It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debilitating Anger

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Probably not the worst kind of anger by a long shot but an insidious menace in my opinion... and often misunderstood. I'm sure a few can identify.

Before I throw all my opinions and reasons for making this thread... I think it's important to see if anyone can even relate to the concept of debilitating anger.

Maybe that would be a good place to start... and if it goes nowhere I'll just give more of my thoughts later.
edit on 22-9-2011 by BlackSatinDancer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackSatinDancer

I can easily relate, as I am sure many can. However, why did you make the thread? Just curious, I am sure that you have a valid reason.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Often debilitating anger is related to being bi-polar, ADHD or Tourette syndrome.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Fox Molder

Well, if it is debilitating, you are NOT acting upon it... I not a violent person in any respect, I experience anger, and I have been so angry to where I cannot speak or move.. I, however, am not bi-polar, nor do I have any such illnesses, there may be a relation, however. My cousin has ADHD and I have watched him kill a hamster because he just "flipped".

We were seven.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvanJP

I can easily relate, as I am sure many can. However, why did you make the thread? Just curious, I am sure that you have a valid reason.

well... it's a problem you know.

I mean it's much different than violence for example because it is being controlled or else it would have probably not become what it is.... but that doesn't mean the damage is over. If it's debilitating than obviously it is still a problem and often gets circumvented by props of all sorts... numbed what have you. Sometimes these things are not so bad and good to help you deal until you are in a better place of coping, but sometimes you have to go it alone and face it all with no props of any kind or even relief... other than straight forward facing. That becomes the relief. That in itself can be a problem because it's anger confrontation... and now everything just gets extremely dicey and all into individual circumstances.

soo... this thread is about the cost to ones self to feel debilitating anger... especially long term and the best ways to cope with it. I think the closer you look at something that should be under scrutiny the more details you will see like looking under a microscope... and when seeking solutions, it's important to have a lot of details... or else you'll just wind up with extremely generic treatments for any and all.

I guess my first question that I would like to have answered for me is how to just be functional within throes of debilitating anger. Maybe someone in here has figured some things out.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I don't get angry often - if ever. Few things upset me.

BUT - I do get that debilitating anger (or should I rather say "debilitating RAGE") whenever I see some form of animal-abuse.

It drives me around the bend - I swear that I will probably be able to punch a hole through a door or throw heavy furniture around when that surge of emotion swells up from within me - it actually feels as if the anger empowers me and makes me super-strong. It is like "AAAAARRRRGHHHH - I AM THE SUPER HULK"!!!

Anyhow - good thing that I don't live in China, 'cause those pet fur-traders and bear bile-gatherers would have had a little she-demon on their hands... I probably would have torn their buildings down with my teeth and flayed the skins off the perpetrators' backs.
(seriously - that is how angry I get).

Anger also has its place - it can be a powerful tool if wielded for the right reasons, especially where situations meriting some sort of "just" justice are involved... or so I think...

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fox Molder
Often debilitating anger is related to being bi-polar, ADHD or Tourette syndrome.

This thread is not about mental illness.

I want to avoid looking at it from the auto-accusatory angle that demonizes ones own mind because in my opinion that is not healthy for anyone who is already attempting to cope with the completely natural emotion called ANGER.

So, perhaps it is appropriate that we just look at definitions first.

I will have to get back to this though because I might have to take a nap now.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by shimmeringsilver73

That is a good way to put it, anger does have it's place, or else it would not be in our current emotional spectrum.

Wield it correctly, and bring some true justice forth!

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Thank you for the reply.

Well, haha, here is my question. Do you get ample forms of exercise? How is your diet looking? What is angering you?

Not trying to poke or prod, but I am trying to gather information on you, the constant!

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by shimmeringsilver73
I don't get angry often - if ever. Few things upset me.

BUT - I do get that debilitating anger (or should I rather say "debilitating RAGE") whenever I see some form of animal-abuse.

It drives me around the bend - I swear that I will probably be able to punch a hole through a door or throw heavy furniture around when that surge of emotion swells up from within me - it actually feels as if the anger empowers me and makes me super-strong. It is like "AAAAARRRRGHHHH - I AM THE SUPER HULK"!!!

Anyhow - good thing that I don't live in China, 'cause those pet fur-traders and bear bile-gatherers would have had a little she-demon on their hands... I probably would have torn their buildings down with my teeth and flayed the skins off the perpetrators' backs.
(seriously - that is how angry I get).

Anger also has its place - it can be a powerful tool if wielded for the right reasons, especially where situations meriting some sort of "just" justice are involved... or so I think...

Hmmm... So basically you just want to reach out and strangle someone that is so completely and utterly clueless in your opinion... but you know you can't do that and other than try to peacefully protest something that you know a lot of these cattle prodding burger eating idiots are never... never... NEVER going to get... and no one is going to make them. Maybe to you it is just a little piece of blinded, raped, beheaded, deceived, tortured injustice that you are expected to sit back and watch like an obedient and peaceful citizen.

i think we are onto something...

You call it rage, but really.... whaddya doin? screamin and hollerin... oh for shame girl..

What in the world makes you think that you should raise your tiny little voice among all these murdering maniacs?
Cute don't pay the bills darlin... cute gets bent over, prodded and put on a plate.

Am I getting warm yet?

------------------------

ahhh...*sigh*

Do you really think it's wrong to eat human flesh?

oh wait... different subject... back on track.

Preventing yourself from killing people without the migraine. What are your best methods so far?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

That is a good way to put it, anger does have it's place, or else it would not be in our current emotional spectrum.

Wield it correctly, and bring some true justice forth!

Anger is probably the one emotion that can redefine society if it is wielded in the right way.

It is the one emotion that can unite a nation - when the people have had enough of the autocracy and bull# of the system, anger can empower them to feel strong about their beliefs to such an extent that they can stand up and shape a new future. It has happened time and again in our history. It can be just that "kick in the bum" - the "call to awaken" - "we have had enough and no more of this"...

I suppose there may be variants of anger - the sweeping kind that can have an almost "spiritual and life-changing" effect on people, then the justifiable short-lived and more personal anger when one feels wronged or misunderstood, and then there is a more dark "what-is-hidden-below-the-surface" kind that has the capability of destroying oneself and others if not properly managed. The same can probably be said of all emotions.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
i see anger as a natural occurrence, it does enable a person to take care of what is at stake because of the increased amount of energy anger releases.
but this is the case only for initial moments of anger.

if we hold on to anger it starts to fester in our body and eventually will pop up as some illness physically and psychologically it shows its ugly face in blaming and manipulation - all still to deal with that initial cause.

it is very important, as far as i can see, to handle the situation correct at the moment anger raises. we need to find a strategy quickly right when it happens. we need to respond without the reaction of bad habits or examples !! this again, in my view, can only happen if we work constantly at being conscious, aware and informed. and strong hearted with a healthy set of response plans at hand.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Thank you for the reply.

Well, haha, here is my question. Do you get ample forms of exercise? How is your diet looking? What is angering you?

Not trying to poke or prod, but I am trying to gather information on you, the constant!

Well, it's people. I don't want to name names but there's plenty of names to list. A lot of this is very close to home... very very close. There are so many reasons that I am thinking I should not even start trying to explain everything that has happened unless i intend to write a book... but that takes time and concentration...as well as all the other things I absolutely HAVE to do, not just want to do.

Today I am just trying to get past the debilitating part. I can feel it welling up in my throat. It is trying so desperately to get out... but it will just come back to attack me. Terrible terrible terrible disorienting headache if I allow it to blind me.

My diet and exercise are probably not the best in the world, but I actually get a lot more excercize than people realize. what i don't get enough of, is fresh air and i keep complaining about this but no one listens. i tell them I AM NOT GETTING ENOUGH AIR... but it's "oh, are you talking again"

they don't really say that... they just ignore me. I've been complaining about this for years and tried plenty of good health and teetotling but I find more motivation in indulgance... honestly. I can motivate myself all day with the right tools and good coffee but the underlying issues are only allowed to fester... and not by my choice. I give up sometimes trying to be perfect because I find great relief in that and never really do anything even remotely crazy or dangerous... but they have certainly got the noose very tight right now.

I have no relief and am even trying to question all that I try to do to support myself in this struggle with this anger that I have been carrying around for a long long time... it's just getting worse and the terms are no more fair.

I have too much to do to get a headache today... but if I cannot persist... game over for me.

ohhhh NO... not by myself. No way.

I promise you, this anger is real.
people don't believe that, but it is.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackSatinDancer

Thank you for the reply.

Well, it's people. I don't want to name names but there's plenty of names to list. A lot of this is very close to home... very very close. There are so many reasons that I am thinking I should not even start trying to explain everything that has happened unless i intend to write a book... but that takes time and concentration...as well as all the other things I absolutely HAVE to do, not just want to do.

Today I am just trying to get past the debilitating part. I can feel it welling up in my throat. It is trying so desperately to get out... but it will just come back to attack me. Terrible terrible terrible disorienting headache if I allow it to blind me.

My diet and exercise are probably not the best in the world, but I actually get a lot more excercize than people realize. what i don't get enough of, is fresh air and i keep complaining about this but no one listens. i tell them I AM NOT GETTING ENOUGH AIR... but it's "oh, are you talking again"

they don't really say that... they just ignore me. I've been complaining about this for years and tried plenty of good health and teetotling but I find more motivation in indulgance... honestly. I can motivate myself all day with the right tools and good coffee but the underlying issues are only allowed to fester... and not by my choice. I give up sometimes trying to be perfect because I find great relief in that and never really do anything even remotely crazy or dangerous... but they have certainly got the noose very tight right now.

I have no relief and am even trying to question all that I try to do to support myself in this struggle with this anger that I have been carrying around for a long long time... it's just getting worse and the terms are no more fair.

I have too much to do to get a headache today... but if I cannot persist... game over for me.

There are ALOT of things being said that are not really helping.. Honestly, and I say this with the utmost respect;

You saying things such as, "oh no... not by myself", sounds a little wrong... To find truth, my friend, you cannot merely allude to things, this disorients the reader.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by bestintentions
i see anger as a natural occurrence, it does enable a person to take care of what is at stake because of the increased amount of energy anger releases.
but this is the case only for initial moments of anger.

if we hold on to anger it starts to fester in our body and eventually will pop up as some illness physically and psychologically it shows its ugly face in blaming and manipulation - all still to deal with that initial cause.

it is very important, as far as i can see, to handle the situation correct at the moment anger raises. we need to find a strategy quickly right when it happens. we need to respond without the reaction of bad habits or examples !! this again, in my view, can only happen if we work constantly at being conscious, aware and informed. and strong hearted with a healthy set of response plans at hand.

the problem is that debilitating anger is often product of long term abuse.

deliberate abuse.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Hmmm... So basically you just want to reach out and strangle someone that is so completely and utterly clueless in your opinion... but you know you can't do that and other than try to peacefully protest something that you know a lot of these cattle prodding burger eating idiots are never... never... NEVER going to get... and no one is going to make them.

Well - luckily I haven't been in a situation where I have had to be tested in this way. I think it will be the one situation where I will possibly throw all caution to the wind and react without a further thought to my own wellbeing.

Maybe to you it is just a little piece of blinded, raped, beheaded, deceived, tortured injustice that you are expected to sit back and watch like an obedient and peaceful citizen.

i think we are onto something...

You call it rage, but really.... whaddya doin? screamin and hollerin... oh for shame girl..

What in the world makes you think that you should raise your tiny little voice among all these murdering maniacs?
Cute don't pay the bills darlin... cute gets bent over, prodded and put on a plate.

Am I getting warm yet?

I don't expect that my rage will have any other effect than that of throwing a cotton ball against a steel wall. Yes - it is the sheer injustice of the situation - the innocence of the animals - my own inability to just change the world at the snap of my finger - that makes me scream and holler inside. It is quite possibly my own feeling of disempowerment too. Perhaps that is why I feel that this type of rage empowers me so.

Do you really think it's wrong to eat human flesh?

oh wait... different subject... back on track.

I am a vegan - I don't eat any flesh other than the flesh of fruit, vegetables, legumes and pulses, seeds and nuts. Can't help you with this one. Though I am certain that all legumes will agree that they all have faces too...

Preventing yourself from killing people without the migraine. What are your best methods so far?

Taking very deep and controlled breaths for at least 10 minutes. Trying to deliberately slow my heart-rate by just breathing. It is really like every breath is able to loosen some of that tight and restrictive feelings in my chest. At this point I usually just feel like bawling.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Yeah, those remarks were a bit uncalled for... And I must say, when people cannot verbally take you down and belittle you, and you keep your cool.. That is when those who abuse anger really shine..

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Thank you for the reply.

There are ALOT of things being said that are not really helping.. Honestly, and I say this with the utmost respect;

You saying things such as, "oh no... not by myself", sounds a little wrong... To find truth, my friend, you cannot merely allude to things, this disorients the reader.

but it is not meant to disorient the reader.. it is meant to clarify a point that I cannot simply throw around lightly. The fact that I am all too aware of this is why I need people to understand what is truly meant... what is TRULY meant.

I feel that I am going to have to share at least one example. If I do not come back for a while, it means my computer has crashed or something.

i am currently 36. The example I am about to give happened when i was 19. This has been going on for a long time.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Yeah, those remarks were a bit uncalled for... And I must say, when people cannot verbally take you down and belittle you, and you keep your cool.. That is when those who abuse anger really shine..

Uncalled for... which one? The one that suggests that human lives should be consumed for human preserverence.

Uncalled for attempt to make light of something that is already happening all around you every day.

... but don't dare be cynical about it?

WAY out of line of you in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

I encourage you to share! Please!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join