It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Five Hours Sleep In 70+ Hours,The Same Life Ending Dream for 7 Days Straight

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by IJUSTAM

I'm not a christian in fact Ive been a pagan for over 35 years, as I said you dreamed your own death. The thing is if you conquor your fear, then the dream will not have the effect your expressing now. Thoughts become ideas, ideas become your own chosen reality, if you let the dream play out and you know your dreaming you can change the aspect of the dream so you don't die. Death and dying of the physical flesh really has nothing to do with any religion, it is a simple function that comes at the end of ones existence. Its not to be feared, everyone that has ever lived, living now and will live in the future will one day breath there last breath. Its not something to be feared. Its just the continuing of the great mystery. You don't die, only the body ceaes to exist. The soul is forever. Where we go..that is the great adventure. Do not fear passing. Live life to its fullest, and be happy.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I am not going to blame or cross judgement on anyone here...
I am sometimes sensitive, sometimes sarcastic but all the time speculative and introspective.

Originally posted by HOLDYOURFUTURECLOSE
She could really be having a death premonition.

I've never experienced a re-occurring dream, but I can only imagine how thoroughly unsettling even a mediocre re-occurring dream can be. The OP is having a TERRIFYING dream, on repeat.

Two things hit me:

1.) Rapture.
I was raised RC, and the rapture doesn't frighten me. It almost excites me. I struggle with my viewpoint on the whole ordeal too. I want to trust, but I can't see why things will end so quickly and so brutally without warning.
I don't know if the rapture will happen as it's illustrated in the Bible, or in the OP's vivid dream posted here.... I don't know when it will occur and I don't really feel that it's necessary to fear it either. If I am "taken" so be it, if not "so be it"...
Just so we're clear -- Amen means "so be it." Whatever happens. So be it, Amen.

2.) Fear of letting go.
This seems like a metaphysical/dream interpretation non-interpretation... also known as my very own 2 cents... I struggle with holding on to many things, mostly in my past. I am not sure if the OP struggles with this in her past, or not. It is possible. Struggle can illustrate itself in many colors and scenarios in your reality and subconscious worlds...

Aside from that, I really don't know. Dreams are just activity depicted as pictures in your brain, to train/teach/prepare you for things that your brain/subconscious believes/feels you need preparation for in the future. They may or may not happen. As far as predictions/premonitions, I think that the dream is a venue for this kind of thing to occur. It is a skill that uses dreams, not the dreams itself. Well that is my opinion.

Toodles!!

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Explanation:

The Environment is:

With kids mostly grown, a lot of adults have unfamiliar places in their dreams. The whole goals in their lives start to change when they're no longer making decisions FOR their kids, but just being the cheerleaders. The most likely feelings is hidden from yourself, may be of still being controlling, which is typical. People attempt to control others when they cannot control themselves. From the others who are dead: if some are in the water, they probably drowned. If so, this is an aspect of something you can't control like a loss of individuality. This is stereotype of mothers who are close to their kids—vicariously living through their kids.

From the darkness, I'd go for the not knowing where to start before any of the more emotional reactions.

1. If this is about letting go of your kids, you'd have to ask them if they feel like they need more independence from you, and have them state why. People who are heavily involved parents often have a denial zone when stepping over boundaries. But then, what parent wants to let their kids scrape their knees, without checking on the damage? And there's plenty of times parents aren't doing enough.

2. Now, if you've already started dealing with letting go of your kids, and I don't mean partially, this could also be about what you do to take up the time that is no longer invested in their lives. Those type of projects, if they are too ambitious or in the wrong direction the rest of your life needs to take, darkness stirs in dreams.

Out of everything, the stars moving and explosions are actually “bigger signs” than the rest. These are further out signals, but no less important. Projects lead to your destiny; what you do now, leads your future to you. Loss, burying of feelings, something way-of-life destroying.

The Direct Situation: Part A

To any parent the search for their lost kids is more important to their area. Now, We could continue with the kids' relationship to you, or we could go for the kids' being representations of aspects of your personality that you miss. Do you miss mothering your kids? If one of your kids happens to be like what you were like as a kid, but you've given up a lot of that to be the adult you are, there could be something there? Do you feel like you've lost your innocence? This country is trying to work itself up into a frothing mob, and other countries are as well. There's a lot of disillusionment out there and unrest. Are there missed goals? Or just the fact that they're young and starting out when you need a change of pace? There's a lot of ways this could go. Now, you are screaming for the kids, and screaming has to do with disillusionment and fears. Deep abiding rage tends to be attached as well.

Surrounding this is death. Again, it's with a loss motif, although this could be about negative people surrounding you. People are running, which is a lack of accountability or not wanting to face the source of the problem. Also, you're aware of this being the end. This has ties of depression and inner conflict. This mutes the whole above environmental aspect. Worrying too much about letting go? Having some issues with the change in relationship without taking it out on everyone?

The Direct Situation: Part B

Then all Hell breaks loose, and Smoke brings a change that is scary. This is something that is coming. As much as you love your kids and interact with them, how soon will you have an empty nest? It's going to be you and your spouse, and what activities keep your busy. As soon as the kids are no longer a financial burden, is someone retiring? The explosive part leads to some huge conflicts in interpretation. There's liberation: but it's supposed to be of negative things being dragged to the surface. Everyone has old wounds from loved ones. We let them go, but sometimes we don't deal with the hurt—we just bury it. So, this change is coming, and it is needed, but it's nowhere near pleasant. Your running reinforces the not wanting to deal with the “change in weather”, but going to hide form it in a building? This is a representation of your inner being you're running in, and it's about to be ruined. Also, being in a room is about relationships. And you're in there, exposed through this missing wall. Walls are very much barriers. They hold shame, secrets, and repressed memories, and right on the other side of this disappearing wall is the plane of death. Many faiths view death as a transition, and this is no different. Then you're shocked into comprehension: the plane's going to take you. Change is coming, and all the emotions and behaviour around it can't stop it, so you wake up, just to go back into the whole “fallen walls and open doors” and “Change is coming” motif.

Conclusion afterwards:

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Really, if I were a parent with nearly adult kids about to find out personally what the empty nest syndrome was like, and I had this dream? It would be time to find projects, it would be time to reconnect with my spouse as a couple, it would be time to find out how the changes that should be in the relationships with my kids are progressing, it would be time to find a cause. I wouldn't be worried about this being my dying moments—and I'm saying this as someone who does dream reality without a single iota interpretation needed. Always exhaust the interpretive before taking on the literal stance.

Even with this being a dire repeated dream type, and even with all the symbolism, I wouldn't make much of it. Accepting whatever this is will help the situation resolve so much faster. My end? The End of the World? A change of life? Doesn't matter. Accept and move on, or don't and live in fear.

And I'm not saying this out of callousness. If you are a Christian, it's what you're ordered to do by Christ himself:

Matthew 6:33-34

"But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Link to Drop in the Bucket, a children's hymn aimed at adults and their worry. Yes, it's predominantly about money, but it was a reminder I got as a small kid, growing up, to not let any Hell on this earth get to me. It's plain not worth it.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
You say you dont have stress and are laid back - but the dream is living proof you have some SERIOUS stress or fears which (in my opinion) you don't realize and suppress. Dreams don't lie, they will bring to the surface what over the day you suppress/repress.

If this is going on i would consult a psychologist/psychiatrist because the dream (if its really the case as you report it) is almost like you have some post traumatic stress disorder. It must be a really bad case of stress since you are saying as soon as you go to bed, an hour later you already wake up from the dream.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by CynicalDrivel

If you read some of the replys she posted to other people you will see that it is not empty nest syndrome. She already has 1 grown and on their own for several years.
If anything she is probably to busy, because she says she always has something to do, she works, she gardens, she has a young child that plays soccor.
I don't believe this is emoty nest either. Some of the dream is very revelations like. I think she is being told something or shown some futre event. Just my opinion.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Does anyone else get the feeling that the world is FILLED with paranoia and fear, yet, YOU have no idea how to end it? ATS is a fear and paranoia reproducer. But more than that, PEOPLE are fear and paranoia reproducers!! I believe that. I think that for thousands and millions of years we lived in a dangerous environment. We died from all sorts of things. Now that we live in a modern world that's less dangerous, we're creating the dangers simply by being so paranoid! Are we creating more harm by being ourselves? Maybe we should NOT be ourselves?

How do we NOT be ourselves? That's impossible. We're slaves to instinct, right?

This world is filled full of pain, suffering, fear, paranoia, etc. It's a giant cesspool of chaos.

My friends talk about how unsafe everything is. They lock their doors and rant about crime.

Or is it? Maybe it's this way because we believe it's; a self-fulfilling prophecy?

I think we're becoming our own enemy. We don't know because the enemy seems outside us. We don't realize that the impulses and instincts inside us manifest in the external world.

The world is changing faster than our evolution can keep pace with. We're falling behind. Even our own body is not evolved correctly for our modern, indoor, book and computer-intensive life. We evolved in the outdoors, running from and killing beastly monsters and doing hard labor. So survival of the fittest is happening now more than ever. Many will not spread their genes.

Or maybe these are just my own fears? It's odd, but when I was a child, the world was peaceful. When I wake up in the morning from dreaming, I'm relaxed. The full weight of the world comes down on my shoulders after a few hours of being awake. I'm starting to realize this world is an immense responsibility that has a great toll on the lives of people. How have we even made it this far? Is it really as bad as it seems? Is the world really this violent and confused?

Ironically, death might be the only escape from the madness in this world. Or maybe we just do not get enough time out. As I already stated, I am relaxed after waking up. Dreams are calming. Sleep takes me away from worries about the world, money, health, and so on. Reality is a big ruthless dictator. Obama said the other day we're soft. But I think that we're in pain.

That's what I see in the ATS forums (and in the world, in general): a lot of pain and worry.
edit on 1-10-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

2 Timothy 1:7 - "for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control."

Philippians 4:4-7 - "4 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5 Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
reply to post by jonnywhite

2 Timothy 1:7 - "for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control."

Philippians 4:4-7 - "4 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5 Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

Forever and ever amen. Well said brother. If she believes in the Lord she has nothing to fear, not death nor bodily harm, for death is not the end.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Make of this what you want.....but assuming this is legit, I am praying for her:

ATS thread: My mother went to sleep and now she won't wake up

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

Me too! Thanks for the link!

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

Yes I read that thread just...... To believe it or not? thats the question? I'll go with nevermind if it isn't real and hope she gets better if it is.
My final word on this subject
To see death dreams through to the end aren't to be tried unless you are very skilled and practiced at controling them....

edit on 1-10-2011 by DreamerOracle because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Oh and in my dream I am not scared and it does seem like some strange things are happening (stars spinning and such) but I know that it will be ok shortly so I am not worried I think...

I hope my 40's are better then my 30's were. LOL

If anything this thread should bring you some peace of mind and I hope you have found some comfort too

Take care and...sweet dreams (I mean that)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast
Make of this what you want.....but assuming this is legit, I am praying for her:

ATS thread: My mother went to sleep and now she won't wake up

Yeah I noticed these two threads were connected as well. That is somewhat creepy.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by WhoDat09

your avatar is certainly not helping

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2manyquestions
reply to post by IJUSTAM

Maybe you should try to finish the dream. If you can stay asleep and go with it, just see it through to the end. Maybe your mind/subconscious won't give you any peace until you do. The less rest you get, the more stressed you will become. Once you know the conclusion to the dream, maybe you can find out more about the situation and get an understanding of what's going on with you. I've had nightmares that wouldn't go away despite the fact that I woke up and fell back asleep two or three times a night, but I can't say I've had one that continued with the same scenario. Just today I posted in reply to a person describing a series of nightmares I had which continued for a month or two. They had the same subject matter and characters involved, but the scenery changed from one night to the next. I finally reached a conclusion with one final dream, and I never experienced the same dreams again.
My advice, sleep through it and get to the conclusion to gain a peace of mind.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
THINK SHE TOOK YOUR ADVICE. MAYBE SOMETHING TOOK HER SOUL

edit on 2-10-2011 by Teeky because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Teeky

This is just sad. Her daughter is getting ripped on that thread and all she did was ask a question. I believe both the post r real, it's just to smart if u know what I mean. Some of the stuff just cant be made up that fast and I was online when the mother was first posting and answering questions. I hope they come back with good news but I got a really bad feeling about this. I had a bad felling about it when she first started posting on this thread. She said she never experience anything like this before and really didnt know what to do about it. I dont think she killed herself as some people on here do. She sounded like she had a really good life and what enjoying it. I will keep praying for good news.
God please keep these women strong, keep them safe from whatever has them in the devils grip. Amen

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I have heard of this. People can dream their own death as well. I believe people know when they are going to die. I had a grandmother who gave away all her jewelry and money two days before she died. She also asked her son if he thought she had been a good enough mother to go to heaven. I found this from the one where a daughter is asking if anyone had seen her mothers post. Why are people so cinvinced that she is lying. What if it is true. That would be awful. I hope this wasnt the way it seems and the mother is alive. Just my opinion.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by HOLDYOURFUTURECLOSE
reply to post by Teeky

This is just sad. Her daughter is getting ripped on that thread and all she did was ask a question. I believe both the post r real, it's just to smart if u know what I mean. Some of the stuff just cant be made up that fast and I was online when the mother was first posting and answering questions. I hope they come back with good news but I got a really bad feeling about this. I had a bad felling about it when she first started posting on this thread. She said she never experience anything like this before and really didnt know what to do about it. I dont think she killed herself as some people on here do. She sounded like she had a really good life and what enjoying it. I will keep praying for good news.
God please keep these women strong, keep them safe from whatever has them in the devils grip. Amen

I'm with you! How pathetic the way the trolls took over Amanda's thread. They may think I'm a fool for believing this story, but they look like bigger fools for their theories. I've never seen so many fools take a rather benign descriptive story and try to turn it into a full blown "who done it" conspiracy theory. It must be a pathetically slow day on the conspiracy theory threads! I wish they'd move on.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Either way, I hope the daughter comes back to give us an update. This is one of the creepiest threads.

However after closer inspection of the two writing styles, useage and misusage of language, and both of the posts using semicolons, i have changed my mind. i think this is all a planned out joke.

Read the daughters post, and compare the language and punctuation used in the moms posts. The moms language and choice of words sounds young...fraken? Space shuddle? Semicolons?

Theory.

edit on 2-10-2011 by amongus because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join