It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Generator ‘Breaks The Laws Of Physics’ and that's why it can't be patented?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by N3k9Ni
reply to post by Rockpuck

This has been tried for centuries.

For centuries, indeed.The Bessler Wheel

The easiest explanation for the Bessler mystery is that some form of external power moved the wheel through a hidden mechanism. If we assume that Bessler had a free hand to install his wheels in extreme secrecy, it becomes conceivable that he adopted such a scheme. The power could have come from a confederate turning a crank, a falling weight, or a tightly wound spring. Bessler might have easily put together a deception of this kind at his own house, but to do so at the Castle Weissenstein would have involved various architectural problems, and posed a great risk of detection. By all accounts, those who inspected the machine always went away satisfied that the bearings were open and free from any suspicion. Hundreds of competent, honest, impartial people carefully examined every aspect of the machine, looking specifically for the slightest sign of fraud, and none was ever found.

Gottfried Teuber (1656 - 1731) Court Cleric and Mathematician
Viewed the one-directional wheel in 1714

"It is a hollow wheel of wood, ten feet in diameter and six inches thick. It is covered by thin wooden planks to hide the internal mechanism. The axle is also wooden, and extends one foot beyond the wheel. It has three teeth which are for moving three wooden stamps similar to those used in pounding mills. The stamps are quite heavy and are lifted and dropped continuously. The iron journals move in open bearings so as to show that neither deception nor an external energy supply are necessary to the machine's motion. Having made an appointment with the inventor, we approached the machine and noticed that it was secured by a cord to the rim of the wheel. Upon the cord being released, the machine began to rotate with great force and noise, maintaining its speed without increasing or decreasing it for some considerable time. To stop the wheel and retie the cord required tremendous effort."

For those to lazy to read. Bessler Video
edit on 25-9-2011 by talklikeapirat because: as if

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
Why I am I not surprised you don't understand, of course it doesn't make sense to someone whose level it is way above.

and

Yeah cause the solar system is really plugged into a giant electrical outlet and that's what powers it ...Sigh! The fact that it is self perpetuating is just non-sense

and

Idiots and fools mock and deride but the truth is always true.

and

I always get a kick out of the smugness of those who can't see past thier own ignorance...

If only your knowledge was matched by your towering arrogance. There are so many things wrong with your statements that I'm thankful they've already been addressed. Seriously, open a textbook before opening your mouth, intelligent discussion isn't about making stuff up as you go along, it requires all parties to be informed.

edit on 25-9-2011 by john_bmth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Make energy that produces work free and you change the game.

Ever heard the expression "There's no such thing as a free lunch"... No matter what improvements there are in energy production, it takes people to work, build, maintain the systems. Which requires payment. Electricity is not going to be free, anytime soon.

Here's a thought. Food that grows in the forest (berries, etc.) is free. How many forest berries have you eaten lately?

Dude, I've had plenty of free lunches and we regularly eat fruit and berries from the forest.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by RogerT

Well done you for taking an idiom literally. How does that in any way validate "over unity" (which is what perpetual motion machines are)?

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
BUMP

Thank Jude,

I have not seen this one before, but was very keen on this subject some years ago.

Definately there is an history, or repressing, buying out or stopping new energy technologies for many decades by the Military Industrial Complex.

To know of Tesla and what happened to him is enough to show with providence this an actual area that is discredited and kept down.

Going to watch the vids now again to get some more details, digging thanks.

Elf

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
The Wells Journal has seen the machine in action, and it does appear to work. The tiny motor should not be powerful enough to keep the machine turning once it is started with a light push – but it does.

It's a wobbly thing that spins when attached to an electric motor that is powered by a car battery. Which one of the laws of physics do you think it breaks?

Seriously, the "inventor" is just having some fun with the local newspaper.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
There is nothing that says a patent is required to produce an product, all the patent does is provide3 a monopoly on the design. Why on earth would anyone want this patented? If the CT's are true, then as soon as the patent is issued, an energy company will purchase it and then shelve it. My advice is to place it under a GPL/copyleft type license, and sell the plans for a reasonable sum. Then the information is out and beyond the control of a government/corporate interest which would allow development to proceed without hindrance. Another option would be to franchise the plans allowing companies to manufacture the product and allow the inventor to profit from his work.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by BigBruddah
The design just doesn't seem feasible for it to work... But the real problem is that if it does work then why can't they get a patent? Why would they make a machine that uses perpetual motion illegal to build?

it's not illegal to build, they aren't granting a patent.

So what, I say build em and sell them, and everyone copy it, and get free(ish) energy if it works. No patents=No ability for one corporation to control/suppress them (machines)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
It doesn't seem to create every from nothing to me.

Judging by the video it looks like it is recycling energy from the motor, and also using the energy called (wait for it)... Gravity, notice those weights that flip back and forth, they will provide enough energy to overcome what the motor can't

So in reality energy is not just created out of nothing but just converting two forms of energy into just obe usable form, yes o know some of you will fight this idea, but that's what ur paid to do

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

boncho? You ok?

I was expecting to see one of your humorous remarks.

Something along the lines of...

"Someone arrest that man and impound his machine...he's breaking the law!"

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
If it actually works as advertised, and the patent office refuses to put a patent on it.

Next step give it away. Put the plans ALL OVER the Internet. Not just one site. I mean EVERYWHERE.

The Government can shut down one site, two sites even ten sites but thousands of sites all over the world they can't shut down.

Let the people create their own power and see if our government will shut down the internet to keep the plans from getting out?

I am afraid that if the creator announces every step he may not get a chance to get it out... Silence is golden, then broadcast everywhere and loudly.

If you own property and you can generate your own electricity and have well water and home school your children this government will go after you and take your property. It has been done time after time, just read the NEWS!!!! All over the US.

This Administration if promoting Green Jobs yet its policies are going after all non Liberals who are making Green Work... Again All over the NEWS...

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
In the US at least, inorder to get a patent on perpetual motion machines you have to have a working prototype. A drawing or sketch won't do.

My guess is that he's not measuring the output energy correctly. The problem with most generators is retrieving energy from the system since that's where most of your motion or energy is lost. A magnet spinning on top of a super conductor is a perpetual motion machine, but you can't use that motion to do any work since you can only retrieve the same amount of energy you put into it.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by choppedbrisket
Could it be that the wobble of the machine is integral in it's performance?

by utilizing the changes in inertia

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I could be wrong but I can hear at least one electric motor and I can see a large car battery, so what law is it braking?

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Sylvania made an electric motor that runs a generator and runs itself with excess power to spare.

In the 1980's.

There's some old retired guys (and 1 old lady) on the Energetic Forum who used a Stubblefield coil with a Joule Thief circuit that can run a motor and has extra energy to run LED's....FOREVER.

Nathaniel Stubblefield created the "Earth Battery" in the late 1800's which ran all the telegraphs. It was just iron and copper windings you'd bury in the Earth to get energy.

Poor ole Nathaniel Stubblefield died of hunger because he was poor. Greatest advancement of the time..and died of hunger. His technology is coming back big time. With the Joule Thief circuit that came out @ 2007 you can run LED's and even CFL's on the low voltage coming from that Earth Battery.

The "Laws of Physics"...lol.....big corporations can't make lots of money if people have free energy.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kr0nZ
Judging by the video it looks like it is recycling energy from the motor, and also using the energy called (wait for it)... Gravity, notice those weights that flip back and forth, they will provide enough energy to overcome what the motor can't

So in reality energy is not just created out of nothing but just converting two forms of energy into just obe usable form, yes o know some of you will fight this idea, but that's what ur paid to do

If this device was obtaining energy from an outside source other than the battery/motor that's driving it, it should accelerate uncontrollably to the point of destruction as it has no load or governor to stabilise its speed. The observable fact that it just rotates at a steady speed indicates that the motor & battery need only supply the losses in the system. IE no free energy to be seen but it would make a nice conversation piece sitting on your coffee table, useless but interesting nevertheless.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by N3k9Ni
I can see why he's not getting a patent on this.

It isn't breaking any laws of physics. I've played around with these types of gravity driven wheels. What happens is they quickly reach an equilibrium point and stop. A small push will start them up and they turn a round or two, then stop again. They won't keep running on their own.

All he's doing is using the motor to supply that small push to keep it turning. Remove the motor and it won't work.

But surely if the machine can create just enough energy to "self-power" its own motor... then it works.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
When filing a patent, you cannot submit perpetual motion machines or claim they put out more energy than they consume. That's just how it's set up. Even if your machine could theoretically do these things, it's just how the patent offices work. The sooner independent inventors realize this, the sooner they can claim patents without making these bold claims. No one said you couldn't patent a "generator" and claim "will produce X amount of electricity until demagnetizes".

Which brings us to the next issue. I've seen plenty of perpetual motion machines, including some from the wild west and corporate Japan - they all use some system of rotation and magnets. They are perpetual but for only a limited time. Magnets don't maintain their strength forever. I'm not even sure electromagnets can.

At best you could probably have a slowly moving medium through the business end of an electromagnet, and that medium could then be changed or otherwise re polarized or recharged in such a way as to maintain the magnetic field, perhaps by sucking in air or through some kind of solar furnace.

The real trick then is to find some existing means to use a minimal or readily available means of "recharging" your "perpetual magnets" when they start to die/degauss.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

There's no audio in that video. I want to "hear" this thing before I develop an opinion about it. If it's silent than that's fine, but that needs to be made clear.

ETA: I just turned my volume way up, and yes there is sound. Though I'm not sure if it's coming from the machine.
edit on 25-9-2011 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by boncho

boncho? You ok?

I was expecting to see one of your humorous remarks.

Something along the lines of...

"Someone arrest that man and impound his machine...he's breaking the law!"

Me thinks Boncho is intrigued...

I know I am.

But yes, one off beat comment from Boncho would make me feel better as well.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join