanoma, I might actually agree with since the sun does emit radiation and that indeed has been proven to alter the DNA in a way that mutates the cells, and over exposure is a risk.

And what pray tell is the cause of brain cancer, I ask...thinking of these things too much...

No, my understanding is that it is a recessed gene, folks...if you have this gene most likely your inclination to develop some form of cancer is increased compared to the GP.

Just a thought.

Quite a good thought too.

It is the death of our individual cells (apoptosis) that allows the community of cells to remain in balance.

The immortality of cells is what we call cancer. Cancer cells simply keep consuming nutrient and dividing until the balance of the body goes totally out of whack and the whole shebang dies.

Life isn't just about being alive. It's also through the processes of dying that we live (sorry if that sounds like some of those religious folks).

The world is totally weird, just hang on & enjoy the ride.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   

It is the death of our individual cells (apoptosis) that allows the community of cells to remain in balance.

Interesting that you mention that. I just remembered Dr Coldwell saying that there is not a single cell in the human body older than 2 years, which the exception of some bones/teeth.

By cleansing your body properly, eating healthy and maintaining a neutral ph level you can pretty much wipe the slate clean after 2 years. This is all according to his claims anyway...

What do you guys think?

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I just want to chime in on this. Many many years ago I was having stomach problems (ulcers) I was using prilosec, rollaids, alkaselzer, bromo selzer, ect... My doctor who was very old now deceased told me "off the books" That if I did a regimine of 1/2 teaspoon and 1/2 cup of tonic water daily for a few weeks or until symtoms clear. I am going on 47 and still enjoy taco's, spagetti, Szechuan cuisine and many other spicy foods.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
coke or pepsi?

and what temp??

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by centrifugal

Interesting that you mention that. I just remembered Dr Coldwell saying that there is not a single cell in the human body older than 2 years, which the exception of some bones/teeth.

By cleansing your body properly, eating healthy and maintaining a neutral ph level you can pretty much wipe the slate clean after 2 years. This is all according to his claims anyway...

What do you guys think?

In the process of cell division, where DNA is replicated by splitting and re-assembling the missing bits to each part, and the one DNA strand becomes two, we can get errors. Unfortunately this process, while statistically robust, is not perfect. These coding errors can lead to either junk DNA or viable, but cancerous combinations.

DNA can also be damaged chemically or energetically, leading to invalidated coding.

This means that as we age, we accumulate damage.

A complete refresh of actual cellular matter every 2 years won't help if the "building plan" itself is being modded, potentially in damaging ways.

I don't think that the human body was ever meant to die, but the answer to the issues is far more complex and embedded than simple drinks of bicarb soda can fix.
edit on 30/9/2011 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Well based on my research the past few days raising our bodies ph level has many good effects. Even if we exclude the possibility of a cancer cure, there is still a strong case for taking baking soda on a daily basis.

I've decided to give it a try for a few weeks to see if I notice any health benefits, and I will let everyone know how it goes. My only concern is the sodium content, so if anyone has any additional advice please let me know.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join