It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop Feeding the #ing Trolls!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I am so fed up with seeing quickly and poorly written, ignorant, and downright stupid threads getting bumped to the top of the "most replies" section of the New Topics page, and deep down I know everyone knows thats exactly what these trolls want; for you to post on their #ty thread. I could provide you with hundreds of examples, but you only need to look at the most replies section to get an idea.

I am well aware that this section isn't the best place to look for news on ATS, but why does anyone even bother to entertain these people? Just let the thread die, instead of making it popular.

*breathe* Rant over.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
welcome to ats.. although i must say, isnt your rant kind of similar to what your protesting against? stupid threads that get replies.. maybe we should just let this one die too before it gets bumped to the top of the list..?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by theshepherd2

You and I both feel the same way.
What annoys me the most is that people post negative comments like FAIL.
4 pages later it gets on the front page because of people trolling the troll.
Don't even give that much attention...I know its a fail thread....thats why I ignore it and move on.

edit on 28-9-2011 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

The problem is that these types of sites, by nature, allow for ridiculous role-playing. Many of the posters, including the trolls, are just playing along, making it near impossible to discern truth from fiction.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
A guy with a cat as an avatar comes to mind.

"domo arigato Mr. Roboto"

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

So, a thread titled:

"Aliens are here and they own the Kraft Dinner Factory down the street!!!!" shouldn't get replies?

I guess I agree...

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Most Replies are the Most Trolled threads I've noticed.
It's almost like fishing to those people, all they have to do is throw a controversial topic out there and they know it'll get 100+ pages of responses of people arguing with each other.

Examples....

Jesus doesn't exist!
Aliens are not real
New WTC theory
Religion vs Science
Gays don't have souls
There are no conspiracies

I can go on but that stuff gets a lot of bites.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by CastleMadeOfSand

I agreed with you im trying though i maybe newish but......i try.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon
welcome to ats.. although i must say, isnt your rant kind of similar to what your protesting against? stupid threads that get replies.. maybe we should just let this one die too before it gets bumped to the top of the list..?

LOL I actually thought about that as I was writing it and for that reason alone I don't mind if it does die.
I am just getting really tired of it and wanted to vent the only way I really could

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Agreed, although I must say the trolls are good at using psychology to tempt people at taking their bait.

You know what else bothers me is that many times the trolls refuse to capitalize, make new paragraphs or proofread, even though there is a little red line below the error and the correct spelling is just a right click away.

Not only does this make it harder to read their posts, it also show little regard for those they expect to read it. It also, to me, makes me wonder if these guys are grade school dropouts. The typing of their posts seem to hint at this very idea.

short and minor case in point;

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I find that no matter how a thread is put together, random rubbish or well researched details, it's dependent on the subject.

9/11 forum for example. Same old names, trolling over any thread.

Best of luck trying to avoid them, but like a bad smell they tend to stick around.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Well isnt this a big dish of troll soup. You must be new..

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Mmmm here have some food my friend.....oops my bad!

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

Maybe I should stick to the rant section, you just made me laugh so hard and at first I was feeling sympathetic to the OP seeing as how I have just posted my own very first thread...in the rant section LMAO. Yes, lets ignore us all please! Its just nice to feel heard even if its negative!

They say sarcasm is the lowest form of wit but when done right, its damn funny! Thanks for that!

PS And the OP is totally right! Kinda forgot that there...
edit on 30/9/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: Added a PS

top topics

join