It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official: Iran to send warships near U.S. coast

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Whats that Iran wants to make artificial reefs off Florida?
Lets hope they know where the do not cross line is out there. We won`t be as friendly as we are with Mexico.

Other then that God Speed and happy sailing Iranians.
Be fun to boat out there and paint a Bulls eye on their ship.

Yep sorry because I`m running my mouth sitting behind my nice safe computer screen.
I don`t even own a boat.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by CountDrac
reply to post by Nobama

The difference is that the U.S is not run by Muslim fanatics who still stone there women to death for adultery and treat their own people like animals.

It’s like comparing British presence in ww2 with Nazi presence.

We're run by Christian fanatics who just let an innocent man die last week.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Headline in 2012 Iran loses entire fleet of warships in Bermuda Triangle.

I wish I felt worried about Iran. I might like to trade GS for Iran right about now.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

reply to post by Nobama

The difference is that the U.S is not run by Muslim fanatics who still stone there women to death for adultery and treat their own people like animals.

Your right, the U.S. is only run by corporate zionists that secretly kill their own citizens to start foreign wars.

Thats SOO much better

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by MysticPearl

ONE innocent man died. That is terrible, it is shameful and a disgrace.

You know what's more terrifying than that? A regime that forces REAL,PHYSICAL punishment and death on women who disobey their archaic, cruel fanatical religion. By the hundreds. A regime that gladly murders and tortures their own citizens in a reign of terror so that they can keep that religion the basis of every citizen's life.

I didn't see any reports of our government going into the streets and dragging women off to prison for learning to read, to drive, or wearing shorts this week, did you? I didn't see our judicial system sentencing anyone to have a hand, foot or head chopped off for stealing a loaf of bread to feed their children, did you?

For all of you that seem to believe that it's okay for a backwards, hate-filled idiot's regime breathing down our necks from our own coast, I ask you: Do you think they will love you? Do you think that somehow, if they were your government, life would be grand? .Do you think they will love you? Do you think that somehow, if they were your government, life would be grand? Do you believe that you will carry on living in America, home of the free, with all the freedom to be as sexual, religious, atheist, satan-worshipping, nature loving, bikini-wearing, bacon-eating as you are right this minute? Get real, you'd be some of the first to have your heads parted from your necks.
edit on 9/27/11 by jennybee35 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

reply to post by Nobama

No our country is run by creepy war mongering globalist occultists who burn human children in effigy around a 40 foot tall Babylonian stone owl god and treat their people like beasts of financial burden, which is much better, somehow.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by GLaDOS
Always remember people: If the US does it, it's not terrorism.

At rare times, rhetoric crosses the line into a steaming pile of rotting garbage with raw sewage slathered over the top of it as it bakes in one hundred degree heat. That was one of those rare times.

The last time the US diplomats claimed that there would never be peace as long as Iran and North Korea existed, and that it was the duty of every American man, woman, and child to kill as many Iranian and North Korean civilians as possible-- at every opportunity?

Somalia. A famine has countless starving. The US sent food and medicine, water well drilling equipment and pumps. Then, when the tribal leaders kept it from the people for their own petty power, the US sent troops to attempt to distribute the resources to the needy.

Iran sent what?

Go ahead, look them up and answer the questions. I'll wait.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Connman
Whats that Iran wants to make artificial reefs off Florida?
Lets hope they know where the do not cross line is out there. We won`t be as friendly as we are with Mexico.

Other then that God Speed and happy sailing Iranians.
Be fun to boat out there and paint a Bulls eye on their ship.

Yep sorry because I`m running my mouth sitting behind my nice safe computer screen.
I don`t even own a boat.

Thats no joke!!

If Iran attacked DISNEY!!

ALL FRACKIN HELL WILL BREAK LOOSE!!

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

reply to post by Nobama

We treat our own people like animals, 33.8% of adults in the US are obese. That's one out of every 3, which is a LOT. Due to the lifestyle of "work-to-live" forced upon us, a whopping 18% of Americans have clinical anxiety. 9.5% for depression. And these are just the people who seek help, many people are ashamed of their emotional distress and just live with it so the number is probably much higher.
People in America are driven to consume - to work, work, work, and then spend all of it on useless bullsh*t. Hey, it's the American way! But when the same people become poor, or unhealthy, distressed, they get pushed aside. Or have to pay outrageous fee's to get back on their feet.

I'm not saying Iran > America, or vice versa. I'm just saying it's one hell of a statement for you to put down one country over their practices as if we as a country are without sin (not from a religious view). If Iran wants to do things that way - SO BE IT. Who died and made U.S. king and queen of the world. We should not get to decide how other countries do their business.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Official: Iran to send warships near U.S. coast

www.politico.com

Iran plans to send military ships near the Atlantic coast of the United States, but offered no timeline or details on the “powerful presence” its naval head promised would be deployed.

Iranian Rear Adm. Habibollah Sayyari warned that his country plans to station ships near the U.S. sea borders in a move that would dramatically heighten tensions between the two countries, Reuters reported.

(visit the link for the full news article)

ROFL! I really love ATS and the collective intelligence and discussion of serious matters on this site, but I really needed the comic relief provided by this statement. I would say that ole' "I'madimwitedslob" has really lost his marbles if he thinks his show of force (ignorance) is going to intimidate us.

Iran sending their navy dingy's to our coast and expecting it to threaten us is nothing short of hilarious. Half of our Atlantic Destroyer Fleet could decimate the Iranian Navy faster than I'madimwittedslob could say "WTF".

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I am so sick of hearing the phrase " they know we will nuke them to death"
Start tossing nukes and we all die......simple as that and that is fact.
Get off of your high horses people and really think about where we are at and where we are headed.
Quit the glorification of war and weaponry like it is some kind of power trip.
This will have no good ending for anyone here on this planet and if you disagree with that then you are seriously
delusional.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Can't say I blame them...

it's a start.. more nations are needed tho.. I personally wouldn't are if all the boogie-man nations and their non aligned friends patrolled the DC coast daily in an effort to check the GOP & DNC dear leaders from their aggressive war policy.. a Nazi flavored crime against humanity wrapped in red, white & blue cloth on a stick.

The stress imposed on DC mafioso would hopefully lead to more alcoholism, mens room toe tapping for boy-toys acting out, and fist pumping highly charged inflammatory rhetoric.. Of course the hypocritical drivel belched by mafia dons would make US politicians look even stupider, arrogant and unapologeticly evil to the world..

Like it!.. assuming it's real and not staged.. I'd like to see more countries get off their collective asses to pressure the shadowy overlords into abating the senseless wars for profit & misery it causes..

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nobama
reply to post by CountDrac

We Americans whine and cry when countries stand up against us, but we forget we almost always dip our toes in the water that we shouldn't be in in the first place...if Iran wants to post warships near us so be it, it's not like we dont have bases all over the world that shouldn't be there.

So it's wrong for us to do it but it's right for them? How about.... It's wrong for both of us?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Sounds like empty threatening. I have a heart for the people of Iran, this would be a very incorrect assumption that they are "all stupid" but yes, these people are stupid. Or looking for attention from Americans.

But seriously, ATS, how devastating could warships in the Atlantic hundreds of miles from the U.S coast, yet sixty-two hundred 6,200 miles away from Tehran, came with X amounts of supplies and warcraft versus the United States' (X * 12) * 5 resources..

I'd hope Rear Admiral Sayyari has not been promoted for this awesome idea.
edit on 27-9-2011 by ergastulum because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Well if anyone is interested in the Office of Naval Intellegences assesment of the capabilities of the Iranian Navy they can see here. Loads of info.
www.fas.org...

and here www.globalsecurity.org...

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

Originally posted by Nobama
reply to post by CountDrac

We Americans whine and cry when countries stand up against us, but we forget we almost always dip our toes in the water that we shouldn't be in in the first place...if Iran wants to post warships near us so be it, it's not like we dont have bases all over the world that shouldn't be there.

So it's wrong for us to do it but it's right for them? How about.... It's wrong for both of us?

oh
the planet we've been living on..... like one of the Shakespeare's plays with comedy and love, tragic with some weird transitional verbs thrown in.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
What about this scenario? Is it just fantasy?

edit on 27-9-2011 by thisisnotaname because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisisnotaname
What about this scenario? Is it just fantasy?

MUCH more realistic

Iran is by no means a small military force. Most larger countries can thoroughly defend themselves.
But taking weeks, by sea, with carriers? Only so much per boat (even though they are enormous). Unless this were some kind of support for exactly that shown off in the video..it's always scary.

Makes you think what they're REALLY upto ay

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

What about this scenario? Is it just fantasy? YouTube Link edit on 27-9-2011 by thisisnotaname because: (no reason given)

Iran may have the capability to hit some of our bases in surrounding countries (Iraq, Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia, etc) but by the time that initial volly of missiles is over, a massive coalition would turn Iran into a flaming heap of rubble. They wouldn't stand a chance and they know it. And if their warships ever got close to our coasts they would earn a final resting place at the bottom of the Atlantic very quickly.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
This sounds like hogwash. I don't think they'd be able to attack us from the Atlantic unless their ships are allowed to cross and get close enough to hit targets.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join