It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you prove evolution wrong

page: 159
<< 156  157  158    160  161  162 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quadrivium
reply to post by flyingfish

New and unexpected discoveries? (how did I let myself get sucked into this? You know I actually told myself I wouldn't lol)
Did you read your links? The pdf clearly states that the flys have a common ancestor which was a type of fly.
As for the other link, I didn't find it much more informative.
Liked the bit about the bee fleas though. I am a bee keeper and did not know that the mites were a species of fly.
It feels good to admit that I am still able to learn new things. It is nice to know and understand that I do not have all the answers. Colin was right about women's clothing after all lol.

Well, we have DNA evidence that humans evolved from an ape-like creature...happy with that?

What change is "enough" for you? We also know that seals have a dog-like ancestor. Happy with that? Or does the seal's head still look too much like a dog's for you?

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Quadrivium

Did you read your links? The pdf clearly states that the flys have a common ancestor which was a type of fly.

It also says "the ancestors of all modern flies were also semi-aquatic".

Before the flys emerged they were walks and before that swimmers.
Baby's got to crawl before they can fly.

It's realy not that hard to see the big picture and if you think about it, it's really an incredible process that trumps any creation fantasy.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

Originally posted by Quadrivium

New and unexpected discoveries? (how did I let myself get sucked into this? You know I actually told myself I wouldn't lol)
As for the other link, I didn't find it much more informative.
Liked the bit about the bee fleas though. I am a bee keeper and did not know that the mites were a species of fly.
It feels good to admit that I am still able to learn new things. It is nice to know and understand that I do not have all the answers. Colin was right about women's clothing after all lol.

Well, we have DNA evidence that humans evolved from an ape-like creature...happy with that?

What change is "enough" for you? We also know that seals have a dog-like ancestor. Happy with that? Or does the seal's head still look too much like a dog's for you?

LOL funny you mention that! I always call my dachshunds," little seal heads".
edit on 2-1-2012 by flyingfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

actually, a seal does very much resemble a chilly, slightly overweight dog who simply stopped trying to use it's paws so much.

enough change for me, would be when species develop the ability to greatly modify and differentiate their own personal creations. As in, having the character of independent creation.

Not only do we build planes, we build all different kinds of planes. Animals adapt almost directly to their environment without much control of the outcome.

With that thought in mind, how can anyone deny that the most stark difference is becoming more and more able to modify or control a situations outcome. Being given more of that ability is the root of all notions of human ego. That for some reason, you are privileged above all other creatures in the aspect of being able to control, cause and effect.

WE are, for whatever reason, closer to THAT.

So what is that? Just spiraling into pure unrestrained chaos? or a conclusion, an outcome of what made us this way? It doesn't matter which way you look at it, we are something beyond this as well. We are not the end all be all because of the simple notion that there is a graduating system of evolution going on even if you could claim it proven.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

If you ever get a chance to visit the Galapagos, go snorkelling with seals! They're not scared of humans there because it's a nature reservation, and they're suuuuuuuuper playful, just like dogs. If you wiggle a piece of algue in front of their nose, they'll grab it and play with it just like a dog with a ball.

And yeah, their head (apart from the lack of ears) is VERY similar to dogs...even the fangs.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackSatinDancer

enough change for me, would be when species develop the ability to greatly modify and differentiate their own personal creations. As in, having the character of independent creation.

I'm not sure what you mean. Are you expecting evolution to be a conscious process??? Or are you demanding that change happens from one parent to their kids at a degree that creates a new species? Both would be silly, so I hope that's not what you mean...

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

If you ever get a chance to visit the Galapagos, go snorkelling with seals! They're not scared of humans there because it's a nature reservation, and they're suuuuuuuuper playful, just like dogs. If you wiggle a piece of algue in front of their nose, they'll grab it and play with it just like a dog with a ball.

And yeah, their head (apart from the lack of ears) is VERY similar to dogs...even the fangs.

OMG have you done that?
I'm jealous.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by flyingfish

OMG have you done that?
I'm jealous.

Yeah, love travelling and diving. If you get a chance, go for it!! One of the best trips I've done so far...and THE best trip if nature watching is what you really wanna do.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by itsthetooth

Another stupid analogy which proves nothing.

You had your answer to the question you asked. You have not even had the courtesy to reply to the points made. You just change the questions parameters.

Now you tell me one action you can take that has no affect on anything else?

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

Another stupid analogy which proves nothing.

You had your answer to the question you asked. You have not even had the courtesy to reply to the points made. You just change the questions parameters.

Now you tell me one action you can take that has no affect on anything else?
Thats a loaded question mine was a little more specific.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

A loaded question? You mean you cannot answer it but just cannot bring yourself to admit it infront of an audience.

Your question was answered. Now answer mine.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

I fangs.

i think it is pretty obvious that i am speaking of the overall change that happened to man and no other species.

Clearly I was not here when it happened so i am pointing to the obvious that we CAN see.... the obvious differences. I am answering your question of how much change needs to be explained in order to suffice those who will not just take evolution as the answer and that be it.
edit on 2-1-2012 by BlackSatinDancer because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-1-2012 by BlackSatinDancer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
like I am all of the sudden making demands...
... too much.

i was answering the question... How much is A LOT of change. well, I'd say that WHAT I SPELLED OUT... is a lot MORE change then a dog growing flippers for an alternative.

i think that was pretty clear.

YOU are the one who wanted an answer!

demands

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackSatinDancer
like I am all of the sudden making demands...
... too much.

i was answering the question... How much is A LOT of change. well, I'd say that WHAT I SPELLED OUT... is a lot MORE change then a dog growing flippers for an alternative.

i think that was pretty clear.

YOU are the one who wanted an answer!

demands

Well, we know today's whales had an ancestor that looked like an "ugly rat with long legs": LINK

How about fish to amphibian? That good enough?

Not extreme enough? How about being related to these things from around 3.5b years ago? Better than a "dog growing fins"?

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Sure that makes me happy, why wouldn't it?
OH, Oh, I know. We could play a game! Here are the rules.......
1. You show me your proof.
2. I will show you my proof.
3. We will go on for another 159 pages.
Happy with that?

I could say that the elk and the hippo had a common ancestor as well.......... the elkopotumis. ( That makes me happy as well, I actually like the sound of it really.................ELKOMOTUMIS).

Some people on both sides are just closed minded, nothing to be done about it.
Me? Naaa, I actually can admit if I learn something new. And enjoy doing so. Then there are some who take that as a sign of weakness and think that they "got one up on me" or "owned me". Actually that is just a sign of their own close mindedness and unwillingness to change.
No, it has not happened yet, on this thread, but by a couple of the replies I have gotten I can tell that it won't be long.
Thank you for letting me rant, lol
signed,
Mr. Elkopotumis (you know I might actually change my username)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

WTH, you must be confused.

I'm not the one having trouble following the conversations on here.

I'm not back peddling, I'm explaining, the question is are you understanding.

I'm sure Nero had a great explanation for why he made his horse a Senator. At least it made sense to him.

I would think they are pretty usless based on us just dropping in from another place. There is no telling who they dropped off where.

My understanding was that it was groups that were assigned locations baed on DNA patterns. I'm just unsure of the timeline.

So you're now claiming that the aliens gathered people of only one haplogroup at a time and dropped them off in series over the course of a couple hundred millennia in a way that just happens to look just like we evolved here on planet Earth and migrated out of Africa? And you of course have some evidence to back that up? Oh, right, you admitted earlier that there was no evidence.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Evolution is a THEORY. Therefore, it has never been proven to begin with.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by turk182

What a unique post. That has never been mentioned before.

Evolution is just a theory. Thanks. Made a note of it and will remember it always.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by turk182

Please read even a little of the thread before responding. First off what you just responded with has nothing to do with the what the OP asks, Second, the difference between a scientific theory and the layman's definition of theory has been pointed out many times in this thread. There is nothing better than a theory in science. For example did you know that gravity, germs, cells, and plate tectonics are categorized as theories?

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by turk182
Evolution is a THEORY. Therefore, it has never been proven to begin with.

uh oh turk, You're fixing to get schooled in the correct meaning of scientific terminology.
Run while you can,
edit on 2-1-2012 by Quadrivium because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 156  157  158    160  161  162 >>

join