It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dance Club Drug Ecstasy Developed to Cure Cancer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Dance Club Drug Ecstasy Developed to Cure Cancer

www.ibtimes.com

New research proves that Ecstasy may kill some cancer cells, but scientists have increased its effectiveness 100-fold, they noted in the journal, "Investigational New Drugs."

Researchers also chemically re-engineered ecstasy by taking some atoms away and putting new ones in their place, thus reducing the toxic effect on the brain.

An earlier study showed all leukaemia, lymphoma and myeloma cells could be killed in a test tube, but any treatment would be a decade away.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.medicalnewstoday.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Good Medical News.....Ecstasy Drug Offers Blood Cancer Hope
SCI/TECH: Ecstasy can block cancer growth

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
This news came out last month, but I struggled to find any informative posts in regards to it (there was one, but it was scattered and hard to follow), so I thought it deserved a look.

Essentially, they've found when MDMA is modified it is better absorbed and counteracts blood cancers one hundred times more effectively than street ecstasy. The amount of lives that could be saved because of this is absolutely amazing. Even just the idea that MDMA has an effect on cancer is sort of stunning.

www.ibtimes.com (visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I think this thread will be closed down, pretty soon.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Resonant

Look seeing as you twisted my arm, I guess I would be willing to help with the human trials, Is Friday night good for the test?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I wonder how long the effects last. It's been a few years, you see.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Very interesting. I knew MDMA may have some beneficial applications in psychiatry and treatment of PTSD but didn't know about its possible curative effects on cancer. I am surprised there is information about this that got out. This kind of thing is usually kept under wraps. Took me a long time to hear about. Thanks for putting the word out. Deserves more investigation. S&F!

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

To start - interesting.

I do have to say "toxic effects on the brain my arse," however. Stupid interpretation of imaging and various other miscalculations were the only problem I'm aware of. As long as users stayed hydrated, there would no issues (other than severe crash from serotonin depletion if using too much for too long).

Otherwise, the potential for treatment of various mental conditions is amazing. I hate US policy limiting valid research because on a range of substances because someone might enjoy themselves. OH, the horror.

Meanwhile, I hear that deaths from prescription drug use surpassed those of automobile use in the US this year...

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

i can rember being told MDA was a anti nausia drug. developed to help with canser treatment
it was used in clubs in the late 80s.
then a cemist transformed it to MDMA for recreation use.
so like a lot of things it has gone the full circle.

top topics

join