It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if Gov. Christie ran for POTUS??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
So now the rumor mill has it that NJ Gov. Chris Christie is tapping the waters of a POTUS run. Now personally, I like the guy. Straight shooter and doesn't put up with any bull. So that begs the question, if he does run, is there any support for him? What about a Paul/Christie ticket?

Also, for those not in the US, I would really like to get your views on who you think your governments would want to deal with for the next four years? Which candidate do you feel would improve relations around the globe?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

I like Christie more than other candidates but I don't think he would have a chance. He's a tad bit unhealthy which would scare people off.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I have some family that live in New Jersey and they absolutely LOVE him and say he should run for POTUS. This was more than a year ago.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

Let me take a look at Christie's record here...

OK, he was a lobbyist, not necessarily bad...but lobbied to keep securities fraud out of the state's Consumer Fraud Act (further review warranted).

Was an advisor to Alberto Gonzales (eh...), was a fundraiser for Bush jr. (2000...not quite SO bothersome), authorized warrantless cellphone tracking of suspects (VERY bothersome! "Well, the courts said it was OK..." SHOW BETTER JUDGEMENT).

I'd definitely need to do a lot more looking into his politics, but so far I'm very much unimpressed with the company he kept and the judgement exercised just from this bit here.

EDIT:
We'll have to see if further updates come in, but Politico's reporting Christie's brother Todd has been told and is convinced it won't happen:

"I'm sure that he's not going to run," said Chris Christie's brother Todd, told the Newark Star-Ledger. "If he's lying to me, I'll be as stunned as I've ever been in my life."

edit on 9/27/2011 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

Well, here's my point in starting this thread. I keep hearing Paul can't win. Assuming this is true (I don't think it is), then you have two others viable for the primary, Perry and Romney. So if Christie threw his hat into the ring, and Paul was not an option, then who would you rather see winning the primary?

For me I would have to bet on Christie. Perry is just looney, and Romney is a white Obama. The rest aren't even in the running. Other than Paul, every candidate has something against them. However, I am basing my view on Christie based on what he has done as Gov. You gotta admit, he tells it like it is. Something rare in DC these days.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by haarvik

Well, here's my point in starting this thread. I keep hearing Paul can't win. Assuming this is true (I don't think it is), then you have two others viable for the primary, Perry and Romney. So if Christie threw his hat into the ring, and Paul was not an option, then who would you rather see winning the primary?

For me I would have to bet on Christie. Perry is just looney, and Romney is a white Obama. The rest aren't even in the running. Other than Paul, every candidate has something against them. However, I am basing my view on Christie based on what he has done as Gov. You gotta admit, he tells it like it is. Something rare in DC these days.

Tough call. Would have to see who it came down to and then dig into their positions (mainly meaning more study on Christie). At this point I see too many of the wrong ideas on too many of the big issues being discussed, and none of my other serious concerns being addressed (or being addressed wrongly, in my opinion). Unless Christie's views pleasantly surprise me, I will likely be abstaining once again in the general election as I'm a strong believer that I should not condone evil by supporting the "lesser of two evils" if I cannot generally approve of a candidate.

As is, Perry and Romney both pay lip service to state's rights and the people, but are in the pocket of big business to a substantial degree and on a good many matters are also much too comfortable with the idea of big government and governmental control of people's lives. So...eh. We'll see how it goes.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Well, I would rather vote for the lesser of two evils than to endure another four years of dumbo being in office.
The only change he accomplished was his mind!

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by haarvik

Well, I would rather vote for the lesser of two evils than to endure another four years of dumbo being in office.
The only change he accomplished was his mind!

I can definitely appreciate the sentiment, even if I can't share in it.

I will definitely look more into Christie if he comes into play, but I cannot tolerate the thought of sanctioning another lip-servicing politician who will say one thing on the trail, then gladly repay favours owed to the corporations and big businesses who funded him while on it, who don't understand the limits on their office or the oaths they swore to the contract this government has with its people, or who will continue to run roughshod over the will of the people and wasting their money by prolonging a wasteful and inneffective war against non-violent people exercising their will to self-determine while blocking the various industries and jobs that would result from ending this lunacy.

It's time to free the captives, uphold the will of those one is supposed to represent on the world stage, and stop the lunacy...and if I can't get a trustworthy promise from my potential leaders to do that, then they'll have to do what they will without me.

Thanks for your responses and hopefully Christie will be worth it...I'm just so very frustrated with things - my apologies.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
No thank you. There's nothing to recommend him, especially compared to what is already out there.

Christie is just the guy Obama wishes he could run against lately, so the MSM is pushing him.

top topics

join