It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA: UARS satellite plunged "somewhere in the Pacific Ocean". Was that REALLY a satellite??

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I had expected up to the minute updates from NASA in regards to location and altitude and a video or picture of the debris field at most a few hours after impact. There are a hell lot of other satellites out there, don't tell me they couldn't track it with those. Also don't tell me they couldn't have a bunch of drones flying around its flight path tracking it.

At least we know what to expect if a asteroid or meteor of significant size was to impact the earth.

And yes it was a satellite. They either suck at tracking them or don't want to tell us anything.
edit on 9/24/2011 by kaleshchand because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

The satellite went nowhere near Poland on its last orbit.
www.nasa.gov...

Yes, like the video from "Canada" it looks just like sky lanterns. Not a re-entering satellite.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
While I think it is odd that NASA says they have no clue where it landed or when it landed, I think it was the satellite coming down and landing here last night and nothing more. NASA says that it landed in the Northern Pacific Ocean, but they are unsure where, I would think they know exactly where it landed, and they probably do. Why aren't they telling us? Who knows ?? ...... but it is NASA.

Does that mean there were not an Alien Armada of space crafts flown over Earth last night, well I don't know, but I do know I didn't see any of them, didn't even get to see UARS.

I don't think UARS falling had anything to do with Alien spacecraft, or an asteroid or Elenin
I think it was just a defunct satellite that needed to come down, and we get to do this again next month when ROSAT comes down!!

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

www.nasa.gov...

Yes, like the video from "Canada" it looks just like sky lanterns. Not a re-entering satellite.

That video was utter rubbish...lights! , camera!, action!...it wasn't even burning up. some grill, type thing and three lights...shame!!!!....have posted what my spin is on another forum and basically waiting for NASA's reply...yes they were a bit evasive this afternoon and I am sure they are picking up debris...Whether it's 4 hrs from me in Calgary...Frankly I don't care...my only regard is that as far as we know no one was killed and my personal opinion...Could be Northern Pacific, could be near Calgary...that would give the 500km radius...and could be Africa...Three locations.....
Such conspirational goings on on ATS tonight!!!...I can't get onto the thread about someone 'finding?'a piece on their farm and it just says 'new thread'...Is that because I am not considered good enough to post or a glitch?..oooh how I would like to post up on there...gray area...
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Jools

No. The thread is closed because it is a hoax.
Read through it...keyword "Superman".

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

www.nasa.gov...

According to AGI model, the alleged satellite passed over Europe, nearest Poland, some orbits before the reentry. As far as it went towards North America, it's plausible that the same odd formation was recorded both in Gdansk and Alberta. Since you AGREED that they have identical pattern and since I really doubt that sky lanterns could travel that fast from one continent to another, we have something that was no burning satellite and looked like a UFO fleet, flying in the same orbit as the alleged satellite. Hmmmm.....
edit on 9/24/2011 by 1AnunnakiBastard because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Remind me to invest in sky lanterns. They seem to be quite the hot item these days. No pun intended.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Which brings us all back too,
a famous english astronomer,,
from the 1700's??

who wrote an account of,,
The Passing of Apothus a comet,,

or something like that,,
the eye witness accounts,, are quite,
facinasting,,

and very
as Yogi would say,
its like deja vue,,,
all over again,

lol

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Why are people questioning this and making conspiracy theories about it?
Because the story does not add up.
We know that they have thermal cameras on other satellites, we know that they were tracking it and knew where it was, we know that they can see our license plates from space, but they don't know where these flaming chunks of metal landed? Please!!!

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1AnunnakiBastard

Jonathan McDowell of the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics said the spacecraft entered the atmosphere around 12:15 a.m. EDT over the coast of Washington.

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

I know a satelite is a type of spacecraft but i think the word makes you think more of a spaceship than a satelite, maybe it's just me but i think the use of this word is interesting.

I'm not saying i believe it was a spaceship though, i don't really know what to think, the story just doesn't seem to add up. I think we're just getting half truths!

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I have not come across anything that would suggest that this was not what they reported it to be, an old satellite, they do burn up and fall down to the earth from time to time. What safer place for it to fall than the Pacific.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by djz3ro

Not to mention the psychobabble about the "satellite" have slowed down due to "atmospheric anomalies caused by intense solar activity". Well, one week before or so, the Soyuz TMA-21 undocked from the ISS, carrying the 3 astronauts of Expedition 28/29 and it landed in Kazakhstan within the expected timing. How come NASA satellite "slowed down"??

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1AnunnakiBastard
reply to post by djz3ro

Not to mention the psychobabble about the "satellite" have slowed down due to "atmospheric anomalies caused by intense solar activity". Well, one week before or so, the Soyuz TMA-21 undocked from the ISS, carrying the 3 astronauts of Expedition 28/29 and it landed in Kazakhstan within the expected timing. How come NASA satellite "slowed down"??

These are things we do not ask.
Nasa might need more funding

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join