It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Students Arrested And Convicted For Disrupting Speech

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProphecyPhD

Really? Next time you are invited to give a speech to people who have paid for a room to hear you talk, please let me know.

I am sure I can find some folk to disrupt what ever message you have, regardless of the topic.

Would you be fine with that?

And it was ten years after 9/11.

The fact that you even mentioned 9/11 says a lot. What does anything in this thread have to do with 9/11? Oh i get it, the students practice the Muslim faith. Do you realize what you are insinuating? You just immediately thought of 9/11 because you saw some Muslims. These students were all honor students in college and they were all born in the United States.

Who cares what religion they are

Proves my point why they were convicted in the first place.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater

Really? Next time you are invited to give a speech to people who have paid for a room to hear you talk, please let me know.

I am sure I can find some folk to disrupt what ever message you have, regardless of the topic.

Would you be fine with that?

And it was ten years after 9/11.

The fact that you even mentioned 9/11 says a lot. What does anything in this thread have to do with 9/11? Oh i get it, the students practice the Muslim faith. Do you realize what you are insinuating? You just immediately thought of 9/11 because you saw some Muslims. These students were all honor students in college and they were all born in the United States.

Who cares what religion they are

Proves my point why they were convicted in the first place.

No it does not. It does prove that you are seeking to lay blame elsewhere for actions that were videotaped. And clearly broke the schools rules.

Did the DA go to far IMO, yep. But the original crime of disruption still stands and it should have been the schools job to punish or expel these students as they have done such actions in the past as noted.

Half your name is right at least.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Thats what you get for speaking up against the "almighty chosen people's land"... They are chosen by "god" and anything you say is wrong and anti-semetic... It is a crime to speak out against israel, or jewish people. But call all muslims terrorists and it's all good, patriotic free speech... good 'ol american patriot talk... BS

Israel should not have been created, israel is a cancer to this world, and israel deserves any punishment it will get.

Magnum
edit on 11/9/25 by Magnum007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Free speech is one thing; disrupting a function on private property is quite another.

If these students felt like they needed to protest his speech, they should have done it outside or after his remarks were finished. Nobody says they can't speak their mind, but there are a plethora of proper venues in which to do it. This was not one of them.

They were just being a bunch of rude A-holes, and spending some time picking up garbage or feeding the homeless will do them some good.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
have you seen at the 5:26 mark? the teacher has said they are failing there exams
i guess his a jew then.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Magnum007,

I am almost always confused, and looking at your post brings it on again.

Thats what you get for speaking up against the "almighty chosen people's land"... They are chosen by "god" and anything you say is wrong and anti-semetic... It is a crime to speak out against israel, or jewish people.
Do you think that anti-Israeli demonstrations are always broken up and criminal charges filed? Outside the building where the ambassador was speaking there was a large anti-Israel protest and no one there was arrested.

Israel should not have been created, israel is a cancer to this world, and israel deserves any punishment it will get.
What does this have to do with breaking up a speech?

Or, perhaps I've misunderstood. Did you want anybody to pay serious attention to your post? It makes more sense if you didn't.

Charles1952

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ProphecyPhD

Sorry, but I had to come back and rant just a tad bit about the entire screwed UC system

Currently....

The UC System just gave out a ton of pay raises

Yeah right (like anyone can afford that)
Meanwhile, educators are forced to take furloughs (many other state agencies as well)
Students/Families are paying an average of 5% in increases every semester (that's one of the lower numbers)...yes semester
Bill AB131!
Students aren't graduating on time by no fault of their own
Since the furloughs cause a problem, students end up attending five years instead of 4 and they (college) get an extra years tuition/fees out of the student/families (which you pretty much expect an increase in costs). Of course many colleges are doing this but I think the UC System and Cal State should be investigated. Their frequent increase in cost seems suspicious to me and so f'n unnecessary! The enormous scale of the cost increases are astounding!

WHAT HIPPOCRISY
The nerve

Link

Sorry ....this situation with these students just irks me and sheds more light on the corrupt UC and Cal State systems. IMO, the UC's are the worst. As a matter of fact, many of the colleges across the US are financially raping students and families. Someone has really got to put a stop to this! Students have been suing, but they're not getting anywhere.
edit on 9/25/11 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Order of Operations:
1.Manhater makes the accusation that 9/11 is the cause (probably meant the anniversary).
2. TDawgRex states that it was too long ago for that excuse (10 years ago).
3. ProphecyPhD attacks TDawgRex for instigating something.
4. TDawgRex points out where the blame belongs.
5. ...awaiting reply.
:

I apologize to TDawgRex and everyone else reading this thread.

I was raised much better than that

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Ahhh I see how America works now...

You guys have the right to free speech, which you defend with your lives, yet when a group of muslim men try to prevent others for exercising their constitutional right to free speech by disrupting their public gathering (is that also not another one of your const rights?), the muslim men are the victims... ?

No sense of irony there? No?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by noonebutme

You guys have the right to free speech, which you defend with your lives, yet when a group of muslim men try to prevent others for exercising their constitutional right to free speech by disrupting their public gathering (is that also not another one of your const rights?), the muslim men are the victims... ?

Muslim is a religion not an ethnicity or a country.

The Muslim students were born and raised in America (that means they are American)

The speaker was paid with the Muslim students money

The speaker is not an American so 1st amendment rights do not apply to him.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Really? Your 1st ammendment only applies to native/naturalised citizens of the US (within the US)?

That I didn't know.

What's wrong with "muslim men"? Are they not muslim? I was catagorising them by religion, not race or ethinicity as anyone can be muslim. I could have said Islamists but that has a negative connotation these days.
edit on 26-9-2011 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
If you are paying money to go to an event, don't you think you have the right to speak at that event and have your say? Obviously, peacefully.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by noonebutme

The speaker is not an American so 1st amendment rights do not apply to him.

Common courtesy does.

But that isn't part of their playbook is it? No, they're growing up to be petulant bullies just like their big brothers in Palestine.

Little Brother Palestinian Student: We don't like what you have to say, so we won't let you say it. There will be no debate, we'll just shout you down so nothing productive can be gained.

Big Brother Hamas: Do what we say or we'll bomb your neighborhoods and kill your children on school buses.

The Palestinians have proven that they have no interest in debating issues and eventually coming to a peaceful settlement. EVERY time a deal has been close, the Palestinian government pushes away from the table and launches a new round of violence. They are following Mohammed's example of dealing deceitfully with their enemies the Jews. He would be so proud.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Question: Was the original offense Muslim against Israel? Was it just a coincidence that the 10 men who did this were all Muslim because their Christian, Jewish, Atheist, etc. friends couldn't make it?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
If you are paying money to go to an event, don't you think you have the right to speak at that event and have your say? Obviously, peacefully.

No they don't have a right to interrupt the speaker's remarks by shouting him down. What about all of the other people who paid to attend the event? What about their right to hear a message that they paid to hear? It would have been proper for them to ask him questions in a civilized tone after his remarks were concluded, or to debate him in a different venue, but they were there to cause trouble plain and simple.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
So much hatred on both sides here.

What yould interest me, and should be THE question:

Is there a law which forbids interrupting a speech ?
Please enlighten me.

No law -- no conviction.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
svetlana84,

They were convicted for disturbing an assembly and conspiracy to do so. The law is quoted in the last post of page one in this thread.

Charles1952

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
thanks charles1952 for clarifying, sorry missed your post.

over and out.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

But that isn't part of their playbook is it? No, they're growing up to be petulant bullies just like their big brothers in Palestine.

Little Brother Palestinian Student: We don't like what you have to say, so we won't let you say it. There will be no debate, we'll just shout you down so nothing productive can be gained.

Big Brother Hamas: Do what we say or we'll bomb your neighborhoods and kill your children on school buses.

The Palestinians have proven that they have no interest in debating issues and eventually coming to a peaceful settlement. EVERY time a deal has been close, the Palestinian government pushes away from the table and launches a new round of violence. They are following Mohammed's example of dealing deceitfully with their enemies the Jews. He would be so proud.

Your post was filled with racism and defined the exact reason why these students were arrested. You speak of Palestinians and the Palestinian government as if these students are direct representatives of them. These students were and are AMERICANS. You judge them like you know them personally but in all actuality all you are doing is stereotyping them.

These are American college students that attend an American university in America! Further more they all are honor roll students. You seem to hate them because their ancestors are from Palestine and because their political views differ from your own.

Have you ever been to Palestine? Please give me one example of Palestinians interfering with or personally affecting your life. How can you hate people who you have never even met that have never done anything personally to you? Thats like hating Tiger Woods because he cheated on his wife and then labeling all golfers "no -good cheating bastards".

American is an idea not a race. Americans are many different races. Some are even (gasp) of Palestinian decent.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Please show me where in the constitution you have the right to prevent someone else from exercising their right to freedom of speech!

They could have gathered outside the building where a speech was being given and said whatever they wanted and the police would not have done anything.

Instead, they conspired, as shown by emails, to deprive another person of their right to free speech. Please try to see the difference.

They could rent a room and hold their own press conference and say what ever they want. However if a bunch of KKK conspired to disrupt their speech, then the KKK would be in the wrong.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join