It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

28 Sept Earthquake Prophecy, Christchuch

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
As expected the prophecies did not come about. I am a Ministry Leader, and have openly challenged these false words. People in society need to know God is not judging anyone at this time.

Following is a 2 part response I sent out early September

God is not judging the people of Christchurch - The inaccurate prophecies need to be exposed – View of D.A.

It is with deep grief in my heart that I continue to hear of messages, words, ‘prophecies’ of judgement on our city of Christchurch. These ‘words’ are still popping up. I will avoid naming the people or Ministries involved, as doing so would sidetrack some from seeing clarity on the matter. Friends and associates of these people would rise to defend them, rather than properly test what they are saying.

False or true Prophecy? – you decide!
This ‘word’ was given by someone as a reaction to a news items after the Sept 2010. The news item covered people in Christchurch feeling they had undergone a violent and severe beating. This ‘word’ has been spread to believers through the internet and other means, as being representative of God’s will for Christchurch. There are others of similar content.

“The Lord spoke the following to her after she heard that news item”, “I will get my people’s attention even if I have to become more violent. This time my hand was evident in Grace, and people know it was a blessing no lives were lost. This was my blessing to you. It is not my heart to destroy, but I must gain the attention of the people. They must acknowledge that I am their God – for their own salvation. If they refuse to acknowledge me the violence will increase. I must have my Church back. It has not represented me. I will shake out everything that is not of me. My passion is that the people may KNOW that IAM GOD

When ‘words’ are sprinkled with Truth, it can be hard to discern their origins. We need to realise God is not judging the lost at this time and he never behaves harshly to the lost in order to chastise the Church! This prophecy states God does not want to, but will kill people to get the city and the Churches attention. Does that sound like the Messiah Jesus who walked this earth?

When I hear and read such, it is a clear these well meaning believers have a wrong understanding of God’s Character and Nature. If we see God’s essence incorrectly, then we will misunderstand how God responds to, and deals with people especially in the New Covenant. We would then misinterpret what we are hearing, and be unable to discern if it is even from God.

‘If the foundation is not Truth then the house built upon it cannot represent Truth’

It is easy for people to say, comments like, “ The Lord quickened to me”. It leaves them above reproach, as to disagree with them would mean we are disagreeing with God. Some also may get a word but make the mistake in adding thoughts from their heart to it.
A Prophet is not only someone who gets revelation of future events, it is also someone who interprets and proclaims spiritual truth under revelation and inspiration of the Holy Spirit

– Greek (profh/thv) ‘Prophetes’ 1 Cor 14:32 states “And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets”. This means the prophetic word must be tested by all, particularly leaders, by looking into the scriptures, and weighing them up against the heart of God.

We need to test all Prophecy and professing Prophets. In Ezekiel’s day there were many who claimed to be Prophets. We are told to test the Spirits to see if what people are hearing is either from the Spirit of God; from their own spirit; or from another spirit

Ezekiel 13
1 And the word of the LORD came to me, saying,
2 “Son of man, prophesy against the prophets of Israel who prophesy, and say to those
who prophesy out of their own heart, ‘Hear the word of the LORD!’”
3 Thus says the Lord GOD: “Woe to the foolish prophets, who follow their own spirit and have seen nothing!......

6 ...They have envisioned futility and false divination, saying, ‘Thus says the LORD!’ But the LORD has not sent them; yet they
hope that the word may be confirmed.
7 Have you not seen a futile vision, and have you not spoken false divination? You say,
‘The LORD says,’ but I have not spoken.”

Moses Numbers 20:10
I am constantly reminded of Moses who was asked on a 2nd occasion by God to speak to the rock to bring forth water. He said angrily to the people of Israel while striking the rock, “Listen now, you rebels”,. God became angry, more with Moses and Aaron than the people. God told Moses, as you did not honour me (represent my nature) before the people you shall not enter the promised land thus he lost his inheritance.

Moses presented God as angry and judgmental, and lost out. Many believers today also present God as angry and judgemental. They believe he is ready to act the moment we slip up. Oh, I wish they knew Gods goodness, his tenderness and compassion.

edit on 30-9-2011 by HeartofGod because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-9-2011 by HeartofGod because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Part 2

Psalm 145 7 They shall utter the memory of Your great goodness, And shall sing of Your righteousness. 8 The LORD is gracious and full of compassion, Slow to anger and great in mercy. 9 The LORD is good to all, And His tender mercies are over all His works.

Faith or Fate
Religious fatalism believes everything that happens is God’s will, and if it is a negative event it must be God’s judgement!!?
The Believers faith looks at the circumstances and prays God’s will into existence

God’s dealings with people have changed dramatically from the Old to the New Covenant.
• From the time of John the Baptist till the 2nd Coming the world is in a period of the Kingdom of God, which is a period of grace and mercy, sowing and harvest.
• God used natural events in the Old Testament to bring judgement, still only as a last resort. In the New Covenant period God will use natural events as a warning of his impending return
• In the Old Testament, Israel were God’s special people, who should have known better than to backslide. In the New Covenant, Christians are God’s people. The rest of the people of Christchurch are lost sheep to be found and are not yet in judgement
• Prior to the Kingdom of God there existed the Kingdom of Israel. The Natural Kingdom has been replaced by a Spiritual Kingdom.
• The Natural temple is no longer needed as his people are the Temple of the Holy Spirit
• Fighting people with swords replaced by fighting spiritual hosts with the Armour of God; the Sword of the Spirit; the Blood of the Lamb and the Word of our Testimony

Judgement will come, but it corresponds with the 2nd Coming of Christ, and as far as I know Jesus hasn’t come back yet! Look at the following scripture of the timing of God’s judgements being at the last day.
John 12:48
“He who rejects Me and does not receive My sayings, has one who judges him; the word I spoke is what will judge him AT THE LAST DAY.”
Christchurch and the world are not at the last day. It is not the time for judgement but a period of grace and mercy. Time is running out, but not just yet.

Some more points
• Old Testament scriptures have been used out of context by these ‘Prophets’ to justify God’s judgement
• The Bible states that earthquakes will increase prior to the 2nd Coming. This is our lot on this earth at this time. We cannot stop them!
• We are warned in the Bible of the increase in earthquakes in the Last days, not as a means of judgement but an exhortation to watch and pray; get prepared; and proclaim the Good news as time is running out.
• A shaking of the Church is within the heart of the believer and is not accomplished by bringing earthquakes on a city!!
• If there is any judging to do it would be for the Churches and not the populous (Judgement begins in the household of God).

Matthew 10:7-8
7 And as you go, preach, saying, ‘The kingdom of heaven is at hand.’ 8 Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead,[a] cast out demons. Freely you have received, freely give. That is a God of love and mercy in action through us in this current age.

Final Challenge to Prophets
Where were their prophecies before the 4th September 2010? If these ‘Prophets’ have heard from God at all, they should have the conviction to ‘Do a Jonah’ and walk the length and breadth of the city, call every media organisation and every politician to warn as many people as possible. God would want the people informed for his mercy’s sake. To not do so, would be to deny the responsibility of the gift of being a Prophet, and shows a lack of compassion for the lost.

If these Prophets have been given a word for the city then declare it to the lost. Let’s not just sit back self-righteously, and watch on as calamity befalls people. This will enable the people whom Christ loves so much to be saved.

Concluding thought
Our ministry has a heart for Revival and Truth. We will challenge any trend or approach that is not truly representative of the heart, will, or purposes of God. These matters need to be addressed to keep the ‘Divine standard’ up.

Personally we have lost our home and income, and have slept in 23 different beds since February, but God is always good. He has it in control. God will poor his rain on the just and the unjust, but does not pour wrath on the righteous.
Are these Prophets saying there cannot be found any righteous people in Christchurch that could avert what they claim as‘ Gods hand’. It would have only taken 10 righteous people to save Sodom!

I am not interested in entering into ongoing dialogue with the Judgementalists on this matter. The work of the Kingdom is far more important.

<< 1  2   >>

join