It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The missing Ark of the Covenant and its whereabouts.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raivan31
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

I personally believe that the ark contained some kind of generator or power source of some kind that could provide power wirelessly to other things.
In the documents detailling its transport during the 40 years in the desert it describes the symptoms prior to death of people that got too close and they sound like severe radiation exposure.
plus the jews were eating something during this time and they would have needed a water supply as well, not to mention a means of navigation and defence against enemies (which jews have always had, historically speaking - quite good at making enemies are the jewish people)
A search on the net brings up tons of stuff on 'power source' related theories.

It does have a power source as you say . But electronics did not exist in any fashion for another 3000 years . The power was of God .

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by MrsBlonde

Yeah, I agree there are some very interesting ideas on that site... Again, it kind of helps it all add up for me... But it can't be accurate right? I mean really... The most logical thing can't be correct right? lol (yes my tongue is in my cheek)

I also agree that inter-dimensional capabilities could be involved, but I kind of feel like the "Gods" of old were real, as in the ancients knew them literally, (they found the tomb of Osiris between the Great Pyramid and the Sphinx that has some very interesting features) they met them and feared them face to face. I think that either war or some other event caused them to attempt to destroy their creations (us) and leave us behind taking their tech and knowledge with them. The tribes were left separated, with different languages to purposefully cause this knowledge to be lost or confused. I see a great uprising and the "Gods" were threatened by us, their own creations, causing them to bring down swift justice while limiting our ability to make great technological advances to be a continued threat.

Though I was raised Christian (Pentecostal at that), I have a hard time believing in an all powerful God. I have an easier time believing that some sort of Multidimensional Beings were perceived as Gods by our ancestors.

I look at it like this... If God is all powerful can he make a mountain so big that even he can't pick it up?

Either way it points out that being "All Powerful" is not possible. If he can make it so big he can't pick it up...he fails because he isn't strong enough to lift it, or he can't make something that big and still fails, that being said ...How can an all powerful God be foul-able?

The idea is inherently flawed in my mind.

I don't intend to test anyone's faith pointing out my view...I only make this statement to point out my perspective on the idea, never to try and change yours.

So... I guess what I'm saying is... Yes... The Ark could in fact be in a different dimension as you suggested, I'm just not convinced that an all powerful being helped to move it... If it has been moved to another dimension it was more likely moved there by something mortal using a technology that we haven't discovered yet or even better that we have lost or forgotten about.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Revolution9

I read where Solomons son from the Ethiopian queen Sheba actually was allowed to replicate the Ark of the Covenant and instead of taking the copy he took the original . He headed for Ethiopia and when Solomon discovered what had happened he gave chase but God stopped him . After all God knew the overall plan for Israel and Solomon was worshipping other gods . God put the Ark in Ethiopia because Israel was going to be destroyed . Note that Ethiopia has not been overthrown .
Not long ago Israel secretly went to Ethiopia and brought back alleged people and other things . An archaeologist was said to have seen an ARK under the Temple Mount plus the one that was in Ethiopia tends to confirm the above story . We will know soon !

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Revolution9
reply to post by OmegaLogos

From the Scriptures you quote you will of course know that The Ark on Earth was a replica even of the True Ark in Heaven. The Ark was man made as a task for The Most High. The real Covenant is Heavenly.

Yup, and both contain an Ark Communication Device where conversations and agreements (covenants) take place. Most High Alien is ticked off we aren't answering anymore. He's roamin around in his wheel in the sky Ezekial saw, hollerin' "can you hear me now...?!" cause he knows it's much better than letting crazy humans climb up into his craft like Jacob's famous ladder into the sky...

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by new_here

I thought this was a site for Adults . Not some kiddy facebook .

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

edit on 9/20/2011 by MrsBlonde because: I'll try again later

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I know several of you have been waiting for my take on this. I’m actually divided between these sources below. I have provided the links so that you can read and discern for yourself.

anchorstone.com...

arkdiscovery.com...

www.mt.net...

Or Mr Flynn’s book, Temple At The Center Of Time.
www.google.com...:en-US
fficial&client=firefox-a

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Raivan31

A search on the net brings up tons of stuff on 'power source' related theories

I don't think the ark is a power source.

The Ark seemed to radiate with the presence of God.

Samuel 5:1-12

Basically the Philistines defeated the Israelites in a climactic battle and captured the Ark, and then they took it to the Temple of Dagon and placed it beside the idol of Dagon and left for the night. When they came in the next morning the idol of Dagon was laying on its face before the Ark and so they stood it back up in its place and left again. The second morning they came in and again the Idol of Dagon was laying on its face before the Ark and again they stood it back up in its place and left. On the 3rd morning they came into the temple and Dagon's head and hands had been severed and placed between its feet. The priests declared the temple to Dagon as being cursed and never set foot there again for all the days of the philistines.

Well, the philistines decided to move the Ark to another town, and shortly after God smote the town with plagues and diseases, so the philistines moved it to another town and again that town was smitten with plagues and diseases so the philistines decided to move it a 3rd time, and as the people of the 3rd town saw the ark coming to their town they declared that the other philistines were coming to kill them, so they demanded that those bearing the Ark return it to Israel because the God of Israel was sore upon them.

Whatever the case i don't think it was a "power source" in terms of technology, God seemed rather pissed off that this idol to Dagon dared to stand in his presence and not stay bowed down so he beheaded it. Apparently there was an intelligence posessing the Ark. The moral of the lesson is that Yahweh bows down to no god and that Yahweh's power cannot be "posessed" or taken by men because he made his covenant with the Israelites and no one else (until Jesus and the new covenant).

Thats the official story of the bible. Either way i don't think i'd have the balls to even look at that thing and i'm a christian and the Lord dwells in me now. I would still be nervous looking at that relic.
edit on 20-9-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-9-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
It's in heaven:

Revelation 11:19 And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament: and there were lightnings, and voices, and thunderings, and an earthquake, and great hail.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonPeter

I read where Solomons son from the Ethiopian queen Sheba actually was allowed to replicate the Ark of the Covenant and instead of taking the copy he took the original . He headed for Ethiopia and when Solomon discovered what had happened he gave chase but God stopped him . After all God knew the overall plan for Israel and Solomon was worshipping other gods . God put the Ark in Ethiopia because Israel was going to be destroyed . Note that Ethiopia has not been overthrown .
Not long ago Israel secretly went to Ethiopia and brought back alleged people and other things . An archaeologist was said to have seen an ARK under the Temple Mount plus the one that was in Ethiopia tends to confirm the above story . We will know soon !

I know the archeologist youre talking about, i met him 16 years ago when he came to my church to talk about the Ark, he did say it was sealed up in a tunnel under Mt. Hermon with alot of Israeli Gaurds and that the muslim were pissed. he said that until the temple is rebuilt if the jews try to bring out the ark it would ignite a holy war so until Israel can settle the dispute over who Jerusalem belongs to it will remain hidden. Thats what he said anyway.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
When a Jehovah friend of mine was asked the whereabout of the Ark today...he replied it is gone for good. That it already had served God's purpose, and was no longer needed.

I am of the opinion that if anything at all is "of GOD"...then God himself would not let it disappear. Where it really is, and when we shall see it again....only God knows. But I believe we will someday.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazloFarnsworth
When a Jehovah friend of mine was asked the whereabout of the Ark today...he replied it is gone for good. That it already had served God's purpose, and was no longer needed.

I am of the opinion that if anything at all is "of GOD"...then God himself would not let it disappear. Where it really is, and when we shall see it again....only God knows. But I believe we will someday.

The Bible tells us where it is...it's in heaven:

Revelation 11:19 And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament: and there were lightnings, and voices, and thunderings, and an earthquake, and great hail.
edit on 20-9-2011 by kwell because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
The Ark was likely a capacitor, with a lining and coating of gold around wood. When touched, the gold conducted the charge that had built up inside the chamber of the Ark. The charge would build up via static electricity in the air being conducted through the wings of the creatures on the lid of the Ark. This is why Aaron had to wear an outfit that would ground him electrically when he went in to the Ark for sacrifice.

The Ark is a type and shadow of things to come. It is made of acacia wood, which tree has a lifespan of around 30 years, therefore imitating Christ's 34 year lifespan. The box of "mortal" wood was coated in "immortal" gold (which never "sins or corrupts"; i.e., does not tarnish). These two substances showed the mortal and immortal nature of Jesus Christ.

Inside the Ark there were three objects stored: the tablets of the Ten Commandments (second copy, unbroken), the rod of Aaron that budded, and a container of manna (bread from heaven that fed the Hebrews on their travels for 40 years in the wilderness before they were allowed into the Promised Land). These three items signify Christ: his keeping the law perfectly, his resurrection, and his being the bread of life for mankind.

The whereabouts of the Ark may be known, but it has not been seen publicly since the Babylonian captivity. When Jesus was crucified and the veil in the temple was rent in twain in the Holy of Holies, there was no Ark in the chamber. It had fulfilled it's need to show the coming of Christ. The Ark was now nailed to the cross.

That is my understanding of it all.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
These discussions are always interesting.
Never discuss politics or religion is the saying...and we can see why.
The way I see it is...if an omnipotent god allowed someone to destroy "his" temple and "his" people...why in the hell would he protect "one" relic? Relics are created with a snap of the fingers...and it only meant something to those stubborn arses he allowed to be enslaved.
That city was encircled, the inhabitants killed or enslaved and everything of value hauled off for loot. The Ark was probably a lump of charcoal embedded gold. Valuable to the Babylonians, but now worthless to those disenfranchised Aronic Priests.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by kwell

Greetings Kwell. Agreed. I believe that. Its just some folks say its gone forever. And I tend to argue the point that its is "of God" and God would not..has not..wont...(you get it)...let anything happen to it...and someday...I believe we'll all see it again.
Thanks

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

The Ethiopian claim has been debunked already. It may have been there at one time but it is not there now. There is one man who claims he found it and saw it and Angels and then Israel sealed it up. Cannot vouch for the veracity of his claim but I do think he has proved his other finds like Noah's Ark and the Red Sea Crossing and Mount Sinai.

There are many more videos under Ron Wyatt

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by theindependentjournal

Couldnt see the video, it said malformed video content

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazloFarnsworth

Well, seeing as how it was the Ark of the Covenant, and the covenant between God and the Jews was over and done with because of their complete inability to give up their pagan gods (see also the destruction of the Temple), that seems like a reasonable thing to assume. The Jews were "unchosen," and whatever power might have been with it vanished, and it was destroyed.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Revolution9

Originally posted by reficul

isn't this how rastafarianism started? i am very familiar with 'cush' but the herbal form! rastas call their herb ganja,from the river ganja. shiva came down from heavan and landed in the ganges river and gave cannabis to man

Yes, very much. I got really into the Rasta thing. I still make dub music. Yes, check out Cush on google as related to the Bible. It really is so fascinating. The story of Halie Selassie is quite amazing. Infact, check out about Moses's wife Zipporah. She was a black woman, truely. Moses got criticised by his sister Miriam and his brother Aaron for marrying her. He married a woman of Cush. There is a comment in the bible also similar to our saying "Can a leopard change its spots". It goes; "Can a Cush-ite change his skin".Jeremiah 13:23. The pun is on the colour of skin. Miriam got punished by The Lord for criticising Moses; her skin became white as a leper. Notice again the emphasis on skin colour.

Africa had a huge influence in The Old Testament.
edit on 20-9-2011 by Revolution9 because: spelling

edit on 20-9-2011 by Revolution9 because: clarity

edit on 20-9-2011 by Revolution9 because: spelling

Actually it was his last wife that was Ethiopian. Zipporah was from Midian, which is in modern day Saudi Arabia. She divorced him after he and their sons were circumcised.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
The Irish have a legend that Jeremiah sailed to what is Ireland now. Ireland had a four waves of groups of peoples who sailed there. It is not unreasonable that could have happened. The names we have for nations today are not the same when they were recorded in the Bible, hence Gaul is France and Spain is considered Tarshish.

I think we could find what Ireland was called in the Old Testament days. We have to look for clues about the definitions of those countries. There is a legend of Conall Cearnach that was a Roman gladiator who was in Jerusalem when Jesus was crucified.

www.omegaletter.com...

This Conall Cearnach was a druid and eventually returned home to Ireland. There he told the story of Jesus before St. Patrick was even born. He was not Catholic so he was not influenced by the Catholic church in any manner. Perhaps there is some credence to Jeremiah going to Ireland, we do not know. The harp on the flag of Ireland is called Jeremiah's harp. He could have taken the ark with him there. I don't know, just throwing it out there.

Notice the name of the Druid seer, his name is Bachrach.
edit on 9/21/2011 by WarminIndy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join