It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Administration to Ban Asthma Inhalers Over Environmental Concerns

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Asthma patients who rely on over-the-counter inhalers will need to switch to prescription-only alternatives as part of the federal government's latest attempt to protect the Earth's atmosphere.

But the switch to a greener inhaler will cost consumers more. Epinephrine inhalers are available via online retailers for around $20, whereas the alternatives, which contain the drug albuterol, range from $30 to $60.

www.weeklystandard.com...

Sweet so i guess when i get my next Asthma attack ill just rollover and die. Or i fork over an extra $40 so i can breath greener.

Thanks Obama Care!

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Don't forget to add in any type of copay you may have!

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
right when i read "protect the earths atmosphere" is when i laughed lol oh but cigarettes are helping right? or anything of that sort..poor obama hes tryna cut spending so he figures no one needs inhalers anymore lol smh
edit on 23-9-2011 by ThinkinJo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Well you should stock up on them right now.

And yeah this is totally BULL... Obama and the greens are absolutely disgusting for supporting this move.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
His idea of saving the economy is...

...banning asthma inhalers.

Change you can believe in. Obama 2012. Brought to you by the black house and house of representin'.
edit on 23-9-2011 by Jepic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Yeah, my father has asthma, and I have seen him pass out from it, this is a violation of human rights.

The f'in right to breathe.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Actually, the ban was imposed under Bush, but it was specified that the ban would not take effect until January 1, 2012.

The FDA first began public discussion about the use of CFCs for epinephrine inhalers in January 2006; the agency finalized the phase-out date for using CFCs in these inhalers and first notified the public in November 2008.

www.kxlh.com...
edit on 23-9-2011 by Aggie Man because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
What kind of babbling idiot are we dealing with here? This is just another sign of how disconnected Obama is from the real world and how he dances to the tune of Pharm and Insurance. Next thing we're all gonna be paying a breathing tax. The coming months under his 'leadership' actually scare me.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Now their really going to afford those defibrillator treatments!!

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
So they want to ban vitamins, and they are going to ban these over the counter inhalers.
Looking at things, this all can lead back to pharmacy companies who will make even more profit.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I'm awfully glad my son grew out of his asthma. His young childhood attacks were brutal a few times and I'd hate to think his own easy salvation for one lay in what could be prescribed and paid for at that level. What is so wrong about having these over the counter??

The insane fanatic fringe around global warming and animal rights are paving the road to a very hot place with their good intentions. They're leaving a lot of dead or destroyed people in the ditches too.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
Actually, the ban was imposed under Bush, but it was specified that the ban would not take effect until January 1, 2012.

The FDA first began public discussion about the use of CFCs for epinephrine inhalers in January 2006; the agency finalized the phase-out date for using CFCs in these inhalers and first notified the public in November 2008.

www.kxlh.com...
edit on 23-9-2011 by Aggie Man because: (no reason given)

Nice catch! But Obama could reverse it.
But he won't.

So I'll still despie Obama the same and despise Bush just a wee bit more.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
And will all government officals stop farting to prevent methane entering the atmosphere?

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by daggyz
And will all government officals stop farting to prevent methane entering the atmosphere?

You mean talking.

oops, sorry. . . . .

Same thing.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
But Obama could reverse it.
But he won't.

Yes, because of all the pressing issues coming across his desk, he should put priority on asthma inhalers that will cost an extra $10. Let's forget about the cost already incurred on the other inhaler companies that have invested in and already implemented non-CFC inhalers.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man

But Obama could reverse it.
But he won't.

Yes, because of all the pressing issues coming across his desk, he should put priority on asthma inhalers that will cost an extra $10. Let's forget about the cost already incurred on the other inhaler companies that have invested in and already implemented non-CFC inhalers.

Ten dollars may not mean much to you or myself, but to others, it is the difference between eating that day or not.

But hey, if Obama doesn't care abou the poor, then he'll just have to answer for it.
edit on 23-9-2011 by beezzer because: t

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

But hey, if Obama doesn't care abou the poor, then he'll just have to answer for it.

I suppose ALL mainstream candidates, encompassing the entire political spectrum, will have to answer to that, as none of them really seem to care about the poor. So, yeah, I agree....he will be answering to the poor in the upcoming election cycle.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
So this Montreal Protocol signed by Reagan then supported by every President since and both parties is now being blamed on Obama? ATS logic at its finest.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Obama, not candidates, can reverse it. Hell, he could have reversed it the first day he was in office.

But he didn't.

Legacy is a bitch.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Why are your (America's) Inhalers not CFC free?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join