It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth Population to Hit 7 Billion On Halloween

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Earth Population to Hit 7 Billion On Halloween

www.huffingtonpost.com

You should expect more than ghosts, spirits and candy when Halloween arrives this year. On October 31, 2011, the world will welcome its seven billionth person, according to the United Nations Population Fund.

Reaching such a large global population would have fascinated 19th century theorist Thomas Malthus. According to the Financial Times, Malthus argued -- at a time when the world's population was under 1 billion -- the birth rate had to be lowered to prevent the famine and violence that would come with overpopulation.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Well this is my first post on ATS so hopefully I constructed it right. I really can't believe that in just 12 years the world's population went up another billion. It seems that in our life time we may see a dangerous increase in the world's population.

From what I have learned, the Earth will only be able to support around 12-13 billion people. This number seems like it would appear sooner than people think.

According to the article, many places with a shortage of food and supplies may be having the most trouble with an increased population. I mean if their having food shortages now with the current population, I can't imagine how they are going to live when the Earth's population reaches numbers like 12 or 13 billion.

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Also sorry if this has been posted, I have searched around but couldn't find anything saying that the world population would reach 7 billion on Halloween.
edit on 25-9-2011 by Greensquad414 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I think you did a good job on this post.

Don't worry about the population growth, the Buildergergers are on the case! The plan is to throw lots of money at problems like over pop and climate change. Haven't you ever gotten rid of rain clouds by throwing $100 bills at it before?

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

No.. but I got rid of my ex wife by throwing 100 dollar bills at a mysterious stranger..

Just kidding I took care of it myself.

Double just kidding, never married ; P

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
I think you did a good job on this post.

Don't worry about the population growth, the Buildergergers are on the case! The plan is to throw lots of money at problems like over pop and climate change. Haven't you ever gotten rid of rain clouds by throwing $100 bills at it before?

Thanks, I've been a long time lurker on ATS and I wanted to start to contribute for a change.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

No. But you can throw $100s into cloud seeding or other weather manipulation projects.

Just like you can spend money on any number of programs, wars, or propaganda to decrease the population.

One lady was actually going around to Drug addicts in the UK, and offering them money to become sterilized.

edit on 25-9-2011 by IndieA because: sp.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
One of my favorites...

Bill Gates Admitting Vaccines Are Used for Depopulation

Dehumanized humans wanting to depopulate the planet of humans, makes perfect sense.
edit on 25-9-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
i was just thinking how many condoms are being sold on the planet, i mean if it weren't for condoms we would have hit 20 billion by now ?

Go Go Go Trojan

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Congratulations on an excellent first thread!

Now, on topic, I think it bears mentioning this about the organization and how they present their data:

The work of the UNFPA involves promotion of the right of every woman, man and child to enjoy a life of health and equal opportunity. This is done through major national and demographic surveys and with poulation censuses. The data generated is used to create programmes to reduce poverty and address issues concerning the rights of particular minority population groups. One of their aims is to ensure that "every pregnancy is wanted, every birth is safe, every young person is free of HIV and sexually transmitted diseases, and every girl and woman is treated with dignity and respect"

Considering that "...One of their aims is to ensure that "every pregnancy is wanted" ..." is explicitly stated in their objectives, I am inclined to think the intent behind their presentation is towards the ends of justifying the belief that we will, and are fast approaching, an unsustainable population size.

In and of itself, this is a sound concern, and one that any civilization has to consider.

However, they fail, as usual, to include the actual factors that make the term "unsustainable" have true meaning.

12 to 13 billion as a limit is based upon the idea that our technology will not improve, our ecological load-bearing capacity will continue to exploited as it is today, and our governance and social model can be predicted to impose a controlled status quo. It also neglects to include essential caveats, as in, "barring unknown or unforeseen changes in the environment," or "given that population distribution does not change." These are vital considerations.

It is the unattributed factors that give me pause when reacting to these publications.

Nevertheless, this is an excellent topic for discussion.
edit on 25-9-2011 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by cerebralassassins

all joking aside, you are absolutely right on the money with that. And think of how many other B.C.'s have helped as well. 7 bil. is a lot of people, but I don't buy the whole global warming thing, especially due to peoples emissions. Not if we can actually sustain up to 12-13 bil. on this rock. Bill Gates is just down right scary as well, he's got an evil plan brewing thats for sure.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
This is why we need to start seriously considering colonizing space! It's absolutely necessary for our species to live as long as possible. Earth is a fantastic planet for all of us mammals with the most beautiful ecosystems, but I think she's had quite enough of us and our overpopulating. We can always start building up, as opposed to out, and creating artificial sources of oxygen when the population needs more than what Earth naturally provides, building farm towers, etc. etc., but that's only aiding to the problem of overpopulation.

I found these awesome Bionic Arch Echo Towers, which I think are a fantastic concept and could be applied to several other facets of providing what we need to survive--no matter the population. Just depends on how much the Earth is willing to let us get away with and for how long

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
It looks like our carp industry will be booming before too long.

Illinois Launches Asian Carp Anti-Hunger Program
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The food is there. You just can't be picky if you are hungry.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Greensquad414

The United Nations Population Fund seems committed to "civilized population" reduction - I suspect they know about the back-up strategies waiting in the wings. …and about Thomas Malthus.

Malthusian Eugenics

Margaret Sanger aligned herself with the eugenicists whose ideology prevailed in the early 20th century. Eugenicists strongly espoused racial supremacy and "purtiy"," particularly of the "Aryan" race. Eugenicists hoped to purify the bloodlines and improve the race by encouraging the "fit" to reproduce and the "unfit" to restrict their reproduction. They sought to contain the "inferior" races through segregation, sterilization, birth control and abortion.

Sanger embraced Malthusian eugenics. Thomas Robert Malthus, a 19th century cleric and professor of political economy, believed a population time bomb threatened the existence of the human race. He viewed social problems such as poverty, deprivation and hunger as evidence of this "population crisis." According to writer George Grant, Malthus condemned charities and other forms of benevolence, because he believed they only exacerbated the problems. His answer was to restrict population growth of certain groups of people. His theories of population growth and economic stability became the basis for national and international social policy. Grant quotes from Malthus’ magnum opus, An Essay on the Principle of Population, published in six editions from 1798 to 1826:

All children born, beyond what would be required to keep up the population to a desired level, must necessarily perish, unless room is made for them by the deaths of grown persons. We should facilitate, instead of foolishly and vainly endeavoring to impede, the operations of nature in producing this mortality.

A key program of the eugenicists was cleansing the human race by sterilizing the "unfit." By 1931, sterilization laws had been enacted in 27 states in the United States, and by 1935 sterilization laws had been enacted in Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Switzerland and Germany. But the efficiency of the German eugenicists caused trouble.

… After Hitler had killed millions of people, including one third of the Jews in the world, he lost the war. The name of his political party became and remains one of the most offensive words in the language, and ideas that are tightly associated with him are universally condemned. So the idea of building a master race became extremely unpopular. However, the eugenics movement did not die.

Great first thread, btw. S&F&

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

Relax we won't get to 10 billion. Humans never learn the leason on wars. Anyway the elite have a whole bag of tricks to cut down the population to keep the numbers of sheeple inslaved to a manageible number. Can't over populate the planet it would cut into there percentage of timeline resources.

Plus there are various factions of elite which war and sceam against each other, just take a few minutes and look around you'll find all manners of elite reptiles fighting amongst themselves to hold the most power over the masses.

Heck in the end humans are just food..

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Great first thread & topic OP! starred and flagged.

Videos like the one with bill gates only reaffirms my stance on not taking any vaccines, period.
never know what you are getting really these days! even the doctors themselves have no real clue what they might be administrating imo

I point to the Georgia Guidestones for further proof & conviction,say no more.
More info- the Message of the Georgia Guidestones

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
The Earth is far from full, not just land but a huge percent of water we have yet to colonize which will happen before space I think. I expect cities floating across oceans and perhaps other planets eventually if we aren’t gone by then.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
*Double*
edit on 25-9-2011 by OwenGP185 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Greensquad414

Thanks everyone for complimenting on my first news submission
. Soon, I hope to make topics like this one in the near future.

top topics

join