It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant Tarantula

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Ya no i'm not scared of spiders but lookin at this big ass spider i think i may
need to change my jocks......

we dont have them hear in australia, but can anyone tell me if they have seen one first hand
and tell if they really this big......

big ass spider

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
I've not had one in my hand but I've seen dozens at a zoo under a glass dome. I was centimeters away from them and I can say some of them easily cover your face
I dont mind normal sized spiders but these bad boys give me some goosebumps xD

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   

If a spider, ever looks to be as big, as the one I had in my dream, then it's time worry.

Yes, I screamed like a little girl and woke up while my x was on the phone with his mother and she thought he trying to hurt me.

Now, that was funny.

He got reamed by his mother.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Tarantula are quite harmless realy, you have a much deadlier spiders in Australia.
eileenhughes.hubpages.com...

edit on 26-9-2011 by Atzil321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Atzil321

Daaaaaaamn that things got some serious fangs!!!

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   

i agree the funnel web is bad for our health... but its not as big as these ones

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Swizzy

Take a look at these
Half inch fangs with huge amounts of venom, and they are very aggressive spiders. I could never live in Australia, just the thought of sharing a house with these things brings me out in a cold sweat.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   

i aint seen one of them yet..... we also have the top ten deadly snake's.....

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
you're not supposed to see them.
Hence the trap door :p

Seriously though, mostly we just have huntsman spiders, they're the most common large spider here... plus, they like nice warm houses. Trap Doors prefer their own holes, they're ambush predators.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Atzil321
reply to post by Swizzy

Take a look at these
Half inch fangs with huge amounts of venom, and they are very aggressive spiders. I could never live in Australia, just the thought of sharing a house with these things brings me out in a cold sweat.

I'm looking at one right now
He's about to get the rolled-up magazine treatment.....

Seriously, it's not that bad here mate. How do you think 23 million of us get along each day? We don't think about it.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
We have tarantulas here, but they're not the "Goliath" variety. Ours are just about 4-5 inches across.
One evening, the cats were acting strange and I looked up to see a tarantula walking across our kitchen floor with the cats just sniffing at it respectfully. My husband captured it and took it outside, as we do with all spiders.

I haven't had any more in the house but I see them crossing the roads sometimes.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
OP's Video

I love spiders.

How can you be afraid of anything that eats all the other bugs?

"But for most people, a tarantula's bite is no worse than a bee sting"
"According to researchers, there has never been a single confirmed human death from a tarantula bite"

But then I'm phobic of cockroaches, with no logical reasoning to combat it.... so I can empathize

You can all send me your spiders, in exchange you must promise to come kill any cockroaches I might encounter
and I warn you now - I rarely see them but when I do they're as big as freakin tarantula's (at least to me!)

Pennsylvania Wood Cockroach (no picture) google it if you really want to see it

Adult males are approximately 1 inch long; females grow to about 3/4 inch long. Males are dark brown; the sides of the thorax and the front half of the wings are margined with yellow. Adult males are fully winged, while females have conspicuous wing pads (actually short wings like that of the female oriental roach), which are functionless. Wings of the male are longer than its body, while wing pads of the female cover only one-third to two-thirds of the abdomen. The males fly swiftly but do not have the ability to sustain themselves in the air for long periods

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
That is a beast of a spider!

Wouldnt want it too close haha.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I kind of like spiders. Used to be scared sh*t of them but got over it.

We don't have tarantula's where we live. Most common ones, other than daddy long legs, are
barn spiders, marsh spiders and wolf spider. All can get as big as a persons hand. Harmless tho...

We got a spider here after the hurricane that I'd never seen before. I guess maybe it blew over from another state? I don't know. I called it the potato spider because when I tried to talk to him he tucked his legs in and looked like a small potato.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Very interesting about the bite and its affect on humans! I honestly had no idea, but after watching a previous video about them - it seems like the Hairs they shake out are a lot more harmful, especially to sensitive parts of skin like your eyes.

new topics

top topics

join