It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sports Discussion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Hello all...

Check out the new site I helped my son build:
www.sportztawk.com...

He's starting college in the fall with an eye toward the business side of sports. He's always been involved in many sports discussion forums, and we built this one yesterday.

It's running on the same server and XMB code-base that will eventually launch the new ATS 2.0. So it's also a nice preview of the performance boost we'll get in a couple weeks.

There's only 4 members now, so give the kid a break and sign up!

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 11:17 AM
link   
What college is he going to?

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 01:13 PM
link   
CUNY (City University of New York)

He's accepted. There are several colleges within the system... he's still working out which has the best MBA path for his career ideas.

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Thanks William, I just registered. I'm a huge sports fan and look forward to discussing on his forum. I hope your son takes it a little easier on me than you! J/K!

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Oh come-on... I'm really a nice guy.

Dunno about those Flyers though... being from Buffalo, and still part-time Sabres fan... the Flyers were the team we loved to hate.

Great cul finals in the '70's though... what year was that agian?

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Hey William.... great site
. I just registered today and Im looking forward to posting.

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by William
Great cup finals in the '70's though... what year was that agian?

That was in 1975, the second year of back-2-back Stanley Cups for the Flyers. I'm sure they were great games, Philly had that great goalie Bernie Parent and you guys had the French Connection. I have family just north of Buffalo and they are Sabres fans so we go back and forth all the time!

That '75 finals had the fog games in Buffalo because of their air conditioning:

"When the fog returned during Thursday's game, which Buffalo won 4-2 to tie the championship series at two games apiece, the Sabre management unveiled a revolutionary new system for fog control; they had five teams of arena attendants, each armed with a bedsheet, skate around the ice and wave off the fog voodoo-style. "When are the Martians landing?" Parent asked."

P.S. If any of you are interested in sports, I encourage you to check out the forum, it's really nice!

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Ah yes... '75... I was 15.

The fog cup series is Buffalo legend.

There's a famous photo from behind Bernie. You can see his body-language as he's struggling to see what's going on past the blue line... which is nothing more that indistinct dark shapes in the fog.

In those days, the Buffalo War Memorial auditorium didn't have air conditioning... it was rarely used past April.

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I'll have to check it out.

Wonder if he has an international sports section...where us Kiwis and Aussies (and other hardmen) can talk about REAL sports like Rugby and Rugby League...not those namby pamby games where ya wear helmets and body-armour like ya can't take a decent hit without 'em...I mean come on...whats a bit of blood, broken bones and brain damage between friends

Peace,
ALIEN

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Yup... he's got an international section... ready for all your Rugby and Hurling manly men.

posted on Apr, 8 2003 @ 02:43 AM
link   
It's got everything you can think of that is sports-related, all the way down to bar games. You should really check it out.

posted on Apr, 8 2003 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Great site William

All you sport fans its a must see

posted on Apr, 8 2003 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Tell Ben what you think... I merely supplied him with the software and server... he did the rest. He's really putting alot of energy into it and really enjoys talking about almost any sport.

top topics

join