It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Capturing "Rods" Using infrared.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Shirak

Ok your point being valid on UFO as they are unidentfied. However let me refine Ufo the term is obvious however times have moved on and the general the idea of ufo is what people believe to be alien in origin thats the way I look at it any way. And the speed that the rod ' phenomenon ' is purposed the move at very quick its not the kind of rate that some other non rod type cases have been recorded.

While I am not for one second suggesting this a fly or other insect I will specualte and say the 'rod' maybe the chetah of the insect variety with its multi winged like appearance making it fly fast?

I am not a debunker in any way but there is something there but i dont believe to be alien.
edit on 25-9-2011 by Whiteopz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I am very interested in the NASA footage taken near the Tether in the video where these things can be seen moving around the tether which is approx 3 km long. Ill be setting up my infrared camera to see what I can get back to the purpose of this thread. The seem to be uniform is shape movement and speed.
With that I am not going to indulge the thread hijackers by putting more energy into the argument.
I will agree that what they are is debatable for me they fit the description of UFO and until I can determine using my own documenting process what they are I will focus on Ideal method of capture of these (Atmospheric)
UFO phenomenon

With the limitations of a standard frame rate camera if I can pick one up on film I am thinking I will need a reference point not just blank sky. Using a reference point like an antenna to determine distance from the camera I should also be able to determine size depending on where they pass near the reference point.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Shirak

Yes but do you believe these creatures to be intelligant? No matter what the size they do not seem to posses intelligance.

Space could have theese creatures as a being is it really that hard to believe?

Also the tether incident the camera was well out of focus while there were objects present some of huge suggested size could not be identfied as 'Rods'

Its always good to have a proactive feedback on here people have different with different views on things.

Some members have become too established to be wrong on anything they say. I have wathced this forum for a couple of years and now decided to post my views when I am entitled I will be raising a few eye raising threads.

Peace

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whiteopz
reply to post by Shirak

Yes but do you believe these creatures to be intelligant? No matter what the size they do not seem to posses intelligance.

Space could have theese creatures as a being is it really that hard to believe?

Also the tether incident the camera was well out of focus while there were objects present some of huge suggested size could not be identfied as 'Rods'

Its always good to have a proactive feedback on here people have different with different views on things.

Some members have become too established to be wrong on anything they say. I have wathced this forum for a couple of years and now decided to post my views when I am entitled I will be raising a few eye raising threads.

Peace

To be honest I don't know what they are and whether they exhibit intelligence depends on your reference frame for intelligence. That is a philosophical remark I would leave to the philosophy forum. The ideal capture scenario is what I am trying to garner from those who have captured anomalies like this using the IR setting or night vision.
I would like to establish a base set of variables for ideal capture of the Rod type shown in the first video of this thread.
By learning what I can from those who have had the experience of capturing these I can establish a method of ideal variables to give the best evidence type. They seem to be abundant enough to be able to capture so with this in mind I ll keep monitoring this thread for those experienced ATSers who have had this phenomenon captured.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
RODS are just insects that modern cameras and digital video morphs into what some have declared as RODS. Modern visual recording devices record light under certain parameters and what is simply a fast moving BUG...becomes something visualy recreated under those digital contraints of focus and motion.
Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
This is what member Harte said in a "rod" discussion last year

Originally posted by Harte

Yes, there is no "phenomena" there to "prove."
They are bugs - usually moths, and that's that.
So, yes, "RODS" are explained.

On the other hand, nobody has explained the SHAFTS that skeptics keep getting in threads like this one.

Harte

Source

Carry on.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Mhm, nice stuff

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
So convinced of your own reality sigh nothing new under the stars for you

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

A trusted fellow researcher I know recently caught this "rod" footage while shooting with his infrared camera. I believe this footage is genuine

Yes, of genuine insects, like other rods (in my own opinion). Whether infrared or normal, this kind of footage is impossible to prove as anything other than insects, birds, etc. It's always been the issue with "rods", whether one believes they exist as unknown creatures or not.

edit on 26-9-2011 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by cripmeister
This is what member Harte said in a "rod" discussion last year

Originally posted by Harte

Yes, there is no "phenomena" there to "prove."
They are bugs - usually moths, and that's that.
So, yes, "RODS" are explained.

On the other hand, nobody has explained the SHAFTS that skeptics keep getting in threads like this one.

Harte

Source

Carry on.

What a smart alec that guy is!

Harte

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by dave0davidson
Rods have been proven to be bugs flying close by the camera.
2nd.

Sure, some rods have been proven to be insects, how is that any sort of empirical proof or explanation of the video on this thread? Why don't you identify which insect this video is supposedly of? Ignorance denied.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by skylightsintheillions
Sure, some rods have been proven to be insects, how is that any sort of empirical proof or explanation of the video on this thread? Why don't you identify which insect this video is supposedly of? Ignorance denied.

But how exactly do you identify something that's moving too fast for a video camera to capture, thus blurring and elongating it?

The explanation to them is simple. Experiment large. Grab a camera and do a long exposure shot of an airplane, preferably with its lights blinking (much like a bug is flapping its wings). Their identification is practicly impossible.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I have a theory of what rods are but I'll share it some other time.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
How come none of these "serious rod researchers" (I laugh as I type that) have wasted all this money on video equipment but are too ignorant to understand how it operates and the principles that dictate that operation. Oh well, guess what they say about a fool and his money is 100% true.

On the other hand, why don't these "serious rod researchers" (again, I laughed as I typed that) just go out and buy a freaking net? I imagine they are just smart enough to be able to properly swing a net, right?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by MainLineThis
How come none of these "serious rod researchers" (I laugh as I type that) have wasted all this money on video equipment but are too ignorant to understand how it operates and the principles that dictate that operation. Oh well, guess what they say about a fool and his money is 100% true.

On the other hand, why don't these "serious rod researchers" (again, I laughed as I typed that) just go out and buy a freaking net? I imagine they are just smart enough to be able to properly swing a net, right?

Character assassination to establish ones point of view is better than anothers.
Do you feel better now that you'vew spread the love?
Oh well haters gonna hate.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I once photographed Saturn through a telescope's ocular. I was using a low diamter refractor. Saturn appeared as a golden/yellow necklace. Maybe these rods like Saturn are stars or other orblike shapes that appear as rods as a result of aberration or whatever other?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
'Rods' have been proved to be insects over and over, I'm not quite sure why this still stands as a phenomenon with some people? Have a looksy all over the internet - these are insects/bugs filmed with equipment that doesn't have sufficient frame rate to capture a still of the wings in motion, and it makes the pattern as seen in the footage of this thread..

Show me HD/High Speed footage of a 'Rod' and THEN maybe we'll have something interesting to look into

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jimbowsk
'Rods' have been proved to be insects over and over, I'm not quite sure why this still stands as a phenomenon with some people? Have a looksy all over the internet - these are insects/bugs filmed with equipment that doesn't have sufficient frame rate to capture a still of the wings in motion, and it makes the pattern as seen in the footage of this thread..

Show me HD/High Speed footage of a 'Rod' and THEN maybe we'll have something interesting to look into

You are still using the argument metaphorically speaking; This banana is a similar shape to a boomerang so it must be a boomerang. This is not evidence this is not even true skepticism this is rehashing something you read or saw on a video. The rods I am referring to look completely different to the ones in the debunk video. Repeating something over and over does not make it so. You have no real evidence and have done no experiments yourself so your postulation is groundless.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Shirak

like repeating the claim that " rods are not insects "?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join