It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

28 Sept Earthquake Prophecy, Christchuch

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
No one is saying that the Lord will return for sure on the 28th...
Whoah. Did I miss something? Who on earth said anything about Jesus returning on the 28th? Lonewolf, I really like your fervour but this is way off-topic. (For the record but again off topic, I actually disagree with your assertion that He can return at any time, though I do emphatically agree He is coming back.)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

To those with a spiritual interest in what's going on in Christchurch (Christ's Church), check out the following discernment/assessment concerning what we should be noticing with the shaking of Christchurch:

The Shaking of Christchurch...(Christ’s Church and the city called by His name)
Jeremiah 25:29 “For behold, I begin to bring calamity on the city which is called by My name ...”

...Christchurch is a prophetic picture of Christ’s Church

•Christchurch is the furthest major city from Jerusalem. It is at the “Ends of the Earth” and is a sign for the whole church at the “End of the Age.”

•The media described Christchurch as “a city brought to its knees.” This speaks of Christ’s Church in New Zealand being brought to the place of prayer.

•Old stone buildings crumbled. New multi-story buildings have pancaked, causing much loss of life. The largest buildings pose a serious risk if they should fall. What is not built upon the unshifting rock of the revelation of Jesus Christ will not stand under the pressures, tensions, and rapid movements of the last days. It does not matter how tall, how new, or how sophisticated a church or ministry may seem, if it is not properly founded, it will not stand.

•Many roads in Christchurch liquefied causing serious traffic problems, trapping vehicles, and making some roads unusable. The church is supposed to reveal “the way” and be the access point for people seeking to connect with God. Some of the current “ways” of the church will prove to be useless in a crisis: the prosperity gospel, liberal theology, church growth strategies, slavish attitudes to leadership, self-centred spirituality, entertainment in the place of worship, positive thinking in place of prophetic revelation.

•220,000 tons of silt have been removed from Christchurch roads in ten days. This points to the extent to which unsuitable materials are at the basis of much of what the Church is currently doing.

•There is a power crisis in Christ’s Church. Many homes were without power for days and some for weeks. Neglecting the power of the cross, much of the church has been preaching people-centred messages. Humanism may tickle the ears but it is useless in a crisis. Now, a contractor has smashed through a major underground cable in Christchurch, leaving the southern suburbs on back-up power. Some of those working to restore Christ’s Church are becoming over-burdened and are making costly mistakes...

•There is a sewage problem in Christ’s Church. The structures and processes are not in place to remove waste. The large amount of unconfessed sin, Including: immorality and idolatry, covetousness and greed, lies and deception, cannot be easily removed, it is currently being buried in the back garden. Burying sin instead of confessing it and repenting of it, is polluting our land. The church is meant to take the lead in removing it.

•We need to understand that the shaking will not end until all that has to be shaken has been shaken (see Hebrews 12 above).
•Current church leaders quoted in the media are struggling to identify the cause of the shakings. They are divided in their opinions over whether God sent the earthquake, God merely allowed the earthquake to come, or it is merely some cycle of nature that is occurring. The church in Christchurch has failed to bring a clear message to the city and the nation. Every one seems to hold to their own opinions. Few examine the Bible to see what it says...

Read more here: www.trumpetcall.org.nz...

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by latitude39

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
No one is saying that the Lord will return for sure on the 28th...
Whoah. Did I miss something? Who on earth said anything about Jesus returning on the 28th? Lonewolf, I really like your fervour but this is way off-topic. (For the record but again off topic, I actually disagree with your assertion that He can return at any time, though I do emphatically agree He is coming back.)

I was stating that some people believe he will return on the 28th. The 28th lately has been a very special day what with it being the feast of trumpets, the day Obama goes to Denver, the day Elenin is supposed to align (ithink), hell its even my wife's birthday!

There is ALOT going on at the 28th and 27th. The 28th is even supposed to be a predicted day for a giant earthquake to happen. Can this all be coincidence? There's no such thing as coincidences.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by latitude39

You realize why i am skeptical, i live here. Until you have been through the 8000+ aftershocks you will have no idea about the effect it has on you. I watched some of the media coverage of the Virginia quake, it's ridiculous how much people freaked out. I'm not discounting their traumatic experience (Notice sarcasm in text) but at least they know that they won't be hit by another 5.8 whilst we sit here with two 6+ fault lines under the city with a 7+ offshore. You would not believe the stress that our city is going through, everyone flinches and pauses at a speeding truck. I hope that this prediction is bull# and doesn't come true but then again, several other figures have predicted quakes for the 28th.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Semoro

You're right, I don't think many of us can fathom what it's like. We probably get only around 4 or so noticeable quakes a year here in the Hawkes Bay - and I can't remember ever having one strong enough to damage anything of value in our household. I know that many people's nerves will be frayed, but I can't know what that actually feels like.

I've lived in Halswell, Riccarton, and Sockburn, so Christchurch will always be an important part of my history, and many of the images of the past damage have hit close to home for me. But again, as you say, we can't know what it's like.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I don't say this as a Christian. I am a theistic Satanist.
However:

There is of course, the little problem of false prophets.
Be discerning. Very much so. You were warned to be, were you not?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Friends, you don't need prophecy to realise that the world is tetering, unstable, in trouble, whatever. And can I just say, you aint seen nothin yet. Don't mess with your lives, make up your mind about your eternal destiny - one day the Author of this age will step in and wrap up this life as we know it. Can I suggest you stop looking at Christians with their flaws and look at the flawless One? He has placed eternity in your heart - His desire is to be reconciled with you. Don't stop looking until you've found Him and then hang on. You won't be disappointed.

Codyoutlaw has made up his mind. He too will bow his knee as will everyone when Christ is revealed and confess Jesus Christ is Lord. I don't want to be in his shoes when this happens. God's second choice is calamity to get people's attention and stop going about your life like there's no eternity, like Jesus hasn't died so that we can be reconciled with God. Make up your mind. God set the stars in place in the sky by His hand and He knows them by name. If He is who He says He is then give Him the honour that's due. If He's not, then by all means go ahead and live your lives as you please.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Well sorry to burst everyone's bubble, but we're alive and kicking. No crazy big earthquake and Tsunami. Sorry to disappoint. I'm kidding, we're all overjoyed that we weren't hit again. Although, it is only 8:34 so really it's still got a few hours to go. Please be wrong

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
What needs to be done is for someone to start compiling a massive list of all the FAILED predictions, contrasted with the accurate predictions. And then some kind of statistical analysis to determine whether there is any clear aberration, or if it shows once and for all that listening to any of these "predictions" is a waste of time.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
guess nothing happened. What a shocking surprise

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nomad451
guess nothing happened. What a shocking surprise

Oh no not again !

Ooops 2nd line....
edit on 28-9-2011 by LexiconV because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Semoro

Yip, assuming nothing happens in the next 100 minutes, I agree that my OP was a waste of all your time. My apologies in advance for that. If saying more would help, I would - but sometimes less is more.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by latitude39
reply to post by Semoro

Yip, assuming nothing happens in the next 100 minutes, I agree that my OP was a waste of all your time. My apologies in advance for that. If saying more would help, I would - but sometimes less is more.

Hey, here in Holland it's still the 28th for another 12,5 hours. You can't expect prophecy's to take note of time zones now do you?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

That which you quoted is some powerful stuff. I am glad to say the ladies prediction did not come true. Although her last one came a day early If I am not mistaken.

It is always good to be alert, aware, and prepared (as best one can) for an emergency....and again, I thank you for making us aware of her prediction and we are thankful it didn't come true.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ

That which you quoted is some powerful stuff. I am glad to say the ladies prediction did not come true. Although her last one came a day early If I am not mistaken.

What was quoted was paranoid garbage coming from a position of willful ignorance.

For example: "Current church leaders quoted in the media are struggling to identify the cause of the shakings".
Willful ignorance and a total lack of acceptance that this was an act of nature as a consequence of living on a dynamic planet, in a country that straddles a plate boundary with complex stresses and strains.

I'm actually quite offended by the weird religious garbage being spouted along with this prediction, along with the proxy support for death and destruction.

Hey, it's o.k. It's god's will and he's a loving god.

Nothing happened, no destruction. Where is your god now? Is he a liar or are the prophets shills?

For me, god isn't real, and with prophecies like this one, religion is an arse.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

What was quoted was paranoid garbage coming from a position of willful ignorance. For example: "Current church leaders quoted in the media are struggling to identify the cause of the shakings". Willful ignorance and a total lack of acceptance that this was an act of nature as a consequence of living on a dynamic planet, in a country that straddles a plate boundary with complex stresses and strains. I'm actually quite offended by the weird religious garbage being spouted along with this prediction, along with the proxy support for death and destruction. Hey, it's o.k. It's god's will and he's a loving god. Nothing happened, no destruction. Where is your god now? Is he a liar or are the prophets shills? For me, god isn't real, and with prophecies like this one, religion is an arse.
reply to post by aorAki

What was quoted seemed like garbage to you? Ok.... maybe you should try going to another thread and shake it off before you let your emotions over run you?

Uh...too late.... you said something about...

Ignorance and lack of acceptance? Possibly..but it is your opinion and you have the right to it.

You are offended and think there is support here for death and destruction? I don't see that at all...but again....this is a reply to your opinion.

My God? I guess He is still in the same place...ask him if you really want the answer.

For you..God is not real. Ok...got it....never mind don't ask someone you do not believe in.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Well MamaJ, this prediction event didn't occur, therefore god lied or the prophesier lied. Since I don't believe in god I see it a the prophesier lying, in some vain search for validation, caught up in vague misunderstandings and couching it all in religo-speak, complete with cherry-picked quotations to make it appear as if something would happen, all due to a bad dream and state of paranoia and a wish for the world to be christian. That is the subtext. Combined with quotes about god causing destruction, is your god really so petty and unforgiving and judgmental that good people died and had to die in order for some change to occur?
It's religious nutters jumping on the prophecy bandwagon, complete with a circle-jerk of prayer groups with equally ignorant and paranoid nutters, riding the coat tails of a natural disaster and interpreting it through faulty eyes. A sort of self-fulfilling paranoia and inane proselytising.
edit on 28-9-2011 by aorAki because: event

edit on 28-9-2011 by aorAki because: eveny=event

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
This would shake up Christ's Church.

Jesus is NEVER coming back in the flesh

Just a thought.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by IamAbeliever
I have a hard time believing in this God of yours. Why would a "loving" God bring death and destruction upon those who are supposed to be his children?

basically He said ,, the Living God,,
something like,,
shape up or i'll take it all away.
for what the Potter Creates,,
the potter can
damn well destroy,,or take away,,
kinda parental like dont you think,,?
and if ,,and so on,,
but we are more than clay,pots,,
ummm, well, ,,ummm ya ,,
then there is ,,
would a Father give a
Son, a Rock too eat,
if he asked for a Fish?
depends what shape his room was in.
tough love u know sometimes is needed.,,
unless we shape up,,
then everything is fine.
so what u think?
keep on loving, and keep on ignoring?
or is it time for,
tough love,?
and,
"Lest I smite the Earth, with a Curse,"
or what??

ohh and see what i mean,,,too borrow from above,,

,"This would shake up Christ's Church.
Jesus is NEVER coming back in the flesh"

------> Jesus=Liar.

not good,,,getting smitefull i would think.

edit on 28-9-2011 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome

,"This would shake up Christ's Church.
Jesus is NEVER coming back in the flesh"

------> Jesus=Liar.

not good,,,getting smitefull i would think.

You didn't read the thread I see. Jesus didn't lie.

With Love,

Your Brother

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join