It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Picture says it all!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Wow I honestly didn't expect to come across a picture that held so much importance in message and in such an artistic way. I had to snap this up as my avatar right away as in it I read a deep, deep message that has probably echoed through civilisations across galaxies and universes for AGES. People will probably get different messages from this picture but I will share with you what I understand from it.
You see what I understand is that I don't really understand.. at all. We as a species like to look at the world and universe around us as if we know. But we really don't. What the picture is trying to portray (IMO) is that there are likely to be many extra terrestrial races who are also pondering up at the stars in amazement. Wondering if there is other life out there somewhere. All the while some beings in these extra terrestrial cultures are potentially, like many of us, strutting around like they are the be all and end all.

You see I believe that arrogance and ignorance have most likely been reoccurring themes throughout our universal history, especially given the philosophy that there are probably many other forms of intelligent life out there.

But like I said I don't really know for sure, no-one does.
That is, in my opinion, the beauty of life.

edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
The picture portrays to me, HOPE and ANTICIPATION of what could be out there in the ether...

There could be civilisations out there in the universe who are also looking to the skies for answers and the hope of other life on other worlds, just in the same way as what we do....

Some of these other civilisations, who like us are staring into the skies and are also seeing UFO craft that they too do not understand and want to know from where they have come from....

Maybe one day we will all find out and be unified, hopefully in a peaceful manner.....

Nice piece of art work.....

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

Wow, that's stunning!

Probably the best picture I've seen all year!

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Doesn't it ? This picture is something that we can all hope for someday, peace and justice for all. Time to stop being apart, time to come together and take a stand.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique
Wow I honestly didn't expect to come across a picture that held so much importance in message and in such an artistic way. I had to snap this up as my avatar right away as in it I read a deep, deep message that has probably echoed through civilisations across galaxies and universes for AGES. People will probably get different messages from this picture but I will share with you what I understand from it.
You see what I understand is that I don't really understand.. at all. We as a species like to look at the world and universe around us as if we know. But we really don't. What the picture is trying to portray (IMO) is that there are likely to be many extra terrestrial races who are also pondering up at the stars in amazement. Wondering if there is other life out there somewhere. All the while some beings in these extra terrestrial cultures are potentially, like many of us, strutting around like they are the be all and end all.

You see I believe that arrogance and ignorance have most likely been reoccurring themes throughout our universal history, especially given the philosophy that there are probably many other forms of intelligent life out there.

But like I said I don't really know for sure, no-one does.
That is, in my opinion, the beauty of life.

edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

I remember having conversations about this with friends when I was a kid in regards to us not being the only ones looking up at the stars. It's a beautiful idea and it makes sense. There's no doubt races throughout the universe at different stages of development wondering about the world/ universe around them and thier place in it.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

That's actually a pretty moving picture, star & flag from me.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
apart from what is already stated, it also says to me that although e.t are often portrayed as nasty buggers.. they are similar to us, they also have children and those children also have an innocence much like our own..

top topics

join