It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NC Governor Recommends Suspending DEMOCRACY to Focus on Jobs

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
If Paul Krugman succeeds at tricking Japan into bombing Pearl Harber again then
i could see Obama getting re-elected. Other than that, he may just hand it over
to Hillary Clinton in January 2012.

Good point however it does beg the question....

Would an attack on Pearl Harbor be used to gain support for his re-election, or was it done so the administration can claim Obama is a US citizen, however the records were destroyed in the attack?

sarcasm aside, we really do need to get back into holding our elected officals accountible. Last time I check I am in the United States of America, and not in the United Party of the Democrats or Republicans.

They have gotten so lost in the forest of stupidity that our elected officals dont understand they represent the people, and not foriegn governments or illegal immigrants.

I say we fire them all in the next election cycle. No incumbents are voted in.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
If Paul Krugman succeeds at tricking Japan into bombing Pearl Harber again then
i could see Obama getting re-elected. Other than that, he may just hand it over
to Hillary Clinton in January 2012.

Good point however it does beg the question....

Would an attack on Pearl Harbor be used to gain support for his re-election, or was it done so the administration can claim Obama is a US citizen, however the records were destroyed in the attack?

sarcasm aside, we really do need to get back into holding our elected officals accountible. Last time I check I am in the United States of America, and not in the United Party of the Democrats or Republicans.

They have gotten so lost in the forest of stupidity that our elected officals dont understand they represent the people, and not foriegn governments or illegal immigrants.

I say we fire them all in the next election cycle. No incumbents are voted in.

When the Republicans take control of the House, Senate and White House you will see
the size of the U.S. government reduced dramatically. The GOP will also remove the
wet blanket that is currently over free market capitalism. The unemployment rate will
drop down to 4%. More on the to do list:

Repeal ObamaCare: SCOTUS may do that for us.

Repeal Dodd/Frank

Abolish & defund the EPA

Abolish & defund the Dept. of Education: hand control to the individual states

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Might be the law but doesn't make it legal. Laws are only as good as they are enforced. Laws are only good until they are changed. This executive order crap isn't written in stone. If they were we wouldn't be paying for a ton of politicians to make new laws all the time. The only law of the land that is suppose to be set in stone is the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. We don't need a revolution we just need a restoration.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by redrose123
reply to post by xuenchen

Might be the law but doesn't make it legal. Laws are only as good as they are enforced. Laws are only good until they are changed. This executive order crap isn't written in stone. If they were we wouldn't be paying for a ton of politicians to make new laws all the time. The only law of the land that is suppose to be set in stone is the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. We don't need a revolution we just need a restoration.

Well said, BUT, I say BUT,

WHAT IF they just do it anyway ... the law be damned.

They won't care about courts ... the damage will be done and over with.

AND, they will get what they want .... do or die......that's their twisted motto.

Like they say, go ahead and sue me

They will sit it out in their ivory towers, we sit it out in the streets if we're lucky that is

[color=limegreen]These are NOT "Constitutional" people are they?

edit on Oct-01-2011 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by MasterGemini

Out of all the topics that have been at the top of the front page, this particular one needs to be seen and commented by all.

Link: NC governor recommends suspending democracy to focus on jobs

As a way to solve the national debt crisis, North Carolina Democratic Gov. Beverly Perdue recommends suspending congressional elections for the next couple of years.

“I think we ought to suspend, perhaps, elections for Congress for two years and just tell them we won’t hold it against them, whatever decisions they make, to just let them help this country recover,” Perdue said at a rotary club event in Cary, N.C., according to the Raleigh News & Observer. “I really hope that someone can agree with me on that.”

Didn't the Democrats blame George Bush for 'possibly' considering the use of this exact tactic?

...and, now they are suggesting such a tactic?

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Her logic is that somehow, keeping politicians in office indefinitely, means they will actually focus on the economy and interests of the American public for a change. When they never do this in the rather large amount of time (at least the Senate) they are given in the first place. And paid quite a bit to do by the taxpayers.

Er....no thanks. At least elections keep the pressure on to at least appear to be achieving results. If they want to get re-elected, they better have some fruits of their labor to show for it.

I'd be surprised if someone doesn't demand Gov. Perdue step down. This sounds like it could be a local political s***storm in the making, if her political opponents play this right.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

Yeah her reasoning and logic are flawed.

What SHOULD happen is a law passed that only allows campainging for office 2 weeks - month prior to the election date. Nothing before that, and nothing after that. There responsibility is to do the job they have been elected to do. Not to run for election as their primary job while peridocially getting around to the peoples business eventually.

I find it telling that instead of regulating themselves and acting responsib,e they continue to look for ways to help themselves.

The people MUST get invovled in politics and government again. We arrived at this juncture because we are lazy and apathetic, and have the mindset someone else will take care of it.

We are now reaping the rewards of our laziness and its time to change that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join