It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

#1 Anarchy. #2. No Rules. #3. Burn Everything to the Ground and Start New.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I wanted to make this post, mostly because my ideology is burning to get out, and I want to force it all on you ATS members and guests.

I was recently asked what my answer to breaking free of our slavery was, and I if I had another chance to answer, I'd say Anarchy.

The only way we are going to change is by burning everything to the ground. (a metaphor of course)

Be willing to sacrifice yourself for someone else, something bigger than you and your life. Live in a world that lives for others.

there are no rules, just a set of guiding morals; live a basic life, and do whatever you can to help other people.

that is my answer to an oppressive world.

It wouldn't last forever, I know, but it would be my little part of history.
And at least history will always be destined to repeat itself...

I could probably spend the rest of my life explaining the details, but you all get the point right?
edit on 28-9-2011 by TheRiverCityAnswer because: clarifcation

edit on 28-9-2011 by TheRiverCityAnswer because: more clarification

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

The only way we are going to change is by burning everything to the ground.

█████     ████
      █████     ████               █████
      █████     ████         ████     ███
      ██████  ████      █████     ████
      █████ █ ████      █████     ████
      █████  █████      █████     ████
      █████     ████        ████     ███
      █████     ████            ███████

That isn't a good idea.

...unless you are speaking metaphorically.
edit on 28-9-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRiverCityAnswer

You'll find many people who will take up arms against you with this philosophy.

It won't end nicely.

Just sayin'

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I totally understand what are you trying to say.... and i endorse your inner point of view.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Burning everything to the ground isn't going to make the world a better place, although in the beginning with a small population it might be easier to steer it in a better direction. Then again who's to say you'll have any control over how people behave and what they'll do once they're one of the few still alive? The only person you really have any control over is yourself.

You want to make the world a better place? Raise your children to do the right thing (whatever that is) and lead by example. You can't change others, but you may inspire them to be better people. It's probably not what you want to hear, but it's a more realistic approach to bettering society.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

#4 Seek Psychiatric Help Now!

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Ever seen the movie The Postman?

Yeah, there's always gonna be some Alexander wannabe.

what, you think once everything is burnt

that daisies spring forth and everybody holds hands?

Boncho,you so funny.
edit on 28-9-2011 by rbnhd76 because: error:you cannot rate that post. come on dangit, I wanta give more stars!

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Freedom isn't Free.

Freedom costs a buck 0 five.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRiverCityAnswer
I wanted to make this post, mostly because my ideology is burning to get out, and I want to force it all on you ATS members and guests.

I was recently asked what my answer to breaking free of our slavery was, and I if I had another chance to answer, I'd say Anarchy.

Be willing to sacrifice yourself for someone else, something bigger than you and your life. Live in a world that lives for others.

there are no rules, just a set of guiding morals; live a basic life, and do whatever you can to help other people.

that is my answer to an oppressive world.

I could probably spend the rest of my life explaining the details, but you all get the point right?

Umm... Was with you there on the sacrificing yourself (metaphorically) for others, living in a world that lives for others, living a basic life and doing whatever you can to help others. I even like way "guiding morals" sound as long as those morals are universally accepted by all (which will never happen).

As for the rest - brrrrrr!! Nothing good ever comes out of chaos except for more chaos and believe me, people will not be working together if anarchy were to break out. It would be dog eat dog which kind of goes against the grain of the other principles, ya know?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
So often I hear people cry for anarchy and can't help but laugh. Do you really think that you would be able to survive if everything were burned down? I get wanting to start over. The only problem with that are that the reset buttons on human history are not things I am willing to embrace.

That's all well and god but does not take into account human nature. Look at religion. Think about some scenarios too. I like you stuff, I have more guns and friends than you what stops me from taking your stuff?
edit on 28-9-2011 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
You won't need to burn it to the ground. It's going to come down all
by itself. Not sustainable. The old must come down to make room
for the new. Let's just hope it's not long on new and short on order.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
If I were a bad artist trying to paint a perfect masterpiece....no matter how many times I ripped the canvas off the board and tossed it I would just keep painting crap.

Gotta tell you man...I don't have too much more faith in man's ability to create the perfect masterpiece.

It's not that we can't do anything right, it's just that every time the canvas has come off the board through history, it seems that the painting starts out looking pretty good and then gets all jumbled by the end.

I like to entertain the idea that maybe we are evolving into a more perfect species, but really???? It's more like whack a mole.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRiverCityAnswer
reply to post by TDawgRex

Freedom isn't Free.

Freedom costs a buck 0 five.

Buck 'O Five?

I can reload ammo a whole lot cheaper than that.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
The fact that so many people are against me right away truly terrifies me.

Everyone is so entangled of the spider webs of the planet earth, having any actual freedom is horrifying to them.

Someone will fight in the shadows and defend freedom without a face someday. Take down anyone trying to take over, secretly.

All you laugh and close your minds, and go ahead.

I want freedom, and "burning everything to the ground" is a metaphor for starting new.

Not "trying to influence people" or "fix" something that never worked in the first place.

Starting new. and guess what, this is my space. I'm not here to argue, that's what makes it MY ideology.

If you all want to keep just existing in the plutocratic cycle, that's fine.

I however want equality and freedom for everyone. and that isn't coming through a vote.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   

I like this part but why do we have to do this part first?

It's a bad bet. I mean what might lead us to believe that an ensuing civilization would be better? The world we would leave them would not only be a world of toxic ruin and depleted resources etc., it would also be burnt to a crisp. I don't see how any surviving humans might develop into cultures that hold those higher aspirations to heart any more than we have.

No, RiverCity, this mess is ours. Anarchy is not a real problem solver, it's a problem ignorer.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Don´t worry. We are all together in this. They just don´t catch the metaphore at first, but if they´re here is enough prove that we all want a deep change.

edit on 28-9-2011 by greenCo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
If all the seas were one sea,
What a great sea that would be!
And if all the trees were one tree,
What a great tree that would be!
And if all the axes were one axe,
What a great axe that would be!
And if all the men were one man,
What a great man he would be!
And if the great man took the great axe,
And cut down the great tree,
And let it fall into the great sea,
What a splish splash that would be!
-Mother Goose

A true lasting Anarchy as a replacement for government could only be achieved if everybody worked for the same goal. You can't force people into it or you will just end up with violent anarchy. But if everybody on the planet decided to chop the tree down at once, what a great splash splash that would be! (A man can dream, I'll keep dreaming mine)
edit on 28-9-2011 by The_Phantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
thanks Greenco, I know Im not alone

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

And when those who are next to you,decide to burn YOU in their haste to start anew,who will you call?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Question is, are you speaking metaphorically? I think answering that will help to further the discussion. I agree that we need sweeping changes, but I certainly don't want to start from scratch.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join