It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official: Iran to send warships near U.S. coast

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
LOL!

One senior official echoed Capt. Kirby in saying that Iran has the pleasure of moving wherever it desires in international waters. But with known intent to approach U.S. maritime borders, he added, "they might have some company."

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by CountDrac

Iran's attempt at sabre rattling in my opinion. Of course our own provocations toward Iran motivate this sort of escalation in tension as well. I just don't imagine that Iran's rational is to conquer America and claim its booty, so it must be something else.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I think the man is thinking many years ahead of his time....
Iranian ships of the line dont even get as big or as bad as a US naval destroyer class ship....
They have three kilo class subs whos range may be a factor as well.....
None of these ships is anywhere near capable of keeping station off the east coast for very long if at all.....
This is just saber rattling......

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
No need to worry citizens. As the Iranian ships float past the Ivory Coast, they will be overtaken by pirates on schooners, armed mostly with machetes (and a couple 70's vintage Kalishnikov's and 1 molotov cocktail).
Iran will beg the US for assistance and good ol Uncle Sam will gladly pay the ransom in the spirit of foreign relations.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Probably something to do with China maybe having subs offshore. They are the Red Dragon. There is a once in 10 000 year Virgo (woman clothed in moon and sun) giving birth to red planet mercurty, sign, akin to Rev 12 going on overhead now (ish).

And the US Governemnt not getting their funding bill passed so they're like shut down on Thur, no money, no Fema, people starving. I guess they'll need China and Iran to lend a helping hand and really bring in the Iron First rule.

Georgia Government just put pamplets out for shcool students promoting polygany and Muslim dress.

Anyone up to connecting the dots and pinning the tail on the donkey yet, and maybe Colorado should be on everyones list of visits. Cause I don't feel like standing next to this stuff, right.

I have a feeling they're waiting for the power to go off, the magnetic storm is nearly rated 9/9.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Iran has every right to send it's ships into International Waters. By all means, kiddos. Make no mistake however, Iran is no threat to the Continental US, and any attack on the hundreds of thousands of troops we have surrounding her would be puny at best. Their Air Force wouldn't last a week, if even that. Their ground forces? This is the same country that was deadlocked in it's struggle with Iraq for nearly a decade.
We all see how easy it was to sweep aside any organized resistance in Iraq.
I haven't even began to touch on their complete lack of combat experience. There is much more to warfare than simple numbers. A military must be trained extensively in maneuvers, logistical supply and planning, integration and familiarity of military tehnology, and on and on and on. I'm afraid Iran is seriously lacking in all of those fields. Theory only goes so far, it must be implemented and practiced. Nothing can compare to the real thing, which unfortunately (or fortunately?), the US is writing the book on for the 21st Century.

I don't want war with Iran, in fact, I want the complete opposite. I think all ties with the Middle East should be cut off, but that's for a different discussion. I just hate to see people get worked up over small fries.
edit on 27-9-2011 by Gainsayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
We have so many bases in the south... Pensacola Naval Air Station, Keesler AFB in Mississippi, and of course good ol' Tyndall AFB in Florida is home to the 325th Fighter Wing which are F-22s... I'm fairly certain that we would be sending out a squadron of F-22s to fly by the Iranian fleet. Imagine seeing them fly over and having no idea that they were even approaching?

The Iranian fleet would not be a threat what so ever to the mainland, though I could see the fleet disrupting oil rigs and piping to he mainland. That would be a death sentence for the fleet though.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
A war is not won primarily of sheer military strength. There is what we call military intelligence, if coupled with strategic military placements can weaken a far superior opponent.

There is but a point of weakness in everything that exists. That very weakness if penetrated can come as a blow that can be unfavorable.

Never ever underestimate your opponent.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Was already posted here : www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please feel free to continue the discussion there.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I think this kind of thing was bound to happen, eventually. I am an American and I LOVE my country, but we have not been saints by any stretch of the word. We have constantly stuck our nose where it didn't belong and called it National Security.

We have appointed ourselves the Police of the world and called it Human Rights.

We went to Afghanistan and drove out the Taliban and said we were *liberating* them.

To each of the above actions there have been equal and opposite REactions. Just use Afghanistan as one example, sure we probably liberated the women....to a point, and helped build schools and an assortment of good things, but everyday our troops drive right by the opium fields the Taliban had burnt and outlawed... They are ordered not to disrupt the poppy fields, and now.....we have heroin available on every street corner in the USA and OUR children are dying every day from it!

When I was a kid, if you wanted heroin you had to know a guy who had a friend who knew a guy in another bigger town that had an uncle who knew a girl that could get some from her cousin.

Now I can walk 3 blocks down my town and point out 3 places its OBVIOUS they are selling it....courtesy of our *Foreign Policy*... Sorry Uncle Sam I care more about the drug epidemic in our country than the poor women and children in the middle east...

Don't even get me started on the Mexico border or Fast and Furious!

We Americans need to clean up our own back yard, audit the FED and clean house in all levels of our Federal Government... Maybe then we could look to what other countries are doing or not doing. Until then we are just the pot calling the kettle black...it's shameful

Call me selfish or unAmerican, I don't give a rip! But we have and are creating this moronic Iranian Monster!

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Can anyone verify that they actually said this? Its amazing how some people just read an article and automatically accept it as truth. They can put anything out and people will believe it and get scared or get angry.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Yea all I'm gonna say on this topic is...Iran is like that bully in school...they talk a big game but once challenged they're done for.Sure,they have every right to send ships into international waters,just like if they go to far WE have every right to defend ourselves.

edit on 27-9-2011 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by CountDrac

wow just gotta say if this happens, they wont know what happened. QUICK. their OLD fleet our state of the art one? no contest. gotta be hype. not even Iran would be THIS stupid.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
2 words:

artificial hurricane.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Funny how Iran seem to antagonise the US, who could obliterate them in a matter of hours.It's as if they are behaving exactly how TPTB would like them to. They present a fictitious threat perfect for justifying more military spending and action.They provide much of the rhetoric that Israel uses as an excuse for their inexcusable behaviour.They were the excuse for arming Saddam. They are we're told the most malignant threat to Western civilisation etc etc. So we invade Iraq?????Strange how the US, with all it's might, hasn't the balls to give Iran what Iraq or Afghanistan or Vietnam got. What gives?

We're told that every passing day they are a step closer to nuclear weapons, yet is any action taken?No way, just more idle rhetoric.We've been listening to this for at least 5 years and nothing has been done.Iran is always mouthing off but can never back it up.Never could never will.

Let us not forget how cosy Irans government are with the oil companies. Could we be looking at an audacious good cop/ bad cop routine here?

edit on 28-9-2011 by blah yada because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Iran does not have power projection capability that goes so far.

However a suicide cargo ship with hidden anti-ship missiles is possible.

So many cargo ships ply on the ocean, and it is possible that one slips through.

However Iran threats are usually bluster. It is all for domestic consumption.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Always the same replies from both camps here.

I will just step outside the box here.
Chess is a game which is believed to have been invented around 1500 years ago, more than just a game, it is about strategy, a well placed pawn can cause serious danger when you try and understand why it was placed there for no apparent reason.
move and counter move trying to ambush your oponent without them seeing the trap you have been laying.
The US came out with their big guns to try and checkmate the king, in return only a few pawns have been taken.

Moral of the story is, never underestimate any opponent no matter how strange you thing their little moves are.

Modern popular culture constantly show the little guy beating the big guy in an obviously uneven match.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66
Always the same replies from both camps here.

I will just step outside the box here.
Chess is a game which is believed to have been invented around 1500 years ago, more than just a game, it is about strategy, a well placed pawn can cause serious danger when you try and understand why it was placed there for no apparent reason.
move and counter move trying to ambush your oponent without them seeing the trap you have been laying.
The US came out with their big guns to try and checkmate the king, in return only a few pawns have been taken.

Moral of the story is, never underestimate any opponent no matter how strange you thing their little moves are.

Modern popular culture constantly show the little guy beating the big guy in an obviously uneven match.

And don't forget it was the Persians (Iran) who invented Chess!

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Iran wants to deploy their navy near our coast? I say let them and when they decide to head back home deny them an exit. Then when they eventually run out of fuel offer to tow them home for a hefty price. turn their "powerful presence" into a joke and make money doing it

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
hmmm interesting, even though everyone pretty much laughs at them sending ships this way, i got an idea that they got somethin we shouldnt be laughing about otherwise they wouldn't be coming or tryna set something up... somethin is bound to happen... pearl harbor type situation likely??

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join