It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official: Iran to send warships near U.S. coast

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Official: Iran to send warships near U.S. coast

www.politico.com

Iran plans to send military ships near the Atlantic coast of the United States, but offered no timeline or details on the “powerful presence” its naval head promised would be deployed.

Iranian Rear Adm. Habibollah Sayyari warned that his country plans to station ships near the U.S. sea borders in a move that would dramatically heighten tensions between the two countries, Reuters reported.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
The declaration comes just weeks after Turkey said it would host a NATO early warning radar system which will help spot missile threats from outside Europe, including potentially from Iran.
And it comes a few months after Iran sent warships through the Suez canal, after the fall of former Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak, the first time the Islamic Republic had deployed navy vessels in the Mediterranean.
The United States has not ruled out military action against Iran if diplomacy fails to stop it getting nuclear weapons. Tehran denies it is developing nuclear arms saying its atomic program is for purely peaceful purposes.
Iran has dismissed the threats, warning that it will respond by hitting U.S. interests in the Gulf.

How stupid can iran be?

www.politico.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
"Station the Fire Control Tracking party!

What fun it would be to ride boats again!

Sometimes I miss going to sea.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Iran has war ships??

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
um so what iran wont do anything...

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by shadowcorp

i dont think the US will allow it. Such a shame that iran will suffer the might of the US army because of their stupidity...

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by CountDrac

Ok ... point of order. Its either that the Iranian Navy will be getting near the COAST of the U.S. or that the Iranian Navy will approach close to the sea border. Which is it. Its physically impossible for both to be the case.

Based on what I have seen of the U.S. ability to defend its borders from penetration, I would say that those living in coastal areas near the intended approach, might want to keep thier sidearms handy. After all, the U.S, government cannot defend this border effectively , if they want to excuse the poor state of thier defences at the U.S. - Mexico border.

I grow sick of all this chest beating , posturing and all that nonsense.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by CountDrac
reply to post by shadowcorp

Such a shame that iran will suffer the might of the US army because of their stupidity...

You mean like the type of stupidity that makes us patrol Iran's shores with our fleet?

Uh I think we drew first.

Whats wrong with them doing it back?

link   
This is just for domestic consumption. Iran would have a significant logistical problem stationing warships off the US coast, even with the help of e.g. Venezuela or Jersey. Did the “massive military presence” ever turn up to threaten Israel and run the Gaza blockade? No.

Iran is full of hot air, but they don’t care because there are enough people around the world blinded by anti-Americanism that they hang off these empty threats as being “fact”.

Regards

link   
That would be hard going across the ocean in paddleboats

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
uh the US has been doing the same thing to Iran. Why cant Iran do it back?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Yes,we should all pull are pants down and take it like a real man by the big USA.
Really,this patriotism is getting on me. USA is not in the position to demand or do anything for that matter.

I say,let America first handle their homegrown problems before taking on the role of supreme being.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
this could be interesting, poor poor ignorant Iran.
2nd line.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

fairs fair there is always a large US naval presence around iran, all iran appear to be doing is moving ships in international waters. If america can send its forces anywhere in the world then why cant iran or any other country for that matter

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
So, will it be a version of the Cuban Missile Crisis in repeat.
This seems somewhat dangerous since Iran these last years claimed to have allot of different missiles to use.
What are they up to?

defensetech.org...

www.foxnews.com...

www.telegraph.co.uk...

news.bbc.co.uk...

articles.cnn.com...:WORL D

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

We Americans whine and cry when countries stand up against us, but we forget we almost always dip our toes in the water that we shouldn't be in in the first place...if Iran wants to post warships near us so be it, it's not like we dont have bases all over the world that shouldn't be there.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Whatever they send to the Atlantic takes away from patrols in the Red Sea, Gulf of Aden, etc. and a presence in that area is far more important to Iran. This "threat" is rhetoric, nothing more.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Submarines

Mmmmmm, Fire drills in the MMR in full gear with all ventillation shut off....in the middle of the Persian Gulf....in Summer...

Yeah I miss going to sea too...

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by nutzmctaffy
That would be hard going across the ocean in paddleboats
What makes me laugh on here is the sheer ignorance of some of you. Iran has a very large arsenal of warships.www.militaryphotos.net...
This list is from 2007, who knows what they have now?
edit on 27-9-2011 by discharged77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Nobama

The difference is that the U.S is not run by Muslim fanatics who still stone there women to death for adultery and treat their own people like animals.

It’s like comparing British presence in ww2 with Nazi presence.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join