It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The missing Ark of the Covenant and its whereabouts.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
When it comes to the missing Ark of the Covenant, there are more legends and myths to be found of this ancient relic than of any other relic in the entire world. Some people believe the Ark is hidden in caverns underneath Mt. Hermon walled up in a secret alcove until the jews find it safe to rebuild their destroyed temple, others believe it was destroyed by the Babylonians when they sacked Jerusalem and looted the Temple of Solomon. Yet others still claim that a group of priests escaped with the Ark and took it south down the Nile river to Ethiopia (link below).

www.sacred-destinations.com...

www.baseinstitute.org...

If it is in Ethiopia why has Israel not reclaimed it? It holds the relics of the staff of Moses and the stone tablets the Commandments were rewritten on by Moses after he angrily used the tablets God wrote with his own hand to destroy the golden calf, and the sacred manna God gave the Israelites during their 40 year sojourn in the wilderness.

I would imagine that a relic such as this would be a treasure closes to any jews' heart as the Ark was the vessel that held the Lord's presence when it was in the Holy of Holies. This relic tantalizes the minds of christians, jews and muslims alike, although the muslim would probably not want it found because it would solidify the jewish right to jerusalem and the right to rebuild the temple.

Is there anyone out there who can say 100% for a fact that they have seen the Ark of the Covenant and know the true location of its resting place, or has it been destroyed?

If this holy relic is indeed in Ethiopia why does Israel not demand it be returned? One could conclude that it belongs to them by right, not some other country far away. Has Israel forgotten the Ark and what it meant to them? So many mysteries tied to one object. So many would be conquerors ranging from Napolean to Adolf Hitler sought this relic, for the belief it still held God's power, so many madmen.

edit on 20-9-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-9-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Thanks for your post.

I looked into this much at one time. My conclusion was that the real Ark does not exist anymore. It was made of gold and wood with the tablets inside.

The wood is rotted away, the gold was melted down by one of Israel's many invaders and may be, just may be the stones are somewhere. That is the only bit which may have survived.

What is in Ethiopia is a copy of the tablets. It was/is a common custom. Look it up on google. The former Ethiopian Emperor H.I.M Hailes Selassie used to take a copy of the tablets with him whenever he travelled.

Doubtless, those in the Church in Ethiopia are very old, but they are not the originals.

Sorry to add any disheartening info on that account.

God Bless.

ps. I seen many of your posts and I respect you much for the input you have here at ATS. You are a good man.
edit on 20-9-2011 by Revolution9 because: spelling

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Explanation: Uhmmm?

It is NOT lost at all!

It belongs to God!

Revelation 11:19 (KJV) [blueletterbible.org]

Rev 11:19 And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament: and there were lightnings, and voices, and thunderings, and an earthquake, and great hail.

Personal Disclosure:

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Ethiopia's biblical past and the Ark of the Covenant

Good article from BBC about Ethiopia and The Ark. The replicas are called Tabots.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   

I personally believe that the ark contained some kind of generator or power source of some kind that could provide power wirelessly to other things.
In the documents detailling its transport during the 40 years in the desert it describes the symptoms prior to death of people that got too close and they sound like severe radiation exposure.
plus the jews were eating something during this time and they would have needed a water supply as well, not to mention a means of navigation and defence against enemies (which jews have always had, historically speaking - quite good at making enemies are the jewish people)
A search on the net brings up tons of stuff on 'power source' related theories.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

From the Scriptures you quote you will of course know that The Ark on Earth was a replica even of the True Ark in Heaven. The Ark was man made as a task for The Most High. The real Covenant is Heavenly.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raivan31

I personally believe that the ark contained some kind of generator or power source of some kind that could provide power wirelessly to other things.
In the documents detailling its transport during the 40 years in the desert it describes the symptoms prior to death of people that got too close and they sound like severe radiation exposure.
plus the jews were eating something during this time and they would have needed a water supply as well, not to mention a means of navigation and defence against enemies (which jews have always had, historically speaking - quite good at making enemies are the jewish people)
A search on the net brings up tons of stuff on 'power source' related theories.

For sure it did have real power. I don't believe it was earthly though. Even The Lord must use physics though to manifest His Power in the physical dimension of earth (may be - 'tis all speculation is it not).

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Revolution9

Good article from BBC about Ethiopia and The Ark. The replicas are called Tabots.

seen a few documentaries linking it with ethiopia. so i'm guessing its there or else in that big warehouse. you know the one. its down the back.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
the ethiopian connection come from the story,that king solomon,and the queen of sheba had a son,melnick,and when he grew up,he snuck into isreal and stole the ark,and brought it to ethiopia. the falashas in this country still practice an archaic form of judeaism and still sacrifice animals. some say they are the 'lost' tribe of isreal. although the ethiopians believe they have the arc,and i suppose it is plausable,i personally doubt it. they call it 'tabot' and they have a festival once a year and parade the 'tabot' around. this tabot is just a plank of wood.
i'm no expert,i only know what i've studied. perhaps other ATS members can shed more light on this!

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
You wont find it in any street corner skip but thats where such a load of b.ll..ks belongs!

Follow bible babble and you will forever be looking for empytiness!

Reality is something you can hang on too but myth and balony has not rope or anything to grasp!!!!

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Yeah I also think that the earthly ark was a copy of the real thing, but it doesn't really hold any "special power" or anything like that. Im sure that it still exists somewhere, such an important artifact like that doesnt just get left to rot.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by reficul
the ethiopian connection come from the story,that king solomon,and the queen of sheba had a son,melnick,and when he grew up,he snuck into isreal and stole the ark,and brought it to ethiopia. the falashas in this country still practice an archaic form of judeaism and still sacrifice animals. some say they are the 'lost' tribe of isreal. although the ethiopians believe they have the arc,and i suppose it is plausable,i personally doubt it. they call it 'tabot' and they have a festival once a year and parade the 'tabot' around. this tabot is just a plank of wood.
i'm no expert,i only know what i've studied. perhaps other ATS members can shed more light on this!

You got it. There is a very real connection through the blood of the Aristocracy. If you look at pictures of H.I.M Haile Selassie he is not full African. He looks half Jewish and Half African. He even spent much time living in Jerusalem when he was exiled after the naughty Italians occupied his country. I read both volumes of his autobiography. A great man who for me had the spirit of David in his dealings with the U.N. God rest his soul.

The Ethiopians go way back in the Bible. They took on Judaism very early an even in David's time they were employed in his army. They were part of Cush. There are many many references to them in the Bible.

Haile Selassie believed himself to be a blood descendant of Solomon and David. They were very careful to marry into Family and keep the blood. I think there could be truth to this.
edit on 20-9-2011 by Revolution9 because: clarity

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

If it is in Ethiopia why has Israel not reclaimed it? It holds the relics of the staff of Moses and the stone tablets the Commandments were rewritten on by Moses after he angrily used the tablets God wrote with his own hand to destroy the golden calf, and the sacred manna God gave the Israelites during their 40 year sojourn in the wilderness.

I would imagine that a relic such as this would be a treasure closes to any jews' heart as the Ark was the vessel that held the Lord's presence when it was in the Holy of Holies. This relic tantalizes the minds of christians, jews and muslims alike, although the muslim would probably not want it found because it would solidify the jewish right to jerusalem and the right to rebuild the temple.

If this holy relic is indeed in Ethiopia why does Israel not demand it be returned? One could conclude that it belongs to them by right, not some other country far away. Has Israel forgotten the Ark and what it meant to them?...

There is no Temple in Jerusalem to house the ark, and I believe this is a requirement under the Law. Why take the Ark away from its current home with practicing jews (the Falashas) who are recognized as jews by Israel and given the right of return as they will? If it's truly there, it's apparently being cared for an appropriately secured.

Is there anyone out there who can say 100% for a fact that they have seen the Ark of the Covenant and know the true location of its resting place, or has it been destroyed?

I don't think so, at least not without storming the temple in Axum to either confirm or disprove the claims of the ethiopian jews, but with some of the anomalies involved, I personally don't see any need to doubt the account of the Kebra Negast...until something comes to light otherwise, I'm going to believe them and assume it was actually smuggled to Ethiopia by Menelek to avoid desecration at the hands of Solomon and his wives, as well as the resulting loss to various invaders.

Has been quite some time since I've done any research on it, but I believe I also remember hearing that the supposed high guardians of the Ark in Axum tend to come down with various cancers related to radiation exposure, so...just food for thought, there.

Take care...but only time will tell, in my opinion. As I said, though, with no temple in Jerusalem, no reason (or justification) to recall the ark. If the temple is rebuilt, though...who knows?

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by RoguePhilosopher

You wont find it in any street corner skip but thats where such a load of b.ll..ks belongs!

Follow bible babble and you will forever be looking for empytiness!

Reality is something you can hang on too but myth and balony has not rope or anything to grasp!!!!

The Bible is history. It is real. People really believe this stuff and have done for many thousands of years. It has strongly influenced many cultures and even our Law in UK and U.S has been influenced by the Law of Moses. On that account it is valid, whatever else we may believe.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

here is an interview : David Wilcock interviews Graham Hancock they discuss many things one of which is the Ark,Hancock says some interesting things about the Ethiopian Ark

1 the Ark guardians live very short lives after they assume guardianship of the Ark
2 they have used the Ark in 2 wars and won them
3 Hancock himself has interviewed 2 or 3 Ark guardians about their symptoms, as he in his job as a foreign corespondent frequently found himself in the area in which the Ark is kept

interesting interview

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Revolution9

isn't this how rastafarianism started? i am very familiar with 'cush' but the herbal form! rastas call their herb ganja,from the river ganja. shiva came down from heavan and landed in the ganges river and gave cannabis to man

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by reficul

isn't this how rastafarianism started? i am very familiar with 'cush' but the herbal form! rastas call their herb ganja,from the river ganja. shiva came down from heavan and landed in the ganges river and gave cannabis to man

Yes, very much. I got really into the Rasta thing. I still make dub music. Yes, check out Cush on google as related to the Bible. It really is so fascinating. The story of Halie Selassie is quite amazing. Infact, check out about Moses's wife Zipporah. She was a black woman, truely. Moses got criticised by his sister Miriam and his brother Aaron for marrying her. He married a woman of Cush. There is a comment in the bible also similar to our saying "Can a leopard change its spots". It goes; "Can a Cush-ite change his skin".Jeremiah 13:23. The pun is on the colour of skin. Miriam got punished by The Lord for criticising Moses; her skin became white as a leper. Notice again the emphasis on skin colour.

Africa had a huge influence in The Old Testament.

edit on 20-9-2011 by Revolution9 because: clarity

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull

Originally posted by Revolution9

seen a few documentaries linking it with ethiopia. so i'm guessing its there or else in that big warehouse. you know the one. its down the back.

Hehe! It would be amazing if it still did exist. But I personally don't go along with the Ethiopians holding it. By now The Rothschilds would have done literally anything to get hold of it. I would love it if Ethiopia did have it. Just my instinct tells me it aint there.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Its not accurate history though. Which is really quite sad. If people just concentrated on the "love one another" message then that would be cool, but as they say, the devil is in the detail, and this is where it all falls down once they start taking literally what was written down thousands of years ago, edited and changed to suit the leaders agendas at various points in history.

There are no original, unedited texts from that time. And I find it convenient how the original tablets that were supposedly written by god himself got destroyed. There is not a shred of concrete evidence to support the existence of the ark. It is being extremely well hidden if it does exist, but its more than likely it does not. Besides I bet it pales into insignificance compared with the technology we use now. Back then, any technology would have been "supernatural" to the masses, but now, its trivial.
edit on 20-9-2011 by Firefly_ because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join