It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA: UARS satellite plunged "somewhere in the Pacific Ocean". Was that REALLY a satellite??

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
The official statement of U.S. Air Force's Joint Space Operations Center and NASA, is that the UARS satellite plunged "somewhere in the Pacific Ocean", between 11:23 p.m. EDT and 1:09 a.m. EDT, but they don't know the exact location.

There's a video on YT, from Australia, supposedly showing several debris of the satellite crossing the sky.

I don't know... Was that really debris of this satellite, or a fleet of UFOs??? What NASA was expecting to enter in Earth's atmosphere, was really an old satellite??? Or they made this whole thing up, to cover up something else?? What maybe explains why they had no clue where it could land and still don't know where it landed. Maybe is premature talking about a decoy, but there will be no surprise if this whole UARS story was a bunk.

edit on 9/24/2011 by 1AnunnakiBastard because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
It really makes me wonder was that Elenin crashing to earth ? More and more I'm doubting if that was a satellite

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

Why do you waste your time on such fringe speculations? What do you suggest? Nothing in physics can be trusted but a conspiracy delude can be more competent on studies outside of his discipline? BTW, what do you do for a living? How can you even trust your alarm clock to get you up to go to work (if you do in fact have a profession)?

Nothing is real, every source lies to you but yours, everyone is hoaxed but you, yada yada yada.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I was 'tracking' this satellite and joined in some of the threads here all during last night and early hours. I think that this all ended in an anti climax because everyone felt so 'involved' in the 'landing' of it and nothing appeared to satisfy the wait.

Todays news from GOOGLE

www.telegraph.co.uk...

It is not really precise enough for anyone who felt they had a vested interest in watching the Satellite but this is the outcome of it according to many sources and including Nasa. I am feeling that there are probably reasons why exact information is not given out but likely from a protective and 'owness' level rather than anything secretive. However, when you wait for hours to 'see whats going to happen' its true to say there was hardly a big 'splash' when it reportedly came down before many of us were really clear about it.

I do see your point though.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

Holy # dude relax...go take a deep breath and clear your head...off too a bad start today it seems.

Anyway, OP, I think it is interesting however and a bit odd as to why the two videos and various reports about this object seem to contradict eachother.

I look foward to any developments.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heartisblack
It really makes me wonder was that Elenin crashing to earth ? More and more I'm doubting if that was a satellite

I'm looking forward to see more videos, but that bright dots spotted in Australia don't look like burning debris to me.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
the second video sucks,the only tthing i seen was what looked like a house with three lights on,and a car in the driveway. and that was for only 20 seconds!the rest of the video is black!

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic

Why do you waste your time on such fringe speculations? What do you suggest? Nothing in physics can be trusted but a conspiracy delude can be more competent on studies outside of his discipline? BTW, what do you do for a living? How can you even trust your alarm clock to get you up to go to work (if you do in fact have a profession)?

Nothing is real, every source lies to you but yours, everyone is hoaxed but you, yada yada yada.

In case you forgot to take your pills and your disturbed temper is making you fuzzy, besides highly aggressive, and in case you haven't noticed, it's a CONSPIRACY FORUM. If you wanna stick to the mainstream explanations given by TPTB, better you go some other website. UNLESS your bizarre aggressive tone is 'cos I'm onto something???

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

I have no time for foolishness, as you shouldn't either, if you had a real job, I mean profession.

The thing touched down a half a day ago and what is left of Elenin is documented as still being in space.

What is the point of this thread again?

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Saying we don't have the tech to track this thing precisely is so BS! Maybe NASA does not have the capability, but I know the Air Force does. We have all these high tech satellites and weaponry, and still no way to track something like this? C'mon!!! Weather it's a satellite or UFO we know where it went.

well................at least they do.....
edit on 24/9/11 by gunshooter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic

I have no time for foolishness, as you shouldn't either, if you had a real job, I mean profession.

The thing touched down a half a day ago and what is left of Elenin is documented as still being in space.

What is the point of this thread again?

First off I didn't say these debris were ELENIN. Somebody else said it. Besides fuzzy and aggressive, you also have attention disturbances. And I see how much time you don't have for this thread... Are you still here???

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by gunshooter
Saying we don't have the tech to track this thing precisely is so BS! Maybe NASA does not have the capability, but I know the Air Force does. We have all these high tech satellites and weaponry, and still no way to track something like this? C'mon!!! Weather it's a satellite or UFO we know where it went.

well................at least they do.....
edit on 24/9/11 by gunshooter because: (no reason given)

All these contradictions suggest even more that NASA/USAF are not telling the truth about this satellite. IF it was a satellite.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

This whole thing is quite suspicious in my opinion. All day, yesterday, I tried to track the UARS through the many websites, and I couldn't get on 'cuz they were all so busy.

Then on my local NBC ch7, 6:00 News they announced that we, in San Diego, would be able to see a "firey show in the sky" at 7:45 - 8:00. So I made an ATS post alerting local ATSers' of the event, which was only an hour or so away. As I was outside watching at the said time, my neighbors told me that NASA had "postponed" the event until 3AM.

I went back to the NBC website and, low and behold, they had taken the article down and my link to Vandenberg Airforce Field, provided by NBC, no longer worked. DAMN you NBC!

Then this morning I hear it was over California at 11:30 PM???? But it landed in the Pacific around 1:00AM? Since it was heading easterly, that's a fast orbit, isn't it?

I can't believe that Canadian video in the OP is the sattelite breaking up, it's just incredible....I don't know what to think, but the official story doesn't make sense to me, but I'm no scientist. :puz

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
This has turned into a game of finding Waldo.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
People who think UARS is not a satellite must be very "high"...
Please people stop drugs and get a life...

Another dumb post and i have no respect for the OP who claims stuff like this... You just try too put fear in the world of frightened people...

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

This is a conspiracy site where like minded people explore different possible issues and outcomes of news story's and events, why are you a member if you can't entertain other possibilities and just debunk anything outside of the explanations presented by the lying elite. Not everything is a conspiracy,agreed, but it is interesting to speculate ratherthan just poke fun at any one who offers an alternative view point, yadda yadda yadda!

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Perhaps this whole disinformation about where it was passing over and where it could land, is 'cos it was changing direction and was no satellite.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by maritimo69
People who think UARS is not a satellite must be very "high"...
Please people stop drugs and get a life...

Another dumb post and i have no respect for the OP who claims stuff like this... You just try too put fear in the world of frightened people...

Assuming you're having some difficulties of reasoning, I didn't say the UARS is NOT a satellite. I did say that what NASA was expecting was NOT the UARS and the alleged satellite was a decoy for something else. Can you see the difference or do I need to draw??

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
UARS was a scientific research satellite. Nothing more, nothing less. I remember observing this over a decade ago when I used to track satellites on a regular basis (I managed to see over 600 of them, including tumbling booster rockets that put some of them into orbit).

I understand exactly how Illustronic feels. People keep posting crazy ideas on this forum, without any convincing reasons to back them up. Why is it so difficult to believe that this was just a satellite? Why is it so difficult to accept that C/2010 X1 Elenin is just a comet? Why does everything have to be a conspiracy to hide "the truth" from the public. It's ridiculous.

edit on 24-9-2011 by Mogget because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
"Maybe is premature talking about a decoy, but there will be no surprise if this whole UARS story was a bunk."

What do you mean no surprise? When has something like that EVER happened?! Which makes it very very very very unlikely that something like this is true, therefore making it very surprising.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join