It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone in south-east England just hear that?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I just heard the weirdest sound coming from the sky above my house. It sounded like a low humming bellow, sort of like a dull horn. It sounded for about 8 seconds then stopped and started again for about 10 seconds. It was very loud but not loud enough to shake anything.

I did get a recording of the last few seconds but my laptop is broken and I don't know how to upload from my iPhone.

I live in near guildford.

ALS
edit on 26-9-2011 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Im in Essex....no weird sounds here.
Millions of explanations as to what it could be.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

Well when we had a noise like that in north east england last year it was blamed on a russian bomber plane.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 26-9-2011 by ThePeopleParty because: to add link

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

I don't know about millions. This noise came from that sky no doubt about it. I live in quite a noisy area right next to train tracks, a school and a large warehouse. My brain has learnt to filter out these sounds but when I heard this I was like "what the" straight away.

ALS

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Give this link a shot. She has lots of video on sounds that you may have heard. This is occurring all over the world.

ATS LINK

Hope this helps you out.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Shame we can't hear the sound.
No idea.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Any similarity with this sound?

It sounds like the black smoke in Lost lol .
edit on 26-9-2011 by eagleeye2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Deplume

I know but I'm gonna give my buddy a ring to see if I can borrow he pc when he's finished work. Watch this space.

ALS

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by eagleeye2

Similar but it was a touch louder and had more 'omph' to it.

ALS

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

There is nothing weird in that video except for the sound of wind....but hey...call it what you like

When wind/air goes through a small space at speed it produces sound.just like this.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I did hear a strange noise (just outside Brighton) a while ago similar to the one in the vid but dismissed it as one of the strange noises you get living under a flight path.. that was until now..

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

Earlier this year I heard a low humming sound coming from the sky. I live in NE Ohio, so obviously we aren't in the same neighborhood. This sound you heard though, did it have any effect on you? I ask because when I heard this humming it was as though it was penetrating every cell in my body (for lack of a better description), and it made me very irritable.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by IamAbeliever

It had no effect on me other than surprise.

ALS

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Its not the wind lol
Apparently it was lightnings who stroked the audio equipments but I dont buy that.
If you read closely those threads about the Strange Sounds. Tampa Bay or florida seems to be a hotspot.
as long as UK too.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

I am in the UK....ive never heard a noise that could not be explained by something mundane.

But hey, if everyone in this thread thinks its aliens, or nibiru effecting our planet so be it, whatever floats your boat

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Who said anything about aliens or nibiru?

ALS

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Loads of people around the world have been hearing this. It's the earth resonating to some outside force.

I personally have heard the sound with my two teenagers, whilst on holiday near Ipswich, UK in July. So I know what you are talking about.
The next day a lot of the children had to go home due to sickness.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL

I don't know about millions. This noise came from that sky no doubt about it. I live in quite a noisy area right next to train tracks, a school and a large warehouse. My brain has learnt to filter out these sounds but when I heard this I was like "what the" straight away.

ALS

The train tracks part may explain this. I know you have stated you have learnt to filter most noises out , but as a railwayman myself i know that track workers use a manual warning horn while working on the line.
The sound is similar to a vuvuzela (sp)
This is blown in long blasts and the sound does travel long distances. Is there a possibility you may have heard this sound in the distance being bounced around and sounding as if it was coming from above?

top topics

join