It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did the recent Solar Flare cause Problems with your Hi Tech Devices or Services?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I've been up since 6 this morning, TV satelite (Shaw) is good, and internet satelite (xplornet) is also good. No problems at all here in central east Saskatchewan. No glitches in anything.

It has been awfully hot for the last couple of days, over 30 celcius.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I'm in Kentucky,got up about 9 am and everything is fine here.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Ok, we are in the same time zone and not really too far apart either. When the disturbance occurred for me was right around 5.50-6a EST. Things were back to normal few hours later. M aybe you missed it or it simply didn't happen where you are - pr anywhere for that matter.

It is still suspect to see the number of people reporting issues today, out of the small number of replies.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Here in Los Angeles, I'm an AT&T subscriber for mobile service and I was without service for most of yesterday, no Cell, no Texting.. However Data did work, so go figure. The times I experienced trouble began at1100am and continued until around 900pm. My phone didn't work near Downtown LA, near Baldwin Hills, or near The beverly Center/Wilshire areas, basically everywhere I went yesterday. There are two other ATT subscribers i know of who also experienced lapses in service where phone and text didn't work. also in the metro LA area, including Inglewood and Carson areas. None of my verizon or sprint or even Metro PCS having friends experienced any difficulties with their phones...that I know of...

I was thinking maybe the network was being attackd by lulzsec, I read something about them plotting something this weekend, also, I didn't see much along the the lines of there being geomagnetic storm, I keep my eye on spaceweather as well.

however there's this on HAARP : 137.229.36.30...

indicating some kind of geomagnetic distrubance which thier instruments could pick up, so maybe the source isn't hackers or the sun but something strange going on with mother earth here, maybe it's all 3?

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
No problems here in Central Texas USA; but, earlier today I was perturbed because I can't "update" this bookmark. It's the magnetosphere site and 22 Sept 2011 seems to have been then last run. I can't find out why they stopped.

www2.nict.go.jp...

Maybe they lost funding or something, I have no idea and still can't find out what stopped them.

Related? Possibly.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by balanc3

Thanks for the reply. Well, whether it is solar flare related or not, something seems to have affected a lot of services in the past days & hours.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

I suppose all things are possible, but I really don't know enough about what you are talking about. If it sounds plausible to you, then there may be something more to be researched.

Thanks for the reply

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
all things in southern ontario are running fine
had a power glitch yesterday

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
My laptop is reseting time and date since yesterday.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I did research it before I posted above, and came up empty handed.

They are back now though! They came back 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours ago.

I think the "coincidence" that the solar warning was for: "Sept. 26 at 14:10 UT (+/- 7 hours) X1.9 solar flare - glancing blow - from sunspot 1302" and they went down about the time of the 22nd solar event and stayed down through MOST of the time for this event today.

I'm GUESSING they shut it down to protect equipment; but, it seems this would be the time they'd want to take the risk ... to get the data which pertains to them.

OR ... did they shut it down so we couldn't see what the statistics actually were from today's and the last few day's solar events?

Either way, I figure we'll never know the answers.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I see some ATS posts about it now www.abovetopsecret.com... and they got a reply saying it was shut down due to a power issue.

Odd, that's the same EXCUSE the site gave last Spring during a near identical set of events.

I think the power issue is called "unplugged".

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

Sure it does.... no to all of them, and yes to others.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
In Australia on the east coast at Byron Bay latitude at least ...the satellite TV went out at approx 1700hrs instead of the usual approx 0400 hrs .
Only for a few seconds but long enough for the receiver to go into auto reboot mode.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join